Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Alaska Revisited - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: Alaska (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=126)
+----- Thread: [RELEASE] Alaska Revisited (/showthread.php?tid=70302)

- grupy - 2010-04-04

thnx for the clarification...Im going to try Alaska Revisited shortly.

- nekrosoft13 - 2010-04-05

Hitcher, Alaska Revisited doesn't have unicode font.

Alaska does but the Revisited doesn't could you fix that?

- Hitcher - 2010-04-05

nekrosoft13 Wrote:Hitcher, Alaska Revisited doesn't have unicode font.

Alaska does but the Revisited doesn't could you fix that?
Basically, no.

As I stated in the first post this is my own personal version built from Duncan's original Alaska which means it uses the original (non-Unicode) fonts. I'm also not fixing/adding anything that I don't use myself.

If someone wants to take the code and make a full skin from it that's fine but please stop asking me for this, that and the other otherwise I'll just delete this thread.

- ultimasnake - 2010-04-05

Just found this great skin and it looks great! Just downloaded the latest version of xbmc and the rar from Mediafire, but when extracting winrar complains about filter.png beeing corrupt and the skin doesn't look like what is shown on the youtube video Sad ... I'm missing the white glow on the background...

Didn't find any older versions to maybe extract this file from, hellllppp would love to show this off on movienight Wink

- jok3r - 2010-04-05

Hitcher/or anyone that can answer the question.

Not requesting any "enhancements" to the skin, or asking it to be added...but is there a way i can exit XBMC (i use windows) with this skin? I can shutdown/sleep using the shutdown menu but i cant seem the exit the program.

If there isnt, thats cool...ohh and i appreciate your skin skills mate, epic stuff Smile

Thanks!

- Noosa - 2010-04-05

jok3r Wrote:Hitcher/or anyone that can answer the question.

Not requesting any "enhancements" to the skin, or asking it to be added...but is there a way i can exit XBMC (i use windows) with this skin? I can shutdown/sleep using the shutdown menu but i cant seem the exit the program.

If there isnt, thats cool...ohh and i appreciate your skin skills mate, epic stuff Smile

Thanks!

If you hit the " \ " key you can toggle windowed and fullscreen, then you can close the window.

Another fine piece of work Hitcher, this version is pretty sweet.

I honestly don't care about all the bells and whistles of the different skins, just want it to play my bazillion movies, but skins like yours make me appreciate the aethstetics. I don't know what you fed this thing, but it seems to soar through my movie library without any delay...poster, fanart etc pop-up immediately, virtually no lag vs your main release. Thank you!

- Hitcher - 2010-04-05

New version uploaded.

- rbonon - 2010-04-05

Maybe a stupid mistake from my side. I downloaded the skin from mediafire's link on first post, after seing Hitcher's post about a new version.

I noticed it lacks a skin.xml (is it a required file?) When I try to enable it, XBMC (SVN r28256 on Mac OSX) complains it is an imcompatible skin. Anyone can point what am I doing wrong.

Hitcher, thanks for sharing this. Quintessential of design. Congrats!

- reaven - 2010-04-05

Hitcher Wrote:Basically, no.

As I stated in the first post this is my own personal version built from Duncan's original Alaska which means it uses the original (non-Unicode) fonts. I'm also not fixing/adding anything that I don't use myself.

If someone wants to take the code and make a full skin from it that's fine but please stop asking me for this, that and the other otherwise I'll just delete this thread.

lol, what people cant understand about "this is my own personal version"

obviously why are you going to fix/edit/add something that you are not going to use.. you have done a lot just by share your personal version but sometimes share something brings more trouble(requests).

jok3r Wrote:Hitcher/or anyone that can answer the question.

Thanks!

I think there is a setting to set what the shutdown function does.

- Hitcher - 2010-04-05

rbonon Wrote:Maybe a stupid mistake from my side. I downloaded the skin from mediafire's link on first post, after seing Hitcher's post about a new version.

I noticed it lacks a skin.xml (is it a required file?) When I try to enable it, XBMC (SVN r28256 on Mac OSX) complains it is an imcompatible skin. Anyone can point what am I doing wrong.

Just downloaded both versions to check and they each have a skin.xml.

- Noosa - 2010-04-06

rbonon Wrote:Maybe a stupid mistake from my side. I downloaded the skin from mediafire's link on first post, after seing Hitcher's post about a new version.

First thing I always check for when that happens is to make sure I have the folder structure correct ( since I tend to do this a lot since my brain opens the wrapper to fast ):

XBMC > skin > Alaska (or whatever the skin's name is) > all the othe files ( 720, color, fonts, etc...)

- rbonon - 2010-04-06

Hitcher Wrote:Just downloaded both versions to check and they each have a skin.xml.

I re-downloaded the rar. skin.xml was there, thanks.

- LindoP - 2010-04-06

This is a great skin, whoever, i have noticed that when you bring up the OSD, the skin is not allowing me to change the audio or video settings. I am trying to change the audio from AC-3 stereo to AC-3 5.1.

Any thoughts?

- hermy65 - 2010-04-06

Sorry if this question has been asked before, I looked at the videos and cant tell what the difference between this skin and the regular alaska is. Can someone tell me?

- D0nR0s4 - 2010-04-06

In that case, just use the regular alaska, you should be fine. The differences are mainly that the revisited version is closer to djh's original designs and that hitcher made it for himself and so its not complete. (And I think the differences look gorgeous even though they are small)
If you want to see the real difference, download both and try for yourself.