Kodi Community Forum
[Welo skin] - New Skin Mockup - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Development (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=32)
+--- Forum: Skinning (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+---- Forum: WIP Skins (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=160)
+---- Thread: [Welo skin] - New Skin Mockup (/showthread.php?tid=72109)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33

- D0nR0s4 - 2010-05-21

Ok, welo, you sir are a genius (imho).
Stay with sticked posters, they look awesome, and the lieing posters and popcorn, etc. look great, too.

- welo - 2010-05-21

Jezz_X Wrote:Clean is better but instead of sticking the posters on the wall I think keeping with the theme of http://u2430989.fsdata.se/xbmc/welo.jpg would look better and more common

Hm maybe you right. but don't you think it wood loss a lot of personality if every thing looks pretty much the same? or is it just me? Huh hm I don't know what do you all think? I just don't want it to feel life leas, if you know what i mean. but if its more common to keep it that simple maybe that's the way to go?

- Hitcher - 2010-05-21

Just go with what you personally like; you'll always get differing opinions on whatever you do.

- Jezz_X - 2010-05-21

Hitcher Wrote:Just go with what you personally like; you'll always get differing opinions on whatever you do.

indeed take people comments and opinions not gospel. You're the one making it in the end its your decision

- kurnalbert - 2010-05-21

welo Wrote:Hm maybe you right. but don't you think it wood loss a lot of personality if every thing looks pretty much the same? or is it just me? Huh hm I don't know what do you all think? I just don't want it to feel life leas, if you know what i mean. but if its more common to keep it that simple maybe that's the way to go?

I completely agree. I love the look of the posters as they are now and I personally love the extreme view so I am glad you are keeping it as an option Smile

- xbs08 - 2010-05-21

Love all especially the home screen but you gotta have eagle eyes to read the rss, date & time and weather info.
Keep in mind that most people don't sit at 50cm from there TV sets Smile

- Galactus - 2010-05-21

kurnalbert Wrote:I completely agree. I love the look of the posters as they are now and I personally love the extreme view so I am glad you are keeping it as an option Smile

Yes, continue your work sir. It is excellent IMO. Your concepts are artistic but also quite different....which is good.

- tvdb-scott - 2010-05-21

I personally think instead of the popcorn, posters, dvd, etc it should just be a large popcorn and soft drink cup. The poster hanging over the edge is what makes it look weird to me, since posters aren't flexible enough to have a perfect 90 degree bend like that. The popcorn and cup could be large enough to actually go behind the "Watch Your Movies" text and really give it some depth. It would also translate well for other media, since you would just need a single larger image for TV, music, and games.

- Broads - 2010-05-21

This Concept, keeps getting better and better. I love the home page, It looks great, sophisticated.

However I do like the amend made to the movie view

Which I think is more practical with screen real estate. If this was incorporated further into the design I feel it would benefit the majority, especially those with smaller screens.

Keep the updates coming,

- NotShorty - 2010-05-21

welo Wrote:I decided to go whit 2 styles one extreme whit a bit more details and one clean where I'm keeping it simple.

I agree with Hitcher that everyone is going to have their own opinion and in the end you have to be happy with the design.

That being said, I personally feel that your original (non-extreme) design is such a clean and professional looking concept that it could have the potential to replace Confluence as the official default skin for XBMC. The extreme view... It's always nice to see an artist experiment with new ideas, but I would personally never use it. Too much stuff to distract the end user.

Just my opinion. Please keep up the good work!
NS

- welo - 2010-05-22

thanks for all the nice feed backs and opinion's love them all. As a designer/programmer you need to consider what the ppl wants and desirer after all it's all of you that's going to use the skin to (I hope). Even if it's me at the end that decides how it all is going to look, it's not just me that's going to user it Smile

So I have bean thinking a loot about this and I think I know how I'm going whit all of this Smile I hope you all are going to like my up coming screen's and ideas I think the majority (if not all is going to like it) Wink so keep your eyes open.

- MarkTaunton - 2010-05-22

As long as you do not think that you can have time to sleep or eat, or even watch the World Cup.

Your public is waiting man Wink

- Arnaud - 2010-05-22

Simply amazing and very promising skin for XBMC !

You're a very talented skinner ! And if we are all very excited to use it, you should take all the necessary time to transform this mockup.

Keep up your excellent work, Welo !

- welo - 2010-05-22

haha thanks! well to night I am making a exception I think, I need to blow of some steam and see if I can loss some brains cells in the proses haha. But I'm planing to spend most of the day tomorrow working on the welo skin so expect to see some new screens coming up tomorrow!

Now having that said, anyone that can tell me where the hell I putt my BEER!! gaah haha. Have a nice evening all Big Grin

- wimpy - 2010-05-23

*gives welo some beer*

now keep up the great work Big Grin