Kodi Community Forum
Night Release Thread - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: Night (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=130)
+----- Thread: Night Release Thread (/showthread.php?tid=73814)

- psike - 2010-05-29

mcborzu Wrote:Update 5/27/2010
-added Favorites to Home, and all options to disable/set backdrops

Favorites don't shows up with horizontal menu.

- Graphicsgod - 2010-05-29

-fluff- Wrote:Great skin, xcept i have a small problem.

I have a lot shows that are around 20 episodes and a few with over 200. I can see and play them fine in the videos tab, but when i go into the TV Shows i only get to see the shows with over 200 episodes.

When i change the status to Shown instead of Hidden i get to see the names but no episodes in the folders. (xcept in the 200+ episode folders, those work fine)

Hope someone can help me with this.

PS: sorry for the terrible english...

Thank you! So I'm not the only one that can't get this right lol!

- Kallaide - 2010-05-29

Graphicsgod Wrote:Thank you! So I'm not the only one that can't get this right lol!

Have you guys tried using Ember Media Manager to organize and get everything for your TV Shows? If not, try it out. Then remove the TV Shows Source and then re-add it.

You may have inadvertently stopped XBMC from loading all your stuff the first time or you may have incomplete data for your TV Shows.

Either way, Ember Media Manager could save you hours of time with all your stuff.

- mcborzu - 2010-05-30

Update 5/29/2010
-Play Disc now shows between Videos and Movies on Home
-Added submenu Eject Disc/Tray under Play Disc
-Added submenu logoff under Settings
-In Fanart plot now triggered by pressing down

*New Submenu items not on Horizontal yet, plan to finish my tweaks to Horizontal Home next couple of days

**Both git and main download up to date

psike Wrote:Favorites don't shows up with horizontal menu.
You said this before but I finally noticed you said horizontal...got it now, thx

- pmootrey - 2010-05-30

Anyone know a way to change the Movies recentlyadded to look move like the TV recently added?

- psike - 2010-05-30

I really like the new option for fanart plot it's look great on episodes view but on shows view it's kinda bad having this box with nothing to frame it.

Mute sign is overlapping clock on home screen, probably overlapping more screens as it's set to upper right.

- mcborzu - 2010-05-30

psike Wrote:I really like the new option for fanart plot it's look great on episodes view but on shows view it's kinda bad having this box with nothing to frame it.

Mute sign is overlapping clock on home screen, probably overlapping more screens as it's set to upper right.

You meant TV and Season level, Episode level should be good...totally forgot about the other levels

- mcborzu - 2010-05-30

Graphicsgod Wrote:Ok Maybe I'm doing something wrong.. Maybe I'm missing something.. I dunno. But I need someones help on TV shows!! Please!!

If I'm in the "VIDEOS" section, everything is fine. All the artwork shows fine and the shows show up. Well most of the artwork shows up as it is supposed to lol. Family Guy and Drawn Together, the artwork doesn't show up as they are supposed to. For some odd reason the seasons artwork keeps defaulting to artwork off the net. But the other shows are fine.

This is what the TV structure should look like:

Two things I noticed:
1. Did you want to use clearART up top? They should be logos

2. Seems like the main image is a season thumb...That image should be folder.jpg and folder.jpg is the shows main thumb

That squished image should be season01.tbn. You can use one of ppic's scripts to do it for you or manually get landscape thumbs from xbmcstuff.com

- Graphicsgod - 2010-05-30

mcborzu Wrote:This is what the TV structure should look like:

Two things I noticed:
1. Did you want to use clearART up top? They should be logos

2. Seems like the main image is a season thumb...That image should be folder.jpg and folder.jpg is the shows main thumb

That squished image should be season01.tbn. You can use one of ppic's scripts to do it for you or manually get landscape thumbs from xbmcstuff.com

Thanks for the tip, but I have my file structure exactly like that. The only thing missing was an info file. I tried the program and I have all my movies and ΤV setup in the program is it should be. Although it made a bit of a mess in my folders and I had to clean up some of the images manually. But when I load up XBMC I still get the same results. I try to refresh the directory, but it seems to take all day scanning Sad.

As for the "folder" images, it's grabbing those damn things off the net Sad. Not from my folders. Why I have no idea. If I manually change them, it still defaults to the ones off the net. But this only happens in the "TV SHOW" view. In the view "VIDEOS" section mostly it looks ok. As you can see from my pictures I posted.

I'm still waiting for it to finish scanning my media Sad... Will update when it finishes...

- Graphicsgod - 2010-05-30

Oh and for the one that says "Season 8" image, that one is labelled "season 8.jpg" and "season 8.tbn", and it is in my folder. But it still shows up instead of the one labelled "folder.jpg" and "folder.tbn". If I change it (by hitting "C" and then going to refresh and manually changing it), then under "VIDEOS" all seasons have the "folder.jpg" image instead of the image belonging to their season. If that makes sense. It's enough to drive a normal man insane Wink!

- Kallaide - 2010-05-31

Graphicsgod Wrote:Oh and for the one that says "Season 8" image, that one is labelled "season 8.jpg" and "season 8.tbn", and it is in my folder. But it still shows up instead of the one labelled "folder.jpg" and "folder.tbn". If I change it (by hitting "C" and then going to refresh and manually changing it), then under "VIDEOS" all seasons have the "folder.jpg" image instead of the image belonging to their season. If that makes sense. It's enough to drive a normal man insane ;)!

Your problem is that you're trying to use a Season Thumb for a Landscape image. This is NOT possible or it is but you end up stretching the damn thing. You either have to use the Poster View for Seasons as seen below from my setup:

OR, you can try removing the Season thumbs from your folders and download a landscape image for each Season. These will then need to be RENAMED to Landscape.jpg and placed in the Seasons folders. (Untested on my end, but it should work.) If not then you'll either have to use the Poster View for Seasons or live with the crappy look of stretched images in Landscape.

Here's my setup from TV Shows to Episodes:

Image Image Image

- Wouser - 2010-05-31

In that pretty nice music fullscreen playback, how do i get the spinning cd as shown in your video from Youtube?

I already have the cdart.png in the folder.

- mcborzu - 2010-06-01

Wouser Wrote:In that pretty nice music fullscreen playback, how do i get the spinning cd as shown in your video from Youtube?

I already have the cdart.png in the folder.

You have to be above 27711 and if the cdart in the album folder where your .mp3's reside the skin will automatically adjust to them.

From home press right on settings and click "System Info" it'll tell you what build you are on...

- mcborzu - 2010-06-01

Update 5/31/2010
-Started fixing some of my strings, now the library views should translate a little better
-Changed up the behavior of Recently added, and now has fanart support...Thx psike/Ronie
-Believe I fixed problem of the TV view "Fanart" being disabled by default
-Now home menu items "Scripts, Programs, Favourites" are disabled by default until enabled
-Horizontal Home now has all submenus, and lowered font size a little
-Added Global clock option. Setings->Skin->General Options*

*Will add global clock to music tomorrow
*Pre-merge versions do not have fanart for Recently added

**Both git and main download up to date

- ValiantXI - 2010-06-01

mcborzu,

I know I mentioned something about this before, about getting a DTS-MA logo to work in your skin, and I know someone posted something about copying and pasting some information, but upon doing everything that I thought was right, I still cannot for the life of me get a DTS-MA logo to appear with the rest of the media info. I was wondering if you knew how to do this, if you could incorparate this into your skin, the logo I used was from the file directory of Ember Media Manager (they use the exact same icons that you already use in your skin), or at least incorpate it into the xml and i can worry about the icon on my own. I would just really like to have that logo because a lot of my movies are dtsma. Thanks for your time in considering this matter.