Kodi Community Forum
[WIP] Fusion - a new skin for XBMC - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: Fusion Migma (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=135)
+----- Thread: [WIP] Fusion - a new skin for XBMC (/showthread.php?tid=72612)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25

- Japaja - 2010-11-10

Arcanthur Wrote:No, they all support sets, some better than others due to their design/layout. In the future I plan to address them a little more, but for now the view with the BEST support is InfoList.

Sounds great and I like that view. Too bad xbmc has only a basic support. Maybe one day we'll have an option in context menu "mark as set" and "choose set fanart". Wink

- snowdrift - 2010-11-10

I'm a bit late to the party Rofl but I have to say this is one of the nicest and cleanest looking skins I've seen for a long time - every single view looks amazing! As others have said, I very much look forward to giving it a go. Take your time though, awesomeness like this can't be rushed Cool

new viewtype - Arcanthur - 2010-11-11

Well, I decided to go ahead and create a new view. I've had in my head for a while doing a fullscreen listview. After seeing what hitcher did with welo's list view being able to turn on/off what info is shown, I decided the two would go great together and went ahead and designed and coded up the new view.

What you see is done with very little textures and most of them are 1x1px stretched out to fit my needs. So the end result is a lightning fast viewtype even with a large library.

- mortstar - 2010-11-11

This WIP looks extremely classy.

Keep up the great work!

- MindTooth - 2010-11-11

Look really sweet Big Grin Any plans of the "I" page? Some nice treat for the info popup would be awesome Wink

- mcborzu - 2010-11-11

Arcanthur Wrote:What you see is done with very little textures and most of them are 1x1px stretched out to fit my needs. So the end result is a lightning fast viewtype even with a large library.

Just a heads up if you wanted this in the Repo, images can't be lower than 4x4* otherwise they get corrupted or something when xbt'd...

*it is either 4x4 or 8x8, I'll see if I can find the email*

EDIT
yup 4x4 or above

- Arcanthur - 2010-11-11

mcborzu Wrote:Just a heads up if you wanted this in the Repo, images can't be lower than 4x4* otherwise they get corrupted or something when xbt'd...

*it is either 4x4 or 8x8, I'll see if I can find the email*

EDIT
yup 4x4 or above

Yeah, unfortunately I don't think this version of Fusion will ever get into the Repo because of the dreaded font issue.

Once I've got a 1.0 version out though if someone wants to make an "unofficial" Repo compliant version with rights-free fonts etc then be my guest, but I wont be working on that version.

The 1x1px images can easily be fixed though if someone wants to xbt it Wink

- Arcanthur - 2010-11-11

Here's another option that will be available...fullscreen list with fanart enabled.

Planning on having the visibility of the fanart customizable. ie "off" light" "medium" "heavy".

The plan is to have it so that each view can have a separate fanart transparency level so you can really get a viewtype exactly how you want.

screenshot also shows dropdown options menu.

- Arcanthur - 2010-11-11

MindTooth Wrote:Look really sweet Big Grin Any plans of the "I" page? Some nice treat for the info popup would be awesome Wink

Info page is "done" (will eventually contain media flags), includes a trailer window that doubles as a fanart box:

Unless you mean the info while the video is playing, which still needs completing.

- MindTooth - 2010-11-11

Nice work Wink Something I would really use.

Though I have one idea, add more space betweet the time and AM/PM. Maybe decrease the size of the text of AM/PM.

- `Black - 2010-11-11

Arcanthur Wrote:Here's another option that will be available...fullscreen list with fanart enabled.

Planning on having the visibility of the fanart customizable. ie "off" light" "medium" "heavy".

The plan is to have it so that each view can have a separate fanart transparency level so you can really get a viewtype exactly how you want.

[IMG ]http://i620.photobucket.com/albums/tt289/Arcanthur/Fusion/screenshot203.png [/img]

Very nice, maybe you could add something like this for the cover lovers? Big Grin There could also be an option to have the rating as numbers instead of stars to extend the title column.

- ubuntuf4n - 2010-11-11

Arcanthur Wrote:Here's another option that will be available...fullscreen list with fanart enabled.

Arcanthur Wrote:Info page is "done" (will eventually contain media flags), includes a trailer window that doubles as a fanart box:

Unless you mean the info while the video is playing, which still needs completing.

Arcanthur,

these views are absolutely fantastic.
The list view with its dimming-feature is highly welcome.
Furthermore, your eye-candy-view is very good on the eyes and easy to read.

Simply brilliant.

`Black Wrote:Very nice, maybe you could add something like this for the cover lovers? Big Grin There could also be an option to have the rating as numbers instead of stars to extend the title column.

This cover-view would be also a great addition.
2BH, it would be good to have both views (Arcanthur and your concept).
Maybe Arcanthur can implement a toggle etc..

Regards,

- `Black - 2010-11-11

ubuntuf4n Wrote:This cover-view would be also a great addition.
2BH, it would be good to have both views (Arcanthur and your concept).
Maybe Arcanthur can implement a toggle etc..

Regards,

Yes, I was thinking of an option to show / hide the cover, maybe with a nice slide in / out animation if possible.

- ppic - 2010-11-11

Arcanthur Wrote:Yeah, unfortunately I don't think this version of Fusion will ever get into the Repo because of the dreaded font issue.

Once I've got a 1.0 version out though if someone wants to make an "unofficial" Repo compliant version with rights-free fonts etc then be my guest, but I wont be working on that version.

The 1x1px images can easily be fixed though if someone wants to xbt it Wink

we can add you to XBMC-Passion repo if you want Wink

we just need a git or svn for source.

- Arcanthur - 2010-11-12

ppic Wrote:we can add you to XBMC-Passion repo if you want Wink

we just need a git or svn for source.

Yeah, that sounds good, I might just do that. I will contact you once I get things in order.

As to the large poster on the new list view, that does seem like a good idea. I will see what Hitcher and I can do with it.

Also added MPAA ratings to the list:
**after adding, makes me wish there was a way to sort by MPAA ratings Sad **