Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Alaska Revisited - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: Alaska (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=126)
+----- Thread: [RELEASE] Alaska Revisited (/showthread.php?tid=70302)

- meridius - 2010-08-25

Hitcher Wrote:So there's no texture over the episode icon but that glitch still shows up?

Can you post an XBMC screen shot (press Print Screen).

ok the first pic is the normal alaska revisited nothing edited and get the corrupt thumbs, it does change but still get the same sort of problem abit like in image 2

this 2nd one alaska revisited with Viewtype_Landscape.xml and change this <texture>landscapeframeNF.png</texture> to this <texture>-</texture> same corrupt thumb

the third is with big alaska and as you can see no problems with corrupt thumbs

its very strange why its doing this i have even updated to the latest xbmc svn hope this helps

- Hitcher - 2010-08-25

OK, try changing this line <texture>landscapematteNF.png</texture> to <texture>-</texture>

- meridius - 2010-08-25

Hitcher Wrote:OK, try changing this line <texture>landscapematteNF.png</texture> to <texture>-</texture>

just the same

- meridius - 2010-08-25

i runs windows 7 64bit by the way with a ati gfx 5770 card with 10.2 drivers

but i would of thought that should not matter as the other skins working

- Hitcher - 2010-08-25

Sorry change <texture background="true" diffuse="landscapematteNF.png">$INFO[ListItem.Icon]</texture> to <texture background="true">$INFO[ListItem.Icon]</texture> at line 66

EDIT: To post an image use the 'Direct Link' url.

- meridius - 2010-08-25

Ok please read all of this as i wanted to test different combos just in case it helped you even more to get to the problem

if i just change this line

Open up the Viewtype_Landscape.xml and change this <texture>landscapeframeNF.png</texture> to this <texture>-</texture> and report back as that's the only texture that overlays the actual icon.

it does not work.

if i just chamge this line

OK, try changing this line <texture>landscapematteNF.png</texture> to <texture>-</texture>

it does not work.

if i just change this line

change <texture background="true" diffuse="landscapematteNF.png">$INFO[ListItem.Icon]</texture> to <texture background="true">$INFO[ListItem.Icon]</texture> at line 66

it does not work

if i change both lines of

Open up the Viewtype_Landscape.xml and change this <texture>landscapeframeNF.png</texture> to this <texture>-</texture> and report back as that's the only texture that overlays the actual icon.
&

it does not work

if i change both lines of

&
change <texture background="true" diffuse="landscapematteNF.png">$INFO[ListItem.Icon]</texture> to <texture background="true">$INFO[ListItem.Icon]</texture> at line 66

does not work

if i change both lines

&

it works

but as you know some of the textures are removed so there must be somthing there that is casuing this problem as modding the lines

&

works , Ihope this helps sorry for all the combos but need to find out what lines fixed this

- Hitcher - 2010-08-25

meridius Wrote:if i change both lines

&

it works
I really don't have a clue as to what's happening here because that single texture is completely white and also looking at your screen shots the glitches are all different.

Sorry.

- Hitcher - 2010-08-25

Right, last attempt.

Try this texture.xbt file -

http://www.mediafire.com/?o85exmymb7qr9oz

- meridius - 2010-08-25

Hitcher Wrote:I really don't have a clue as to what's happening here because that single texture is completely white and also looking at your screen shots the glitches are all different.

Sorry.

could it be the size of the texture ?

what gfx card you using and what drivers and are you on windows 7 just in case its that.

its strange when i add both them lines you gave me and it fixed it maybe it somthing to do with that texture a size problem maybe looking into the big alaska texture and size might give some clue as why its works fine.

- meridius - 2010-08-25

Hitcher Wrote:Right, last attempt.

Try this texture.xbt file -

http://www.mediafire.com/?o85exmymb7qr9oz

do i need to alter the lines again ? just placed the texture file in there and still the same problem

why is big alaska working and that has the same type of faded texture the only thing i can think of is that big alaska uses 2 textures wheres yours uses 1

big alaska
<texture background="true" flipy="true" diffuse="landscape/landscapematteNF_reflect.png">$INFO[ListItem.Icon]</texture>
&
<texture>landscape/landscapematteNF.png</texture>

this is the only difference i can see maybe its becasue your using 1 texture to do both wheres big alaska is using 2 ?

dont know why its not doing it on your system and its on mine

- Hitcher - 2010-08-25

I remade that specific texture and it's dimensions shouldn't be a problem as they're a even number and no-one else seems to have this problem.

What I really can't understand is why it's different in each of those screen shots - if it was the texture I'd expect it to be the same each time.

I strongly suggest you post in the Windows forum because I can't think of anything else I can do from my end.

- meridius - 2010-08-25

Hitcher Wrote:I remade that specific texture and it's dimensions shouldn't be a problem as they're a even number and no-one else seems to have this problem.

What I really can't understand is why it's different in each of those screen shots - if it was the texture I'd expect it to be the same each time.

I strongly suggest you post in the Windows forum because I can't think of anything else I can do from my end.

why is big alaska working and that has the same type of faded texture the only thing i can think of is that big alaska uses 2 textures wheres yours uses 1

big alaska
<texture background="true" flipy="true" diffuse="landscape/landscapematteNF_reflect.png">$INFO[ListItem.Icon]</texture>
&
<texture>landscape/landscapematteNF.png</texture>

this is the only difference i can see maybe its becasue your using 1 texture to do both wheres big alaska is using 2 ?

what windows version you using?

- Hitcher - 2010-08-25

meridius Wrote:<texture background="true" flipy="true" diffuse="landscape/landscapematteNF_reflect.png">$INFO[ListItem.Icon]</texture>

That's the code for the reflection which I use as well.

You can't compare Revisited to Big Alaska (which is based on Alaska) because I basically remade Revisited from scratch - it's like saying Fanart view works in Confluence.

- meridius - 2010-08-25

can not figure out why this is not working and does when you change them two lines of code i hope you can figure out why this is happening

do you have a ti gfx card on windows 7 ? what drivers

what i did notice is that when i enter a season and go back out and back in it corrects itself in that season if it does it on other shows i exit out and stright back in and fixes it ??

- BacklitVillain - 2010-08-26

Really sorry if this has been mentioned before but I couldn't find any informtaion via the search function, nor did I fancy trawling all 80 pages.

Ref. the combined landscape, banner and poster support: In the banner TV veiw some of the banners a missing, i have my scraper set to posters, have put banner.jpg and landscape.jpg in all the tv shows folders but some show up and some don't.

Am I being a complete moron? I'm pretty useless at all this stuff, all I know is gleaned from the forums and such, so if im doing something stupid I apologise in advance.

For info i am using vista sp2 and xbmc pre-10.5 r33040.

Thanks in advance