Kodi Community Forum
ClearLOGO - Transparent TV Show Logos (Clear Logo) Concept Thread - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Meta-Data provider and Artwork Packs (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=71)
+--- Thread: ClearLOGO - Transparent TV Show Logos (Clear Logo) Concept Thread (/showthread.php?tid=71954)

- hikaricore - 2010-09-17

If a series only has one image and for whatever reason that image is deleted, it is impossible to add images for said series or request it again.
I think I brought this up in the past but I can't remember. It's not really common but it does occur. Let me know if you need examples. :p

**Edit** There are also a lot of anime series which can't be requested at all thus can't be added by non-admins.
I assume this is fallout from that jackass last week who requested 200 shows?

- Reginald - 2010-09-17

hikari, I am sure you are tired of seeing my name, sorry so many of my logos are crap. I keep trying and every once in a while I get a good one. Keep up the great work and thanks as always to Kode for the space/site/API. My media center would be a lot less sexy without logos.

- hikaricore - 2010-09-17

I've probably been pretty harsh on you but you have to understand that we have to verify dozens of images a week and only a few are good. If you check your images on multiple backgrounds and follow all the stated rules then there won't be an issue, but some of the crap people submit makes me cringe. It's not that we don't appreciate the work you folks are putting into this, but you can't simply upload shit and expect us to approve it. Smile

- Jamdez - 2010-09-25

The show Better With You (thetvdb id 166361) was called Better Together when it was announced but later the name was changed. A logo was made for that name but is there a way to request a logo for the new name of the show? Since a logo already exists it won't let me request a new one.

- hikaricore - 2010-09-25

You'll just have to wait for someone to make one or do it yourself.

- phil65 - 2010-09-27

some of the downloaded logo.pngs aren´t vertically centerred (Mythbusters, kenny vs. spenny and south park for example, all those which have a kind of banner format) which makes it nearly impossible to use them as a replacement for the Movie Title. i wanted to exchange the floor label in Aeon65 with the logo.png if it is available.
any chance to change that?

- hikaricore - 2010-09-27

They aren't supposed to be vertically centered as such they are not.
Please take a look at the ruleset if you don't understand how things work around here.

- mcborzu - 2010-09-27

They are bottom aligned so they look uniformed in a wraplist or when put on some type of shelf texture, or if someone wanted to put them in the bottom right/left of the screen. If they were vertically centered they'd wouldn't look right in those situations...Like here or here

Though with those rules they dont look 100% great when put in top left/right of screen but due to the hundred of different sizes of logos, some placements might not be great...Like here. It annoys me having that extra space on top on the logos like "southpark", "the mentalist", "white collar" but you can't win them all...

An alternate solution would be to make your own logos using 2 lines of text instead of one.
Or with shows titles that are only one word doing something like a mirrored reflection underneath to fill the space.

- mcborzu - 2010-09-27

Funny little history of where the rules came from. It came from me starting coding NOIR, like thats how I got 400x155. But since there weren't too many views he mocked up, I branched off and went my own way. While making my views and modding other skins those rules just seemed to work in most situations...

- phil65 - 2010-09-27

hikaricore Wrote:They aren't supposed to be vertically centered as such they are not.
Please take a look at the ruleset if you don't understand how things work around here.

sorry, didn´t read the first post.
but wouldn´t it be better if those images which don´t use the full height are not saved with 400x115, but with 400x60 or whatever? when we skinners use aspectratio=keep then, we´d be able to set the aligny parameter to whatever we need.
just a suggestion to make more use of those nice logos.

- mcborzu - 2010-09-27

phil65 Wrote:sorry, didn´t read the first post.
but wouldn´t it be better if those images which don´t use the full height are not saved with 400x115, but with 400x60 or whatever? when we skinners use aspectratio=keep then, we´d be able to set the aligny parameter to whatever we need.
just a suggestion to make more use of those nice logos.

Technically yes, but 2200 or so logos in, now way too tough...Plus some logos are like "white collar" are really small height wise like maybe 30px, "southpark" is maybe 70px high, etc...again you have different rules.

Maybe in a perfect world we could have fit as much of logo into 400x155 then crop of the excess, then that would allows us to use aligny to align but it was hard enough to keep people on these simple rules so that would've made it even harder...

What view in Aeon you talking about- Multiplex/Showcase floor?

Exactly.

I reject about 20 logos a week for various reasons including people not sizing things right.
If we were to add varying sizes for logos that don't fill dimensions it would be a nightmare.

- phil65 - 2010-09-27

mcborzu Wrote:Technically yes, but 2200 or so logos in, now way too tough...Plus some logos are like "white collar" are really small height wise like maybe 30px, "southpark" is maybe 70px high, etc...again you have different rules.

Maybe in a perfect world we could have fit as much of logo into 400x155 then crop of the excess, then that would allows us to use aligny to align but it was hard enough to keep people on these simple rules so that would've made it even harder...

What view in Aeon you talking about- Multiplex/Showcase floor?

yes. i want to replace the tvshow label with the logo.png at tvshow level.
btw, is auto height for grouplists available? only used auto width till now.
there´ll be much more use of these logos in Aeon65 2.0 (you can see my progress by checking out the branch font_rework on our github repository), but changing the floor label seems impossible then (only idea i have is shifting them based on the tvshow name, but that would be a very dirty fix, a lot of work and would need to get updated very often)

- mcborzu - 2010-09-27

Yes <grouplists> auto size both horizontally or vertically. Or did you mean auto sizing labels? Auto sizing labels are only width I believe... I'll check out Aeon65, I haven't checked you guys out in a month or two....