Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Alaska Revisited - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: Alaska (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=126)
+----- Thread: [RELEASE] Alaska Revisited (/showthread.php?tid=70302)

- 420p - 2010-12-12

- 420p - 2010-12-12

nvm, got it fixed. Thanks

- WheresWaldo - 2010-12-12

Seen an issue with DTS-MA abd True-HD streams. All of these come up as ? over the Channel indicator, I went to the google codepage and saw that you have dtsma-1.png as well as truehd.png in the trunk. As an experiment I downloaded those png files and added them to skin.alaska.revisited/media. First go rouund nothing changed, renamed dtsma-1.png to dtsma.png and all the DTS-MA titles now display a DTS logo not the DTS-MA logo. TrueHD does not show regardless, even though I assume the logo is in Textures.xbt as well as a separate copy in the media folder.

Maybe a fault in the display logic? My assumption is that you see dtsma but only check the first few characters so everyone comes up dts?

Other skins display the information correctly. Of course Confluence leaves DTS-MA and TrueHD blank.

- Hitcher - 2010-12-12

Can you tell me the skins that show them please?

- WheresWaldo - 2010-12-13

Hitcher Wrote:Can you tell me the skins that show them please?

Transparency displays both DTS-MA and TrueHD correctly. PM3 displays TrueHD correctly but leaves DTS-MA blank. Backrow displays DTS-MA correctly but leaves TrueHD blank.

I have done some more testing:

I ssh into my box and made sure I was on the latest build (ppa), made sure there where no new updates to Alaska Revisited. I apologize about the TrueHD, that seems to be working correctly. If I add dtsma.png as a separate file in home/xbmc/.xbmc/addons/skin.alaska.revisited/media I still get a ? instead of DTS MA logo. If I rename it dtshd.png it doesn't find it. DTS shows properly for all .mkv files that use DTS core audio. Mediainfo and the above Backrow and Transparency skins correctly identify DTS-MA, without resorting to adding any files.

Since everyone now is using the approved Textures.xbt files for media flags and other images it is now much harder for an end user to help troubleshoot these issues. If there is something specific you want me to try I would be more than happy to do it.

- hendoben - 2010-12-13

Has anyone here made any custom themes that they might want to share? Love the skin but would prefer a darker theme.

- mcborzu - 2010-12-13

WheresWaldo Wrote:Since everyone now is using the approved Textures.xbt files for media flags and other images it is now much harder for an end user to help troubleshoot these issues. If there is something specific you want me to try I would be more than happy to do it.

When downloading via the Addon Browser, yes but in the skins main forum thread is a link to their development GIT/SVN where the source images are uncompressed...

- tonybeccar - 2010-12-13

Hi, I have a question.

I disabled some items in the default home menu. Now when I start XBMC, the first item that is selected by default is Tv Shows, and I'd like it to be Movies. Is there any way to accomplish this? I've been searching through the code but can't find the way to do it, I don't wanna change the order, just the fous.

I'm trying to do this beause the TV Shows button is on the right of the home menu, and the whole menu itself is unbalanced, I'd like it to be centered, by focusing in Movies.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

- Hitcher - 2010-12-13

Includes_HomeDefault.xml - Line 896 - <focusposition>3</focusposition>

Change it to <focusposition>4</focusposition>

- tonybeccar - 2010-12-13

Hitcher Wrote:Includes_HomeDefault.xml - Line 896 - <focusposition>3</focusposition>

Change it to <focusposition>4</focusposition>

Thank you very much Hitcher!

- smithr99 - 2010-12-13

any chance of getting karaoke supported in alaska and/or revisited ? currently xbmc falls on its arse when trying to play karaoke as there's a couple of xmls missing

- Hitcher - 2010-12-13

How do you even use it?

- Juanflaco - 2010-12-13

hendoben Wrote:Has anyone here made any custom themes that they might want to share? Love the skin but would prefer a darker theme.
Got one in progress - hope to have it wrapped up very soon!

- smithr99 - 2010-12-14

Hitcher Wrote:How do you even use it?

there's a couple of missing xmls...

MusicKaraokeLyrics.xml and DialogKaraokeSongSelector.xml I think are the 2 main ones.

Basically to use it you just run a mp3 file that has a cdg (karaoke text essentially) with the same name in the same folder. I think there's a setting in the music settings to enable the support.

A while ago I was able to get it up and running by having these 2 xml files (i copied them from another skin) in my 720p folder, but with the auto updates from the repo it seems to lose these files again.

Just wondered if you could maybe stick them into the repo and maybe tweak them a little just so it looks "alaska-ish" !

- Hitcher - 2010-12-14

smithr99 Wrote:Basically to use it you just run a mp3 file that has a cdg (karaoke text essentially) with the same name in the same folder.
Thanks, that's what I needed to know to be able to code it.