Kodi Community Forum
Night Release Thread - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: Night (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=130)
+----- Thread: Night Release Thread (/showthread.php?tid=73814)

Home Screen Shortcuts - Kallaide - 2010-05-15

How do I setup shortcuts on Home Screen?

Edit: I have these already setup as Favorites. I know in a few of my other Skins I can have these set to the Home Screen, (Aeon Phil65 for one)

The two I want to create are:

Comics - This is just a shortcut to a folder within my Pictures
Trailers - Shortcut to Apple Movie Trailers Lite

- mcborzu - 2010-05-15

Kallaide Wrote:How do I setup shortcuts on Home Screen?

Edit: I have these already setup as Favorites. I know in a few of my other Skins I can have these set to the Home Screen, (Aeon Phil65 for one)

The two I want to create are:

Comics - This is just a shortcut to a folder within my Pictures
Trailers - Shortcut to Apple Movie Trailers Lite

I'd love to figure out how Aeon does it but digging thru Aeon code is tough...

Atleast I can add some type of option like T! uses for custom submenu's. In the meantime I'll atleast write a post how to manually add them through code. Since the home menu is simple text it wouldn't be hard.

- Kallaide - 2010-05-15

I found it! I managed to start playing around with the Home.XML file and found the section for Menu Items. I've added my Comics Section, (Now I just need to find a way to show them better...lol)

Thanks!

- mcborzu - 2010-05-15

Update 5/13/2010 - on git for now
-Log-in screen 90% done, definitely usable now, just needs a little more touchup
-fixed some settings issues
-back to being compatible for merge atleast 30128

I going to create another thread for merge version, recently added works but I commented out the merge code...stuff like that.

If anyone is curious I hope to follow Ronie's example of how he handles T!..I want to keep evolving the skin, keep improving, trying new things. Though for the moment time will be on polishing up the little things.

Adding a Favorite or Addon to the Home Screen - Kallaide - 2010-05-15

So I managed to add my Comics to the Home Screen with the Home.XML

However I am still having issues with trying to figure out a way to get the Apple Movie Trailers Lite to the Home Screen. I have it set as a Favorite right now if that helps me at all...lol

- Kallaide - 2010-05-15

And..... I found it!....lol

It's in the Userdata Favorites.XML file

YEAAAA

I just copied the link in there into a new insert for the Home Screen and I was good to go.

- NickMc53 - 2010-05-15

Mind posting the code you used to get AMT on the Home Screen, Kallaide?

I wasn't a fan of the big X marking a movie as watched, so I made this marker if anyone else wants to use it.

Just replace the image in C:\Program Files (x86)\XBMC\skin\Night\media\dialogs\movies.

Now to figure out what to do with the TV marker... I have a feeling this one involves coding.

3d landscape - Nychee - 2010-05-15

Which Viewtype xml do I need to open to edit the 3d landscape view? Thanks.

- innyinskip - 2010-05-15

Hey, first of all GREAT skin.
Im using it on xbox rev30130.
Having a bit of problem with music though. When i select music from menu it wont let me then go into album or anything like that. Its as if its crashed, but when pressing the remote i can hear the navigation sounds. it also lets me go back to the main menu.
Any ideas?

- t2ffn - 2010-05-15

Great skin.

I'm not too thrilled I need to download all new widescreen thumbs manually from xbmcstuff, but I'll do a few shows and see how I like them.

Is clear-art used in this skin? If yes, (I think I saw it for TV shows live pause) how do I apply it?

I can download them from XBMCstuff, but then what, just save them as clearart.png in the tv show root?

Thanks

- Broads - 2010-05-15

Another Quote of congratulations on this release, its a very polished skin, that has some great views. Only thing missing for me is a profile logon page, and the ability to log off rather than shut down. I would also agree that a view as below for files Music would be grand I can never find what I am looking for in music library.

Great work and keep it up.

Regards

Ps. Just updated from git to try profile page, but notice that debbuging info is on for current xml. Any ideas on how to turn off, since the debug flag doesnt do this.

Thanks

monsieurpaulu Wrote:hello ,

I like this skin very much . Nod

but have one question:
Is it possible to get music wallview in file mode,
because my music collection is a mess when i use it in lib. mode.

THANKS for the already nice skin

- GrinRoth - 2010-05-15

Found one little bug...
When Music is playing and thus the 'Now Playing' thingie is active then fanart is missing in banner-view for TV-Shows.
When I stop the music, fanart is back again.

Other then that, Awesome skin!

- handsomepete - 2010-05-15

the new profile login screen is great thanks mcborzu

One thing is that there is no numerical keypad so I cant login.

- mcborzu - 2010-05-15

t2ffn Wrote:Great skin.

I'm not too thrilled I need to download all new widescreen thumbs manually from xbmcstuff, but I'll do a few shows and see how I like them.

Is clear-art used in this skin? If yes, (I think I saw it for TV shows live pause) how do I apply it?

I can download them from XBMCstuff, but then what, just save them as clearart.png in the tv show root?

Thanks

You can use posters or banners just set the option in skin settings...

All type of "skin-hacks" like cdART, clearART, logos are supported. If you have them in the correct location the skin will automatically adjust detect and adjust to them.

innyinskip Wrote:Hey, first of all GREAT skin.
Im using it on xbox rev30130.
Having a bit of problem with music though. When i select music from menu it wont let me then go into album or anything like that. Its as if its crashed, but when pressing the remote i can hear the navigation sounds. it also lets me go back to the main menu.
Any ideas?

I personally don't listen to music, so never bothered to check on xbox. I'll see if it happens for me too...

Broads Wrote:Ps. Just updated from git to try profile page, but notice that debbuging info is on for current xml. Any ideas on how to turn off, since the debug flag doesnt do this.

Sorry, I always forget to turn that off...it is addons.xml set debugging to false or I just updated git with that off...

GrinRoth Wrote:Found one little bug...
When Music is playing and thus the 'Now Playing' thingie is active then fanart is missing in banner-view for TV-Shows.
When I stop the music, fanart is back again.

Other then that, Awesome skin!

Just fixed on git right now...

jabba200 Wrote:the new profile login screen is great thanks mcborzu

One thing is that there is no numerical keypad so I cant login.

I don't really use profiles so I might have missed something. I thought it was good to go. Care to show me a screenshot in Confluence of what it looks like and how to bring it up?

- t2ffn - 2010-05-15

Thanks for the info.

I've added clearart.png to the TV show root, and into the season folders, but when I pause, I get the a framegrab from the episode, not the clearart.

I'm using camelot, I tried 29717 last night but it crashes before it starts so have stayed with camelot.