Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Alaska Revisited - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: Alaska (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=126)
+----- Thread: [RELEASE] Alaska Revisited (/showthread.php?tid=70302)

- smithr99 - 2010-12-14

Hitcher Wrote:Thanks, that's what I needed to know to be able to code it.

no problem, if you need any more help let me know Smile

ps heres the xbmc wiki section on karaoke stuff - there's more than just .CDG files ...
http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=HOW-TO_setup_XBMC_for_Karaoke

- WheresWaldo - 2010-12-15

Hitcher did you by chance look into the issue of no DTSMA audio flag?

- Stranger - 2010-12-15

Scrapped

- Hitcher - 2010-12-15

WheresWaldo Wrote:Hitcher did you by chance look into the issue of no DTSMA audio flag?
Yes, it'll be in the next release.

- kjuu - 2010-12-15

Just noticed that broadcast date is in a weird format (atleast for us swedes)

Any simple hack to get back to yyyy-mm-dd? (or setting)

Thanks!

- furii - 2010-12-15

WheresWaldo Wrote:Hitcher did you by chance look into the issue of no DTSMA audio flag?

what format do you have your media stored in that xbmc is detecting the track properly as DTS-HD MA? i have my remuxes in mkv and xbmc shows it as a standard DTS track.

- WheresWaldo - 2010-12-15

furii Wrote:what format do you have your media stored in that xbmc is detecting the track properly as DTS-HD MA? i have my remuxes in mkv and xbmc shows it as a standard DTS track.

I also use MKV for all but trailers which fluctuate between MP4 and MOV. But I do not re-encode the audio. I used to but now just rip the audio out first then remux it back later with MKVMerge.

It takes a few minutes longer but I always use HD audio now if available. My current steps are:

1. AnyDVDHD to rip to HDD
  2. UsEac3To to extract raw audio and any English subs
    1. BDSup2Sub to export forced subtitles (if necessary).
  3. RipBot264 to re-encode video only as MKV
  4. mkvmerge to remux MKV+HD Audio+Subtitle+Forced Subtitle.
  5. Move file to Ubuntu Server Raid array
  6. EmberMediaManager to scrape and create NFO
  7. Scan for new content in xbmc

This preserves the Audio as high def and is a bit easier than trying to use RipBot264 for everything. Also mkvmerge will accept SUP files without converting to VOB files for subtitles, only the forced subs get exported as a VOB/IDX fileset.

ATI and nvidia both now bitstream TrueHD as well as DTSMA with their latest cards and drivers in Windows, although linux lags in this respect. I have two xbmc boxes that are hooked up directly to TVs so those use core DTS or core AC3 streams. A third box connected to my 60" Sony XBR1 as well as an Onkyo 7.1 AV Receiver. That box I play with the least but will eventually settle on something as xbmc matures to a point where they can decode DTS-MA and TrueHD (I may be dead before I see real TrueHD support as there are no open source decoders). The other two boxes get played with regularly trying new add-ons, removing stuff, other experiments.

Alaska Revisited on all three xbmc installations. I do have every other skin in the repository loaded and enabled but use AR 98% of the time. When JuanFlaco publishes a how to with his mods I will look at making a color coordinated dark theme for myself and then Alaska Revisited will be nearly perfect and my use of it will go to 99%.

Note: It was brought to my attention that the Windows version of xbmc might not like PGS Subtitles so you will need to run all of them through BDSup3Sub or let RipBot264 add your subtitles in as it converts them before remuxing.

- Stranger - 2010-12-16

Scrapped

- furii - 2010-12-16

WheresWaldo Wrote:I also use MKV for all but trailers which fluctuate between MP4 and MOV. But I do not re-encode the audio. I used to but now just rip the audio out first then remux it back later with MKVMerge.

It takes a few minutes longer but I always use HD audio now if available. My current steps are:

1. AnyDVDHD to rip to HDD
  2. UsEac3To to extract raw audio and any English subs
    1. BDSup2Sub to export forced subtitles (if necessary).
  3. RipBot264 to re-encode video only as MKV
  4. mkvmerge to remux MKV+HD Audio+Subtitle+Forced Subtitle.
  5. Move file to Ubuntu Server Raid array
  6. EmberMediaManager to scrape and create NFO
  7. Scan for new content in xbmc

This preserves the Audio as high def and is a bit easier than trying to use RipBot264 for everything. Also mkvmerge will accept SUP files without converting to VOB files for subtitles, only the forced subs get exported as a VOB/IDX fileset.

ATI and nvidia both now bitstream TrueHD as well as DTSMA with their latest cards and drivers in Windows, although linux lags in this respect. I have two xbmc boxes that are hooked up directly to TVs so those use core DTS or core AC3 streams. A third box connected to my 60" Sony XBR1 as well as an Onkyo 7.1 AV Receiver. That box I play with the least but will eventually settle on something as xbmc matures to a point where they can decode DTS-MA and TrueHD (I may be dead before I see real TrueHD support as there are no open source decoders). The other two boxes get played with regularly trying new add-ons, removing stuff, other experiments.

Alaska Revisited on all three xbmc installations. I do have every other skin in the repository loaded and enabled but use AR 98% of the time. When JuanFlaco publishes a how to with his mods I will look at making a color coordinated dark theme for myself and then Alaska Revisited will be nearly perfect and my use of it will go to 99%.

Note: It was brought to my attention that the Windows version of xbmc might not like PGS Subtitles so you will need to run all of them through BDSup3Sub or let RipBot264 add your subtitles in as it converts them before remuxing.

thanks, i've got all the ripping and remuxing down but wasn't sure how you had xbmc detecting your hd audio streams. i assume that is a function of ember media manager? currently i just let xbmc do all my scraping because it's easier that way. also, i run linux on my htpc so i can't even get hd audio yet. after dharma hits final work gnif and everyone will be able to do more work on the audio engine branch so it's only a matter of time.

- tonybeccar - 2010-12-17

Hi, I don't think this has anything to do with the skin, but with the XBMC engine itself, but I'll give it a shot.

Basically what I'm trying to do is to add an extra string to look for when performing a movie search. I want XBMC to look in the OriginalTitle field when searching. The Originaltitle cell number is c16 in the Video database.

Any help would be appreciated! Thanks!

- Stranger - 2010-12-17

I need to move the left side sub heading up and alter the transparency of unselected thumbs. Can anyone and tell me which xml to look in and what to look for. For the thumb transparency does it change depending on the views or is it just one global setting?

- mstef - 2010-12-17

Hi Hitcher, could you please try your Alaska Revisited in movie section with vietype Poster fixed, when I select some movie, play it for a few seconds then stop it will exit but select different movie; I didn't notice this in other poster view. I have this on my asrock with live cd beta4. I will try test it on windows with rc2. Regards.

- Hitcher - 2010-12-17

mstef Wrote:Hi Hitcher, could you please try your Alaska Revisited in movie section with vietype Poster fixed, when I select some movie, play it for a few seconds then stop it will exit but select different movie; I didn't notice this in other poster view. I have this on my asrock with live cd beta4. I will try test it on windows with rc2. Regards.
It's because the viewtype id is shared with other viewtypes, I would change this but it's a lot of work.

- Hitcher - 2010-12-17

Stranger Wrote:I feel like an idiot for not taking my time and working out my query a few posts back. I've worked out how to change the panel size successfully but stuck with two elements; I need to move the left side sub heading up (globally) and alter the transparency of unselected thumbs. Can anyone and tell me which xml to look in and what to look for. For the thumb transparency does it change depending on the views or is it just one global setting?
Include - Global_Heading

Viewtype_Panel - Look for the ...NF.png textures and their corresponding colordiffuse

- Stranger - 2010-12-17

Hitcher Wrote:Include - Global_Heading

Viewtype_Panel - Look for the ...NF.png textures and their corresponding colordiffuse

Thank You!

Just a quick question regarding custom sub-menu buttons... When you add a smart playlist via favourites it will attempt to play the playlist instead of viewing it in library mode. Do you have any intention of supporting smart playlists for your custom button set up?