Kodi Community Forum
[BETA] Shade - A new skin for XBMC - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: Shade (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=132)
+----- Thread: [BETA] Shade - A new skin for XBMC (/showthread.php?tid=73716)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16

- picodegiao - 2010-05-22

Maybe I have an old version of XPR Express or something. I tried unpacking it tonight and it said it was protected. What are you using to unpack it?

- paul - 2010-05-22

The xpr is not locked! But halfway through the extraction process it quits with an error.
I'm guessing it's to do with the number of textures / size but i may be wrong.
I too wanted to do a lighter version for the Ion pc/xbox but the only way i could do it is to extract the textures one by one(theres thousands)Eek

- igotdvds - 2010-05-22

paul Wrote:The xpr is not locked! But halfway through the extraction process it quits with an error.
I'm guessing it's to do with the number of textures / size but i may be wrong.
I too wanted to do a lighter version for the Ion pc/xbox but the only way i could do it is to extract the textures one by one(theres thousands)Eek

I'll upload a svn version after release.

- MarkTaunton - 2010-05-22

I know I am going to throw probaly a big spanner in the works, but can I ask, why music videos were not catered for with Shade?

Music videos to some people can be as big part of XBMC as movies, especially if you are throwing a party.

Will there be any plans in the future to include a navigational menu so you can go direct to music videos.

Such as happens in Xperience.

Cheers

Mark Smile

- mots - 2010-05-22

Hey, first of all: Your skin is AWESOME! Only thing i dislike is the home-page, but well...
I think i found a bug: the "add network location" dialog is broken. (at least on latest svn)

- igotdvds - 2010-05-23

MarkTaunton Wrote:I know I am going to throw probaly a big spanner in the works, but can I ask, why music videos were not catered for with Shade?

Music videos to some people can be as big part of XBMC as movies, especially if you are throwing a party.

Will there be any plans in the future to include a navigational menu so you can go direct to music videos.

Such as happens in Xperience.

Cheers

Mark Smile

This has been requested and I plan on putting some time into it after I get kinks worked out. I personally never use them so had no idea where to start.

mots Wrote:Hey, first of all: Your skin is AWESOME! Only thing i dislike is the home-page, but well...
I think i found a bug: the "add network location" dialog is broken. (at least on latest svn)

Great find, as soon as I find what xml that is, I'll fix it.

- PsyberOne - 2010-05-23

Should be DialogNewtorkSetup.xml

- igotdvds - 2010-05-23

PsyberOne Wrote:Should be DialogNewtorkSetup.xml

Got it, and fixed, thanks!

- MarkTaunton - 2010-05-23

Hopefully someone from Team Blackbolt, might be able to help you on the music videos.

Currently this is my second favourite skin, Xperience has to be my first in all fairness because it is lighter in style.

I still havent had much time to play around with the skin, so far the only bug that I have found, is when you play music, you are playing one track, you hit enter on a track that you wish to start playing but then it jumps to another track listing, and then queues the song that you want to start playing.

Also having the option to remove the movies from the main menu would be excellent, and being able to just jump to the TV shows or which ever part you want to jump directly too would be cool.

I have been looking for more clear art, as I have a few TV shows, that havent got logos, which can be a pain when you see loads of glorious logos and then a few missing ones.

Not sure if anyone has any suggestions on where to find them, or how to produce more?

- MeqTrader - 2010-05-24

Ok,

my initial feedback as a user is this (and don't take this the wrong way it's something I have been bugged with with most if not all skins).

I manage my movies and TV shows with an external editor (EMM) and everytime I start testing a new skin I find the creator has decided upon a naming schema for the images. At this stage I have for instance the following naming schema (comming from Big Alaska--> Night --> Shade testing):

folder.jpg = Poster
banner.jpg = banner format
landscape.jpg = landscape
fanart.jpg = full screen fanart
logo.png = the nice logo
clearart.png = clearart

if all skins could actually maintain 1 (simple) overall naming schema for TV/Movie images live could be so much easier for us putting all the time and effort in having our directory structure nicely maintained.

So as an enhancement request, could you add an option for the filename, I know Night has done something like this for the landscape images and I would be very happy if you could do the same for landscape/banner as well.

Also, and maybe I missed this, is there a watched overlay ? I had a hard time seeing any of it.

Rest, keep up the good work, it's an awesome versatily skin one I enjoy testing out. And please do not see my comment as a (direct) attack, just an input from 1 person hoping 1 day we can have some common ground on the eye-candy Smile

- igotdvds - 2010-05-24

MeqTrader Wrote:Ok,

my initial feedback as a user is this (and don't take this the wrong way it's something I have been bugged with with most if not all skins).

I manage my movies and TV shows with an external editor (EMM) and everytime I start testing a new skin I find the creator has decided upon a naming schema for the images. At this stage I have for instance the following naming schema (comming from Big Alaska--> Night --> Shade testing):

folder.jpg = Poster
banner.jpg = banner format
landscape.jpg = landscape
fanart.jpg = full screen fanart
logo.png = the nice logo
clearart.png = clearart

if all skins could actually maintain 1 (simple) overall naming schema for TV/Movie images live could be so much easier for us putting all the time and effort in having our directory structure nicely maintained.

So as an enhancement request, could you add an option for the filename, I know Night has done something like this for the landscape images and I would be very happy if you could do the same for landscape/banner as well.

Also, and maybe I missed this, is there a watched overlay ? I had a hard time seeing any of it.

Rest, keep up the good work, it's an awesome versatily skin one I enjoy testing out. And please do not see my comment as a (direct) attack, just an input from 1 person hoping 1 day we can have some common ground on the eye-candy Smile

Which views are causing you trouble with this naming convention. The only image I call by name is logo.png, everything else is by ListItem.Icon?

- MaDDoGo - 2010-05-24

I think the only files that is possible to call with ListItem.Icon are fanart and poster. The other files must be called with path and filename.

- igotdvds - 2010-05-26

Music Video View (this was requested)

- igotdvds - 2010-05-26

Testers: Make sure you are using the most recent version as most problems have been fixed.

Everyone Else: We are a few graphical tasks from going official. Please give all suggestions or ideas quickly so they can be assessed prior to release.

- MarkTaunton - 2010-05-26

** Update **

Ok I have found it, you need to goto videos, then into music videos. Sorry I thought that this was added as a seperate menu system.

Just a tad confused, 1.8 has music videos on the file description, but just been through the skin options, but nothing is showing for music videos?

Am I missing something?