Kodi Community Forum
Night Release Thread - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: Night (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=130)
+----- Thread: Night Release Thread (/showthread.php?tid=73814)

- zilexa - 2010-05-26

mcborzu Wrote:Logos should be named logo.png
If you dont want to overwrite your main thumb then the 'Landscape' thumbs should be named landscape.jpg

Though your file structure may cause problems see this thread starting at post #78 and continuing for another page that guy, B-Fir3, had the same multi-storage setup and it was giving him problems...

Renaming to logo.png was all I had to do.
I connect my external drive via e-sata. So it's as much as a internal local drive as my real internal drive. I use native sata so its hot pluggable.
This way my big noisy drive is completely off (since all sata drives follow Power Management) unless I play or copy from it.
All or most unwatched stuff are on a small low-noise internal drive.

Thanks for the tip now I really enjoy your skin!

- JudoSquash - 2010-05-26

Maybe I am missing something in previous posts, but where are we to install plugins now that there is no Plugins folder in the directory?? I am not finding the SVN Repo Installer either, as in previous versions. The last Version I had installed was Babylon. I would really like to install XBMCStuff.

XBMC Rev30385

- mcborzu - 2010-05-26

JudoSquash Wrote:Maybe I am missing something in previous posts, but where are we to install plugins now that there is no Plugins folder in the directory?? I am not finding the SVN Repo Installer either, as in previous versions. The last Version I had installed was Babylon. I would really like to install XBMCStuff.

XBMC Rev30385

You're in the same boat as all of us...recently added, favorites and OSDsubtitles are the only scripts/plugins working at the moment for all XBMC SVN builds.

- bertrand - 2010-05-26

Hi.

First, congratulations @ mcborzu. Night REALLY is a good looking skin, one of the most aesthetic I've been given to use.

It is now my default skin.

So please, keep up the great work, the planet is counting on you.

Now one first remark, about TV Logo handling. I have a specific library setup: I use multiple external drives, plugged on what I'll call my NAS through USB. The main source is constantly available, while other sources can be disconnected.

Some of my TV Shows span on more than one disk, usually by season. XBMC itself perfectly handles this. But it seems that Night gets confused by this setup, and usually does not see logos that are only on the main location. How is lookup for these images performed ?

- ppic - 2010-05-26

parent directory of the path of the video file.

Global Clock - fullfatcream - 2010-05-26

How do... awesome work on the skin. I'm sorry to say I am playing around with text size and thumb placement.

I'm now trying to get the time up in file view if mcborzu or someone else who knowns can point me in the right direction that would be great.

Ive made the thumb smaller so it can fit above just need to get the include in the right place I guess, but not sure where.

- mcborzu - 2010-05-26

fullfatcream Wrote:How do... awesome work on the skin. I'm sorry to say I am playing around with text size and thumb placement.

I'm now trying to get the time up in file view if mcborzu or someone else who knowns can point me in the right direction that would be great.

Ive made the thumb smaller so it can fit above just need to get the include in the right place I guess, but not sure where.

I looked into placing a global clock, but I'm not into all that breadcrumb stuff and wanted the views to be filled with only media info. I looked at where I could sneak it in but some views the top right is free, but it's only free if you dont have anything "now playing'.

Anyways lets say you want the time in files views, easiest would be copy the Global_Time include from Includes.xml below:

PHP Code:
<include name="Global_Time">
        <
control type="group">
            <
posx>1260</posx>
            <
posy>10</posy>
            <include>
Animation_BackdropFade</include>
            <
visible>!Skin.HasSetting(no_clock) + [Window.IsActive(Home) | [ControlGroup(7000).HasFocus + !Skin.HasSetting(LockViews)] | Window.IsActive(106) | Window.IsActive(29)]</visible>
                <
control type="image"
                    <
posx>-280</posx>
                    <
posy>-10</posy>   
                    <
width>357</width>     
                    <
height>318</height
                    <
texture>common/time_gradient_back.png</texture>
                    <
colordiffuse>ff15efd9</colordiffuse>
                </
control>
                <
control type="label">
                    <
width>300</width>
                    <
font>Font_Time</font>
                    <
textcolor>mainblue</textcolor>
                    <
info>System.Time(hh:mm xx)</info>
                    <
align>right</align>
                </
control>
                <
control type="label">
                    <
posy>40</posy>
                    <
width>300</width>
                    <
font>Font_Date</font>
                    <
textcolor>white</textcolor>
                    <
info>System.Date</info>
                    <
align>right</align>
                </
control>
        </
control>
    </include> 

Then delete the <visible> tag and rename Global_Time to Global_Time_Files

Then open up myvideo.xml

and put this line <include>Global_Time_Files</include> right above this line <include>Object_DebugGrid</include> which is near the bottom

- mcborzu - 2010-05-26

bertrand Wrote:Now one first remark, about TV Logo handling. I have a specific library setup: I use multiple external drives, plugged on what I'll call my NAS through USB. The main source is constantly available, while other sources can be disconnected.

Some of my TV Shows span on more than one disk, usually by season. XBMC itself perfectly handles this. But it seems that Night gets confused by this setup, and usually does not see logos that are only on the main location. How is lookup for these images performed ?

Maybe pm zilexa, who posted a couple posts above you and in the Logo thread that he was able use logos on a multi-source setup. When I first heard about the multi-source problem I didn't think there was away around it. In the end there is only so much you can do with "skin hacks" such as logos until if or when they are supported...

- Waffa - 2010-05-26

<info>ListItem.path,,logo.png</info>

Is the way xbmc to cache the logo.

It will be saved to userdata/thumbnails.
and in userdata/Database/textures.db

And it will use that one, if you put a new image in your folder you'll need to delete the one in userdata Wink

Btw this is the way in newer builds.

- mcborzu - 2010-05-26

Waffa Wrote:<info>ListItem.path,,logo.png</info>

Is the way xbmc to cache the logo.

It will be saved to userdata/thumbnails.
and in userdata/Database/textures.db

And it will use that one, if you put a new image in your folder you'll need to delete the one in userdata Wink

Btw this is the way in newer builds.

I noticed this behavior, I was testing the alignment/look of the fallback label and I used to be able to remove logo.png and the label would show but now even with it gone it still shows...

*same with extrathumbs too

- Waffa - 2010-05-26

Same here, testing alignment and changed some logo's and the old one kept showing Eek
Hah saw it thumbs so deleted that one huh my code doesn't work anymore Confused.... you see the picture Rolleyes

- fullfatcream - 2010-05-27

*edit* mcborzu you know your onions....

http://img198.imageshack.us/i/screenshot20100526at233.png/

this did get rid of the clock on the home screen so changed the Global_Time in Home.xml to Global_Time_Files

Does that sound about right? either way I have it working

I now have the start of what I wanted. just change a few x and y and get the rating and the year under the thumb and I will be on my way.

thanks again Waffa

- mcborzu - 2010-05-27

Update 5/26/2010
-Added blue box to 'add source' dialogs for easier navigation
-Fixed issue where no image shows up on weather screen if no backdrops selected
-Changed up look of settings section
-Updated the view options for addons section
-added trailer option to view "16x9"

**Both git and regular download up to date

- themugger - 2010-05-27

Hi, im using 30362 and im having problems adding the custom home menu items. when i try to select favourite all i get is a blank box pop up? i have obviusoly created a few favs but nothing is displayed here.

I thought this was a problem with pre merge release but i am using a fairly stable merge version....

thanks

- Graphicsgod - 2010-05-27

For those that have a LARGE library of "Weird Al" and need CD art and images, here you go! Just download and copy into your music directory. I spent the day cleaning up and find the artwork for each CD. As for the CD's themselves, I could only find one on XBMC Stuff, so I had to bust out my old CD's and scan each one. Sadly I cannot find my Straight Out of Lynnwood CD Sad... So if anyone has a scan of this, please upload it!! Hopefully I will find it soon. Knowing my luck the thieves stole this CD.. Anyway enjoy!!

http://www.mediafire.com/file/tqmtiyymwkn/Weird Al Yankovic_Music Folder_Images.rar

Let Me know if there are any problems getting the file. Hopefully this will help Weird Al fans out there.

Also is there any way to get the web owner of XBMC Stuff informed to upload my CD scans to his site?!?

And if anyone wants to share CD art for alternative and rock music, please do!! Took me ALL day just for this folder Sad..

Peace!!