Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Alaska Revisited - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: Alaska (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=126)
+----- Thread: [RELEASE] Alaska Revisited (/showthread.php?tid=70302)

- Hitcher - 2011-01-09

supertom44 Wrote:Have you ever thought about adding the ability to add a playlist as a sub menu, I noticed you have favourites but not play lists.

Can't you add a playlist to your favourites and then add that to the submenu?

EDIT: Just tried it and you can.

- Hitcher - 2011-01-09

daninino Wrote:Just updated to latest 2.3.2 but still can't get it to work. Tried with a Danish Add-On (DR NU player) and with the Trailer Addict Add-On still no Poster Fixed Info.

And both of them says Video-Addons in headline.

All I get is:

Info List
Files
List
Wall Poster

NiklasK Wrote:In my video-add ons I can "only" choose from: Info List, Files, Panel Square, List and Wall Poster (running XBMC 11.0 pre SVN-35720 in OSX and Alaska Revisited 2.3.2).

On my Revo XBMC Live machines running the official release of 10.0 and Revisited 2.3.2 I can obly get Info List, Files and Wall Poster.

Any ideas how it can differ like this? I´m entering my video-add ons the same way on all machines.

Launch Video Add-ons from the submenu so it goes into Library mode not from within Videos as that'll be Files mode.

- daninino - 2011-01-09

No matter how I enter the Add-Ons I only get the four views

- supertom44 - 2011-01-09

Hitcher Wrote:Can't you add a playlist to your favourites and then add that to the submenu?

EDIT: Just tried it and you can.

You can yes but t then plays the playlist, I use smart playlists to organise my media, its no biggy, I just find it more useful.

- Hitcher - 2011-01-09

daninino Wrote:No matter how I enter the Add-Ons I only get the four views

Then the add-on isn't setting the content as movies.

- Hitcher - 2011-01-09

supertom44 Wrote:You can yes but t then plays the playlist, I use smart playlists to organise my media, its no biggy, I just find it more useful.

Does any skin do this?

- DurhamDev - 2011-01-10

Hitcher Wrote:2.3.0

Changed: All Home Icons now reside in the media folder but users can still enable their own - easier for themes

As per the menu selection, it says the custom icons should reside in 'skin folder/extras/homeicons' subdirectory. It doesn't exist, and if I create it and drop my icons into it, they still appear as blank to me.

Edit: While the 'homeicons' directory may be incorrect, I found the 'customicons' subdirectory, and noted a new naming convention for icons in the readme file. It works fine this way.

- Hitcher - 2011-01-10

Yeah, sorry about that; it's been hard work trying to keep up with all my changes (feels like I could have coded another skin in the time I've spent on Revisited lately).

- DurhamDev - 2011-01-10

Hitcher Wrote:Yeah, sorry about that; it's been hard work trying to keep up with all my changes (feels like I could have coded another skin in the time I've spent on Revisited lately).

We all appreciate it!!! Thanks again.

- supertom44 - 2011-01-10

Hitcher Wrote:Does any skin do this?

Yeh quite a few allow you to add playlists to the home screen.

I have one set up for unseen movies, dvds and blu rays.

I click the home button I set up and I get presented with videos that match the smart playlists rules.

Off the top of my head I know night/carmichael supports it, also aeon mq2, pretty sure neon does also.

- live4ever - 2011-01-10

supertom44 Wrote:Yeh quite a few allow you to add playlists to the home screen.

I have one set up for unseen movies, dvds and blu rays.

I click the home button I set up and I get presented with videos that match the smart playlists rules.

Off the top of my head I know night/carmichael supports it, also aeon mq2, pretty sure neon does also.

I know what you mean with Revisited Mod my "New TV.xsp" fav would get added as an ActivateWindow path:

But with Revisited (now my preferred skin) it gets added as a PlayMedia path:

- Hitcher - 2011-01-10

live4ever Wrote:I know what you mean with Revisited Mod my "New TV.xsp" fav would get added as an ActivateWindow path:

But with Revisited (now my preferred skin) it gets added as a PlayMedia path:

And yet the code for both is the same. Huh

I've even added some myself and some are PlayMedia while others are ActivateWindow. Oo

What I'll do is add a Playlist specific button.

- Hitcher - 2011-01-10

supertom44 Wrote:Have you ever thought about adding the ability to add a playlist as a sub menu, I noticed you have favourites but not play lists.

Tompie Wrote:Any reason why there are no custom buttons to be defined for the pictures submenu ? Since there are everywhere else, it seems a strange omission (but I might be missing something obvious).

Thanks and great work !
Both done for next update.

- oswald09 - 2011-01-10

I'm going to be an ass and bug you about this again in this thread in hopes it makes the next update. Please forgive me Smile

Quote:First off, Alaska is the tits. Thank you Hitcher for all of your hard work.

Second, love the new view types. Especially the way Fanart and Fanart Horizontal flip the tile to show you the description of the movie or TV show.

I would love to see the Poster and Poster Fixed views have similar functionality, that is the movie box art would flip over after a delay and show the description. Any chance of that happening in the future?

- ClayM - 2011-01-10

This probably isn't an Alaska problem, but I've noticed when Alaska gets updated, my skin is reset to confluence. Any idea what would cause that?

Happens on two of my machines.