Kodi Community Forum
Night Release Thread - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: Night (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=130)
+----- Thread: Night Release Thread (/showthread.php?tid=73814)

- hikaricore - 2010-06-17

AnalogKid Wrote:Bit harsh that! Not all linux end users are linux people. Esp as many are installing Ubunto (or similar) purely to deploy XBMC on top.

That said, there's a little bit of logic he could have employed i.e. "Ok, it's clear there are 100s of linux users on here, and nobody else seems to have moaned about the dots.... could it be me?" ;-)

With his whole "stop this nonsense" rant I didn't feel he deserved compassion. :p

- zilexa - 2010-06-18

mcborzu Wrote:1. Mostly just check 'use the option', Settings->Skin->Home Window Options. Then pick the folder like you do for other backdrops. Make sure your pack is named correctly. Read post 4 in this thread

2. Didn't know it's now part of XBMC, I'll check into that

3. Just downloaded a fresh copy - HERE. Everything fine on my end

Well thats just my point, I already checked both:
Settings>Skin>Home Window Options: Show Weather Widget
Settings>Skin>Home Window Options: Use condition based weather fanart

But there is nowhere where I can set the path. I read post 4:
"go to Weather, then click left for context menu, go to Misc Options..."

When I click left I get 3 options: Select location, Weather: Refresh and Settings: Weather. In the Weather settings I can only set the 3 locations and I see "weather (standard)" when I click that nothing happens.

So there is no way for me to set a location to the fanart anywhere...

And for RecentlyAdded, I downloaded the zip you linked to, extracted default.py and I replaced the file XBMC\addons\skin.night\scripts\RecentlyAdded.py with this new file (so I renamed default.py). Same result as in my screenshot.
When I click RecentlyAdded in TV Shows or Movies I do get a view where it shows recently added stuff. Just the home menu shows blank frames and lines.

- mcborzu - 2010-06-18

No post #4 was explaining:
Quote:the 00 / 09 folders from the rar archive should be renamed to 0 / 9

I just said that because some packs floating the forums are named incorrectly...I'm going to upload the pack I'm using and leave a link later...

You set weather fanart like any other backdrop: Settings->Skin->Background Customizer...Then check the "Use condition based weather fanart" option

- zilexa - 2010-06-18

WOW ok thanks a lot for explaining, I always skipped background customizer!
Looks very nice Smile
His new pack contains 274MB of images, the naming is correct, no 00-09 folders.
All I am missing now are the nice weather icons per day showing my sunny/clouds/rain etc. Might be a xbmc issue because I had them in previous version (now on rev31004).

- Hudson_Hawk04 - 2010-06-18

thanks for the heads up regarding the shares

- costa - 2010-06-18

No runtime in movies files view !!! it is annoying to check each movie runtime by info !! Please add it mate .. I feel like I'm checking movie pix in that view !!! and not getting any info from it !?!?!

One big request :

Can you add the "path" for each movie in the information page of a movie? it is available in most skins and it is useful.

Thanks mate

- WhyS - 2010-06-18

costa Wrote:No runtime in movies files view !!! it is annoying to check each movie runtime by info !! Please add it mate .. I feel like I'm checking movie pix in that view !!! and not getting any info from it !?!?!

One big request :

Can you add the "path" for each movie in the information page of a movie? it is available in most skins and it is useful.

Thanks mate

Try wallpanel.

- costa - 2010-06-18

another note ..

I think it will better to remove the "Question mark" in all view that use Fanart for movies .. it looks funny to see a big "?" !

cheers

- mcborzu - 2010-06-18

costa Wrote:No runtime in movies files view !!! it is annoying to check each movie runtime by info !! Please add it mate .. I feel like I'm checking movie pix in that view !!! and not getting any info from it !?!?!

One big request :

Thanks mate

1. I plan on cutting the umbilical cord on the premerge versions this weekend so I can add stuff like that

2. Sure

- buzz_kill - 2010-06-19

I am totally loving this skin right now

- mcborzu - 2010-06-19

Update 6/18/2010
-Changed up Wall View
-Redid Genres for File View
-Added current time/finish time to Video playback info screen
-Added ondown to activate plot in 3dLandscape
-Added Fanart option to 3dLandscape and some other touchups to that view
-Forgot to add watched overlay Landpanel, now added
-Minor touchup to the music "Shelf" view

**both git and main download up to date

This thread has pictures and a video of the updated Wall, or just try itLaugh

- jorno - 2010-06-19

Thanks for this great skin! I have tried others, but this I really love (and my GF approved!). :-) I have only been a XBMC-user for about two weeks now, and have used your skin since day three.

But after fetching the updates from your git today, I was unable to browse the main menu using the remote... So I had to edit ~/.xbmc/userdata/guisettings.xml , and change back to skin "aeon", to be able to use the main menu.
After I got XBMC up again with Aeon, everything worked fine... I went to Settings, and changed the skin to "skin.night" again, and the remote worked inside the settings menu. But not in the main menu.

Is this a bug with your latest changes? Or is this a bug with my setup somewhere? :-) Anyone else experiencing this?

Thanks again for a GREAT skin!

// jorno

BTW: If using any of the "other" buttons on my remote, like Red, Blue or anything, I get to enter Pictures, Movies and such, and the remote works perfect. So it's only the direction buttons like up, down, right which doesn't work in the main menu.

- mcborzu - 2010-06-19

Someone mentioned this in the Wall thread but then others have downloaded and it seems fine for them. I just put a fresh copy and everything was fine for me - I'm on 31200 Windows 7. I havent really touch my Home menu in a while, too...

If anyone that has this have a debug log that would help...

- bertrand - 2010-06-19

I have had a small issue with the latest GIT rev, and had to revert a few versions back. The interface wasn't answering at all, and the logs contained errors like this one:

"ERROR: Control 8999 in window 10000 has been asked to focus, but it can't..."

Hope it helps at least a bit (P.S. Stable live on ubuntu)

- oliver_27 - 2010-06-19

mcborzu Wrote:Someone mentioned this in the Wall thread but then others have downloaded and it seems fine for them. I just put a fresh copy and everything was fine for me - I'm on 31200 Windows 7. I havent really touch my Home menu in a while, too...

If anyone that has this have a debug log that would help...

Hello,

Yes, I have the same issue, I downloaded your fresh copy and it's the same, I have two PC, it works fine on my main PC, but not on my HTPC (the same are with Win 7 64).

I cannot navigate with the keyboard on the main menu on my HTPC, if I take the mouse and move it for scrolling in the menu, then it works with the keyboard too, but If I go in tv shows or movies and come back after in the main menu, it's the same again, it don't work with the keyboard.

In all other menus, settings, weather, movies, tv shows, music,... it works well. Weird.

I hope you will find what's wrong.