Kodi Community Forum
Night Release Thread - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: Night (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=130)
+----- Thread: Night Release Thread (/showthread.php?tid=73814)

- FoxRiver - 2010-05-28

Hey guys, I tried putting the Night folder into Programfiles/xbmc/skins and when going into XBMC, I try and change to the night skin, but it is not bold like the others and doesn't let me change. I am new to XBMC so could you please help.

- mcborzu - 2010-05-28

bertrand Wrote:Thanks for the reply, I will Smile

Another remark: in the french translation, the horizontal shutdown menu ('s') items are overlapping. Any idea about that for the future ?

I want to change the font size and positioning for horizontal home menu, just wanted to let it sit for a couple days. I'll probably get it today...

- zilexa - 2010-05-28

mcborzu Wrote:Just have to wait...only recently added, favorites, OSDsubtitles work

THIS post Jezz_X explained there close on creating the XBMC version of the repo plugin

Actually RecentlyAdded also doesn't work, giving error a minute or so after starting up XBMC.

- themugger - 2010-05-28

themugger Wrote:LOL, no i didnt!!! ill give this ago tonight. thx

Okay installed favourites script and when i go into favourites on the home screen i can see all my favourites and they all work but when i try to set them up in the skin settings i get nothing stillHuh

Thanks

- christoofar - 2010-05-29

zilexa Wrote:Actually RecentlyAdded also doesn't work, giving error a minute or so after starting up XBMC.

zi

Are you by chance using one of sebs DSplayer builds?
Am having same thing using latest DSplayer.

- SiNJiN - 2010-05-29

mcborzu Wrote:How would you say is the desired behavior should be?

1. If using Visualization keep as is with a skin setting to toggle info on/off
2. Always leave nothing?
3. Show for 10 seconds then show nothing...

I personally don't use it I'll go with whatever you or anyone else who likes Visualization says should be best...

#1 & #3 Show when a new track starts playing and then go away after 10 seconds, but allow a toggle to display the info on/off.

- mcborzu - 2010-05-29

SiNJiN Wrote:#1 & #3 Show when a new track starts playing and then go away after 10 seconds, but allow a toggle to display the info on/off.

Alrighty put on my todo list, thx..

- christoofar - 2010-05-29

SiNJiN Wrote:#1 & #3 Show when a new track starts playing and then go away after 10 seconds, but allow a toggle to display the info on/off.

Seconded. Would be nice to have option to turn info on or off after 10 seconds during viz when desired.

- mcborzu - 2010-05-29

Update 5/28/2010
-added disable/re-enable plot for Fanart and 3d Landscape
-Change Music info to fade after 10 seconds when using Visualization
-added option for custom music or photos during fullscreen music playback

**both git and main download up to date

Couple notes on new Music Fullscreen Playback options:
1. Those sub options will only show if "Use Fanart instead of Visualization" is checked
2. They will also only show if you have set custom backdrops for music or photos on Home

- fonzie - 2010-05-29

I love this skin.

I also like the plot for Fanart and 3D Landscape view. I have a suggestion for that. I feel that sometimes the plot takes a while to show up and I'd like a button to make it appear. In 3D Landscape the bottom arrow does nothing, so I was thinking that it could serve that function. If the impatient people (me, maybe others) don't want to wait 2 seconds for the plot to fade in, they can just press down and it will appear. Similarly, they can also press down to make the plot disappear.

- Zoso161 - 2010-05-29

I am a huge fan of this skin. It's been my default since the day you released it. I know you aren't very keen on banners, but is there any way to include a "3D Banner" style view in TV shows? I use the 3D styles for everything else. Just a request. Thanks for all of your hard work.

- Graphicsgod - 2010-05-29

Ok Maybe I'm doing something wrong.. Maybe I'm missing something.. I dunno. But I need someones help on TV shows!! Please!!

If I'm in the "VIDEOS" section, everything is fine. All the artwork shows fine and the shows show up. Well most of the artwork shows up as it is supposed to lol. Family Guy and Drawn Together, the artwork doesn't show up as they are supposed to. For some odd reason the seasons artwork keeps defaulting to artwork off the net. But the other shows are fine.

As you can see here.

And then if I go into "TV Shows" I get this.

continued...

- Graphicsgod - 2010-05-29

And if you open the TV directory folder this is what it looks like on my external USB HD. Ignore the different named directories.. I don't have any videos in there yet (ie. Seasons 12-14), so I didn't bother to fix them.

What am I doing wrong?!?

Thanks for any help...

- mcborzu - 2010-05-29

fonzie Wrote:I love this skin.

I also like the plot for Fanart and 3D Landscape view. I have a suggestion for that. I feel that sometimes the plot takes a while to show up and I'd like a button to make it appear. In 3D Landscape the bottom arrow does nothing, so I was thinking that it could serve that function. If the impatient people (me, maybe others) don't want to wait 2 seconds for the plot to fade in, they can just press down and it will appear. Similarly, they can also press down to make the plot disappear.

Pretty good idea...I am like you, in those views I don't always like the plot obscuring the picture. Though when I want the plot I'm impatient and want it to show right away. With one navigation (up or down) being a duplicate, probably be good to have one of those be for plot...

Zoso161 Wrote:I am a huge fan of this skin. It's been my default since the day you released it. I know you aren't very keen on banners, but is there any way to include a "3D Banner" style view in TV shows? I use the 3D styles for everything else. Just a request. Thanks for all of your hard work.

Yea I'm not keen on banners, but thats not a bad idea and it would tie into the look of the skin while giving banner guys one more option...

- -fluff- - 2010-05-29

Great skin, xcept i have a small problem.

I have a lot shows that are around 20 episodes and a few with over 200. I can see and play them fine in the videos tab, but when i go into the TV Shows i only get to see the shows with over 200 episodes.

When i change the status to Shown instead of Hidden i get to see the names but no episodes in the folders. (xcept in the 200+ episode folders, those work fine)

Hope someone can help me with this.

PS: sorry for the terrible english...