Kodi Community Forum
Is this project still alive? Some issues and feature requests - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+---- Forum: Kodi Remote for Android Official Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=129)
+---- Thread: Is this project still alive? Some issues and feature requests (/showthread.php?tid=70995)

Is this project still alive? Some issues and feature requests - Numus - 2010-03-28

I don't know if development has stopped on this or if it moved somewhere else since 6.6 isn't mentioned but I am on a samsung moment m900 running android 1.5.
Issues:
During batch album poster download if the phone locks/sleeps it breaks the download and i have to manually close the program and reopen it.. I tried changing the keylock settings and didnt do any good...

Suggestions:
Since multiple connections are supported is there a way to save current play settings (file and position) and then select a different host and resume play of the file and move it to the stored position? That would be an awesome way to pause something playing in the livingroom (and even stop it) and then resume it in the bedroom or other location....

- the_alien - 2010-03-29

Yes this project is still alive, it just slowed down a bit since there are only 2 active devs left and we both are pretty busy in our private lives.

Posting issues and suggestions is very welcome, but I would like to point you to our issue tracker, which should be used to post this.

The issue with the batch downloading is already in there and it is being worked on. This thing needs to be redone completly...

At your suggestion: Don't really know if this is possible without a lot of hacking, but you can post it on the issue tracker and it will be discussed in the team and if accepted it will stay on the ToDo list Smile

- Jucgshu - 2010-03-29

Very good news, I was wondering myself, considering I'm planing on getting an android based phone :p

Is there a video somewhere ? Or do you plan to put it on the android market ? I'm aware this wasn't the idea since lots of things needed to be done before that.

- the_alien - 2010-03-29

The idea of putting it onto the market is there... but we wanna have a few more features and have it be more stable before putting it into the market. Have a look onto our google code page everything is listed there Smile

Why are you wondering? The last version is from beginning of march. The 0.6.3 was from decembre Wink

- Jucgshu - 2010-03-30

Ok then Smile

Still I'd like to see some live demos like videos or whatever. A little more talking about this project couln't hurt, could it? Big Grin

Anyway, keep up the good work !

- freezy - 2010-03-31

Yeah and the forum breakdown kinda killed the momentum we've had going on in the forum. Kinda sucked.

Anyways, I'm not working 2 jobs at the same time anymore, that means finally more time for Android. Market release is on top of our agenda. You'll see more going on in the next few days I suppose.

Keep the bug reports and feature suggestions coming! Numus please post your request to the issue tracker, it's a good idea and technically doable.

Cheers!

- StarChild - 2010-04-04

freezy Wrote:Yeah and the forum breakdown kinda killed the momentum we've had going on in the forum. Kinda sucked.
Maybe its also because its in 'XBMC Development' section and not in 'Supplemental Tools for XBMC' anymore. where the description for this section basically says that end-users are not welcome, just developers. Wink

- freezy - 2010-04-04

It was there before.

- StarChild - 2010-04-05

yeah, I was more thinking of the massive single thread and a hint of suggesting to move the sub forum. But I guess you have your reasons why it was put here from the beginning.

- kosm - 2010-04-07

Great to find this app. I'll install it tomorrow on a HTC Desire and give you guys some feedback.

- lewin - 2010-04-07

Hi everyone/devs

Sorry for hijacking this thread but I thought its better not to start a new thread just for this Smile

I am a student from Australia and am currently doing a Free & Open Source course at Uni. As part of the course, I am supposed to get involved in a open source project of my choice and xbmc android remote seems really interesting.

I am wondering on how I can contribute, be it fixing/reporting bugs, writing documentation or even localisation. Anything really! Would like to discuss further with a dev on the possibility of getting involved. Would the forums or the IRC channel be better for this? Thanks:-)

- freezy - 2010-04-07

Hi lewin,

Thanks for your interest, you're not the first student interested in this project. Smile The best is if you checkout the source, compile it and load it on your phone. Then play around with it and familiarize with the code. Also check out the Wiki on Google Code, there are some design-related pages.

Open issues can be found here. Relatively easily to accomplish are probably issues 88, 91, 96, 113, 114 and 134.

We're most of the time on IRC (#xbmc-android on Freenode), however we're all from Europe so we may be sleeping when you're up.

And it's probably the best if you open a new thread for any further questions.

- lewin - 2010-04-07

Thanks for the quick response freezy.

I'm already looking at the code and hopefully will begin working on those issues as soon as I have everything setup. Will open a new thread if I have any further questions & I am also already parked in the channel.

Cheers