Kodi Community Forum
[WIP] Fusion - a new skin for XBMC - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: Fusion Migma (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=135)
+----- Thread: [WIP] Fusion - a new skin for XBMC (/showthread.php?tid=72612)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25

- Stranger - 2010-11-24

paul Wrote:nice work man looking cool as hell.
Just one small suggestion could you give the posters rounded edges with a glass overlay
similar to the way Aeon handles posters, then it would look perfickSmile

whyyyyyyyy

- Jaypeg - 2010-11-24

Arcanthur Wrote:After some good suggestions, Postershelf view is now really poppin' Big Grin

Added a shadow to the focus poster and made watched "badges" so they are more visible and easy to see from a distance.

*SMASH* (My jaw hit the floor)! Big Grin

That is just drop dead gorgeous!

Arcanthur Wrote:First release wont be until near Christmas, so just keep checking back and if anything changes you'll know Wink

It's gonna be a nice christmas this year!

A small request/suggestion: Could you make an option for the black/greyish watched "badges" showed by Japaja? They match the color scheme better imho.

*Goes looking for my jaw* :p

- Jaypeg - 2010-11-24

Quick question as well: The BG styles that you presented earlier, can those also overlay fanart backgrounds? And do they work in every view?

- paul - 2010-11-24

Stranger Wrote:whyyyyyyyy
Coz it would look better imo, that's whyRolleyes

- picodegiao - 2010-11-24

That is a pretty slick looking view. Christmas can't come soon enough.

Pico

- >>X<< - 2010-11-24

This skin is a work of art Smile

- Japaja - 2010-11-24

Arcanthur Wrote:After some good suggestions, Postershelf view is now really poppin' Big Grin

Added a shadow to the focus poster and made watched "badges" so they are more visible and easy to see from a distance.

Looks sexy. Big Grin

- Arcanthur - 2010-11-25

Jaypeg Wrote:Quick question as well: The BG styles that you presented earlier, can those also overlay fanart backgrounds? And do they work in every view?

The overlays will work everywhere other than home. When used with fanart on its not the best look IMO

They aren't coded in yet either, what I'm thinking is a toggle for each style, so in theory if you really wanted you could use all of them at the same time. Makes for some really interesting combinations.

Might even include the option to add 1-2 of your own...

- Arcanthur - 2010-11-28

Added a variation of the biglist view with large focus poster, per the suggestion 'Black made:

- Stranger - 2010-11-28

Arcanthur Wrote:Added a variation of the biglist view with large focus poster, per the suggestion 'Black made:

Yet another really nice addition...

Although this question has been relayed over and over in a million different ways, what are your release plans? Closed Alpha? An immediate public beta? How stable is the skin so far? will you not need a period to stomp bugs?

- Arcanthur - 2010-11-28

Stranger Wrote:Yet another really nice addition...

Although this question has been relayed over and over in a million different ways, what are your release plans? Closed Alpha? An immediate public beta? How stable is the skin so far? will you not need a period to stomp bugs?

There will be a period of about 1-2 weeks for closed beta, then once any big unnoticed bugs are squashed, I will release the skin. I'm hoping to have it out around Christmas, but that all depends on how much free time I have and how much time Hitcher has to help out.

Right now the skin is very stable, but there are still some parts not skinned. Most dialogs are now skinned though, just a few odds/ins left.

- picodegiao - 2010-11-28

I have no doubts that this skin will be awesome. I'm sure even at its stage now, it is incredibile. Keep up the great work Arcanthur/Hitcher.

Pico

- frellAn - 2010-11-28

Awesome, awesome skin! Best design I have ever seen, even beats Apple!

Anyway, I have a few things to point out, don't know if you agree with me but I would like to see this in the final realese Smile

Logos:

Are you planning to implement logos in some way? I hope you do because they make everything look even more professional.

ExtraFanart:

I have done a mod for Aeon65 where extra fanart is shown within the series (under the seasons and such). I made this because I thought it was booring to have the same picture when you have selected a series as when you are browsing them all cause there is a lot of nice images for every show and sometimes I think people would want to use more than one.

CDArt:

Spinning CDArt is always nice to make it feel less like just ones and zeros and more like you actually own something Smile

What is your thoughts about this?

- Diekund - 2010-11-29

really liking this skin. going to be keeping a close eye on it Smile congrats

beta time! - Arcanthur - 2010-11-30

OK, everyone included in the closed beta should go check your PM's Wink