Kodi Community Forum
2 XBMC PCs and 1 Database on the shared NAS - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (http://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Help and Support (/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Kodi General Help and Support (/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: Windows support (/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+---- Thread: 2 XBMC PCs and 1 Database on the shared NAS (/showthread.php?tid=70603)

- ijhammo - 2010-07-18 16:16

charrua Wrote:Yes, audio offset and subtitle delay settings are stored in the central db, in the settings table.

cool thanks - so I guess I will have to adjust for each player as I watch the media. Not ideal but the benefits of a centralised library still totally outweigh the drawbacks!

- charrua - 2010-07-18 16:27

ijhammo Wrote:cool thanks - so I guess I will have to adjust for each player as I watch the media. Not ideal but the benefits of a centralised library still totally outweigh the drawbacks!
The settings are stored in the central MySQL db, so you only have to adjust them once. All the players will access the same settings as long as they are accessing the same db.

- markus101 - 2010-07-21 03:52

Hi,

Is anyone using MySQL with local paths now? or networked drives mapped in Windows?

I'm having some issues on import, with both movies and TV Shows.

It seems my SD movies are added without an issue, but my HD ones are not, my folder structure is like this:

SD Movie: M:\Movie Name.avi
HD Movie: M:\_HD\Movie Name.mkv
TV Show: T:\Show Name\Season 01\Show Name - S01E01 - Episode Name.avi

Movies/TV Shows are not stored in a folder for each, not NFO files or any other files are saved (except maybe a few movies have subtitles saved).

The error is occurring with HD movies in the _HD Directory and TV Shows (Only One episode per season is added, which is the first episode in my checking).

The actual error I am seeing is:
18:19:25 T:6264 M:1268121600 ERROR: SQL: Undefined MySQL error: Code (1062)
Query: insert into path (idPath, strPath, strContent, strScraper) values (NULL,'M:\\_HD\\','','')

and for TV Show:
18:22:39 T:6264 M:1269243904 DEBUG: Mysql execute: insert into path (idPath, strPath, strContent, strScraper) values (NULL,'T:\\Show Name\\Season 01\\','','')
18:22:39 T:6264 M:1269243904 ERROR: SQL: Undefined MySQL error: Code (1062)

The same errors occur when importing from an Export I made, or when I scan for new content, when I scan for new content I get a single episode in only the first season, when importing I get the first episode for all seasons.

The log file is almost 6.5MB and pastebin had a fit about it, if it's need please let me know and I can truncate it to the exciting bits (or post somewhere else in full?).

Cheers,

Markus

- charrua - 2010-07-21 04:15

markus101 Wrote:Hi,
Is anyone using MySQL with local paths now? or networked drives mapped in Windows?
I'm having some issues on import, with both movies and TV Shows.
They're due to a known bug related to local paths under windows that hasn't been solved yet.

- markus101 - 2010-07-21 16:06

Thanks Charrua, I was aware of the initial issue with a single '\' when I tried this a while back. I'll keep an eye on that trac ticket though.

Cheers,

Markus

- lestat1977uk - 2010-07-21 18:13

Been using this method for ages and it's been great, even had central Thumbs and Fanart, but just starting testing the Dharma release and Latest nightlies and can't get it to work with Mysql.

Anyone else having issues getting Mysql to work with Dharma and Latest SVNs?

it just seems to ignore the Advancedsettings.xml?

- markus101 - 2010-07-22 16:29

My Dharma release automatically looked for the file in %APPDATA%\XBMC\userdata (Whereas it was previously under Program Files).

In my case this was the cause, hopefully its that simple for your as well.

-Markus

- jackthegroove - 2010-07-25 16:37

When using the central database i have the problem that most skins (except Confluence) fail to show most recently added files. (it works half/half if I let Confluence get the recentlyadded files and then switch to another skin).

Is there a way i could fix this? I reckon each skin is differently coded and i fear these ones that don't work have the database location hard-coded.

Does anybody also has this problem? (and a possible solution)

MY SET-UP:
Xbmcfreak LiveCD 10.08 svn31632 running on an Asrock 330HT linked with a Synology NAS which i use as Msql server.

- CLUE9 - 2010-07-27 02:58

jackthegroove Wrote:When using the central database i have the problem that most skins (except Confluence) fail to show most recently added files. (it works half/half if I let Confluence get the recentlyadded files and then switch to another skin).

Is there a way i could fix this? I reckon each skin is differently coded and i fear these ones that don't work have the database location hard-coded.

Does anybody also has this problem? (and a possible solution)

MY SET-UP:
Xbmcfreak LiveCD 10.08 svn31632 running on an Asrock 330HT linked with a Synology NAS which i use as Msql server.

I have the same problem with recentlyadded at my setup. I'm running XBMC PRE-10.5 r31443 with Transparency skin v.3.05

- jackthegroove - 2010-07-27 10:21

CLUE9 Wrote:I have the same problem with recentlyadded at my setup. I'm running XBMC PRE-10.5 r31443 with Transparency skin v.3.05

It apparently is a problem with calling the recentlyadded script in the home.xml file. More specifically the extra conditions:
Code:
&unplayed=True&totals=True

It's a known issue

- The_strade - 2010-07-28 20:42

Quick question for all you mysql users; are you using any supplemental tools to handle/maintain your database (like EMM, for example)? I would like to be able to clean up my database outside of XBMC (mostly via RDP from the road/work) which isnt really an option without a 3rd party manager, as far as i know.

Anyone else doing this or have ideas for doing this?

- ringgh0st - 2010-07-28 21:04

lestat1977uk Wrote:Been using this method for ages and it's been great, even had central Thumbs and Fanart, but just starting testing the Dharma release and Latest nightlies and can't get it to work with Mysql.

Anyone else having issues getting Mysql to work with Dharma and Latest SVNs?

it just seems to ignore the Advancedsettings.xml?

you have to recreate the db - means delete the old one. thats the price for dharma. when you let xbmc recreate the movie db everything goes fine.

- ringgh0st - 2010-07-28 21:05

The_strade Wrote:Quick question for all you mysql users; are you using any supplemental tools to handle/maintain your database (like EMM, for example)? I would like to be able to clean up my database outside of XBMC (mostly via RDP from the road/work) which isnt really an option without a 3rd party manager, as far as i know.

not really. sry

- The_strade - 2010-07-28 21:56

I, too, am having issues with mysql and dharma now. I deleted my mysql DBs, allowed imdb to recreate them, yet when i reassign my content and my scraper they are not saved next time i go in there, plus no data is being brought into the library. In fact, i cant even switch to library mode at all (presumably since it is empty). Checking the actual mysql tables i see my test entry has been created in the 'paths' table, but that appears to be about it.

Thoughts? Gairly new to using the mysql method here... What other builds of XBMC are people using with it that are less flaky?

- charrua - 2010-07-28 23:57

The_strade Wrote:Quick question for all you mysql users; are you using any supplemental tools to handle/maintain your database (like EMM, for example)? I would like to be able to clean up my database outside of XBMC (mostly via RDP from the road/work) which isnt really an option without a 3rd party manager, as far as i know.
You can connect to the MySQL db from outside, just open the port in your router/server and use any MySQL client (like HeidiSQL) to connect to the XBMC db.