Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Alaska Revisited - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: Alaska (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=126)
+----- Thread: [RELEASE] Alaska Revisited (/showthread.php?tid=70302)

- nicx76 - 2011-01-03

hi hitcher,

is it right that with your new update the includes.xml layout for the home menu is completly new?

i just wanted to change the onclick behaviour of the tv-series home menu icon but i cannot find it anymore. could you give me a hint where to find it now?

maybe its possible to edit this main menu button onclick setting in the alaska skin settings like the custom buttons too in a future version?

thanks!
nicx...

edit: i am using the hitchers default view

- TheHazel3yes - 2011-01-03

I did test them, but then I can't use submenus, that's a no-go. Sad
Also I noticed some weird behavior: When choosing TV Shows (for example), you can't directly go back to the home screen with the back button on the MCE remote - you have to circle through genre etc. before that.

I must admit I've tried Aeon MQ2 today because of the last changes, however it doesn't get even close to Alaska when it comes to Movie and TV Shows view modes! Wink

Is there a way to customize the skin myself so I can remove Music (and maybe add Games as menu item)?

- Hitcher - 2011-01-03

nicx76 Wrote:hi hitcher,

is it right that with your new update the includes.xml layout for the home menu is completly new?

i just wanted to change the onclick behaviour of the tv-series home menu icon but i cannot find it anymore. could you give me a hint where to find it now?

maybe its possible to edit this main menu button onclick setting in the alaska skin settings like the custom buttons too in a future version?

thanks!
nicx...

edit: i am using the hitchers default view

Includes_HomeDefault.xml

And no I wont be adding options to change the main menu buttons.

- Hitcher - 2011-01-03

TheHazel3yes Wrote:I did test them, but then I can't use submenus, that's a no-go. Sad
Also I noticed some weird behavior: When choosing TV Shows (for example), you can't directly go back to the home screen with the back button on the MCE remote - you have to circle through genre etc. before that.

I must admit I've tried Aeon MQ2 today because of the last changes, however it doesn't get even close to Alaska when it comes to Movie and TV Shows view modes! Wink

Is there a way to customize the skin myself so I can remove Music (and maybe add Games as menu item)?

I've just coded in the ability to hide Music as well but I think I'll stop short of hiding Movies and TV Shows as well simply because of the amount of different condition combinations involved. Adding this alone involved nearly 100 lines of extra code.

- pseudoheld - 2011-01-03

Hitcher Wrote:I've just coded in the ability to hide Music as well but I think I'll stop short of hiding Movies and TV Shows as well simply because of the amount of different condition combinations involved. Adding this alone involved nearly 100 lines of extra code.

wow this is a cool new feature. been wanting to hide music for quite some time but never could.
once again big thanks for all the work!!!

- Hitcher - 2011-01-03

OK, I've changed all the visible conditions for these hide options to conditional includes to speed the whole Home screen up and added the option to also hide Music.

Changed: Home default style hide conditions and added ability to hide Music
Fixed: Hide Plot for Info List in Episodes
Fixed: Arrows in Custom Settings typo
Added: Matte diffuse to colours XML

Fixed: Fullsceen Video Info alignment problem
Changed: Original fonts to be default (for this version only)

I need a beer.

- TheHazel3yes - 2011-01-03

Hitcher Wrote:I've just coded in the ability to hide Music as well but I think I'll stop short of hiding Movies and TV Shows as well simply because of the amount of different condition combinations involved. Adding this alone involved nearly 100 lines of extra code.

Thank you so much! Big Grin
And: Who really wants to hide Movies or TV Shows on XBMC? Wink I think those both are safe guesses that every user should want.

- fullfatcream - 2011-01-03

Hitcher, just wanted to say thanks for all the work you do here.

- Mike8913 - 2011-01-03

Hitcher, small issue. Since the update I cannot hide the TV Shows menu. I dont use it and it was hidden poreviously but now even with the option ticked it does not stay hidden.

bug - Eoghlear - 2011-01-03

After update 2.2.2 when hovering over the weather menu button, it flies offscreen. When going forward or backwards again, it's back on it's normal position.

image imageshck

- Hitcher - 2011-01-03

Mike8913 Wrote:Hitcher, small issue. Since the update I cannot hide the TV Shows menu. I dont use it and it was hidden poreviously but now even with the option ticked it does not stay hidden.
Please read the last few pages.

- Hitcher - 2011-01-03

Eoghlear Wrote:After update 2.2.2 when hovering over the weather menu button, it flies offscreen. When going forward or backwards again, it's back on it's normal position.

image imageshck
Try restarting XBMC and if that doesn't work let me know what sections you're hiding.

- chewitt - 2011-01-03

I'm running v2.2.2 from the repo on the release version of DHARMA, and the temperature display next to time/date appears to have disappeared from my home screen. Deliberate? ..or did something bork on my end?

i've also noticed that the RSS feed editor isn't navigable. I can see the outlines of the editor and any buttons, but none of the text is visible (or it's showing as black text on a black background).

CH

- chewitt - 2011-01-04

Also, how do I go about removing the subtle pink/red blush on the theme background?. I've got fanart disabled for speed on an AppleTV which makes it more visible, and it's constantly reminding me of the colour bleed you get on a CRT screen when it's been left near unshielded speaker magnets! Big Grin

CH

- Eoghlear - 2011-01-04

Hitcher Wrote:Try restarting XBMC and if that doesn't work let me know what sections you're hiding.

Restarted and it's still there. Only hiding pictures. I forgot i was hiding it, tested again with pictures visible and the problem was gone. Did a second test and hid weather, no problem.
Hid pictures again and the problem is back.

Greetz