Kodi Community Forum
Night Release Thread - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: Night (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=130)
+----- Thread: Night Release Thread (/showthread.php?tid=73814)

- mobious - 2010-07-26

zwat Wrote:@mobious can't u just install regular ubuntu? i did that on a friends asrock.
I don't know, I barley know any linux so I have no idea where to start, things like audio out of optical and hardware acceleration, would I have to do extra stuff to get it to work? Also doesn't it technically loose a little bit of performance cause its running it ontop of a full OS rather than just a bare bone one like Live?

mcborzu Wrote:Studio and IMDB flags
Not a big fan myself. To me they're not that important, not once I have chosen a movie based on either of those. To me time is most important because if I know I can only stay awake for like 90 or so minutes that helps me not choose any "Lord of the Rings' type epic movies. And I like year so I know how current a movie is...Thats my thought process atleast.

Maybe I'll put up a modded flags file like zwat suggested but don't know if I'll officially include it....
Sounds good enough for me man, maybe you can also mod IMDB ratings aswell, just a request, either way I love your skin man you did an awesome job!

- Reginald - 2010-07-26

blacklist Wrote:Thanks so much! Are you keeping this updates with the latest git version??

I will try to keep on top of this until mcborzu supplies the "official" add-on. I did a bit of testing and this add-on should work, please let me know if it does not.

Thanks,
Reg

- variax - 2010-07-26

variax Wrote:Looks like Transparency has a way of showing a larger non full screen trailer. Sure he is doing it totally different but it is cool to have it a little larger. Night is an AWESOME skin either way. Thanks for all the effort!!

Whoops sorry didn't see the wall view line - I was referring to other views having a larger trailer. On wall that would be tough.

- zwat - 2010-07-26

i meant u should put em with rest of the flags (aspectratio, source, etc). i agree with u that it's not that important, but since someone have taken their time to make these flags and u have included them in ur skin folder, i don't see why not.

i played with the thought of making it easier making custom views. tried to rename a few views and include them in the include files, but with no luck. do you have any idea if it is possible to add custom views to ur skin?

- Mar16 - 2010-07-26

For the studios it is best to put it with the media flags since it would blend in with them. For the IMDB rating, the star rating isn't too bad underneath the year.

- pletopia - 2010-07-26

mobious Wrote:I don't know, I barley know any linux so I have no idea where to start, things like audio out of optical and hardware acceleration, would I have to do extra stuff to get it to work? Also doesn't it technically loose a little bit of performance cause its running it ontop of a full OS rather than just a bare bone one like Live?

Sounds good enough for me man, maybe you can also mod IMDB ratings aswell, just a request, either way I love your skin man you did an awesome job!

what i do is .. install a minimal ubuntu (karmic still, haven't played around with lucid yet and also the script i use doesn't support lucid either) .. and then use the XCI script (look at the linux forum on here .. thread is called something minimal install script) .. it install xbmc for you and then setups the audio and other things you need .. this is as tiny of an install as you can get

- pletopia - 2010-07-26

Mar16 Wrote:For the studios it is best to put it with the media flags since it would blend in with them. For the IMDB rating, the star rating isn't too bad underneath the year.

not shabby .. personally don't use that view .. but it might look good for wall and poster views which i use

also, i do a slightly different flag setup then mcborzu's default .. i edited my flagging xml file to take out the codec (really don't care what it is encoded in, res is all i look at) and tweaked the source flag section to also include tv, and changed dvd to not look for "dvd" but rather "dvdrip" since hddvd was triggering both hddvd and dvd .. furthermore .. i changed mine to look at path and filename since not all my filenames include source in them while all the dirnames do

- Mar16 - 2010-07-26

pletopia Wrote:not shabby .. personally don't use that view .. but it might look good for wall and poster views which i use

also, i do a slightly different flag setup then mcborzu's default .. i edited my flagging xml file to take out the codec (really don't care what it is encoded in, res is all i look at) and tweaked the source flag section to also include tv, and changed dvd to not look for "dvd" but rather "dvdrip" since hddvd was triggering both hddvd and dvd .. furthermore .. i changed mine to look at path and filename since not all my filenames include source in them while all the dirnames do

Here is the code for the Star Rating to use on the poster view, you can insert it on line 439 after the MPAA flagging

Code:
<control type="image">
    <description>Rating value</description>
    <posx>20</posx>
    <posy>95</posy>
    <width>120</width>
    <height>20</height>    
    <texture>$INFO[Listitem.StarRating]</texture>
</control>

The Wall one can be inserted at line 200

Code:
<control type="image">
    <description>Rating value</description>
    <posx>0</posx>
    <posy>188</posy>
    <width>120</width>
    <height>20</height>    
    <include>Animation_Viewtype_Wall_Plot</include>
    <texture>$INFO[Listitem.StarRating]</texture>
</control>

- mobious - 2010-07-26

Mar16, for the star rating, you say line 200, but being the noob that I am, I use notepad to edit my xml files so...its a very very very large PAIN in the you know what to count the lines lol. Could you be more specific? as in between what and what?

- pletopia - 2010-07-26

haha .. get ultraedit or notepad+

- mobious - 2010-07-26

pletopia Wrote:haha .. get ultraedit or notepad+

lol thanks buddy...wish I knew about that a long time ago...would have literally saved me hours of counting lines :p

- Mar16 - 2010-07-27

mobious Wrote:Mar16, for the star rating, you say line 200, but being the noob that I am, I use notepad to edit my xml files so...its a very very very large PAIN in the you know what to count the lines lol. Could you be more specific? as in between what and what?

you can insert it after the include for the MPAA flagging, just search the xml file for the word MPAA and paste the code after the </include> of the MPAA Flagging

- mobious - 2010-07-27

Mar16 Wrote:you can insert it after the include for the MPAA flagging, just search the xml file for the word MPAA and paste the code after the </include> of the MPAA Flagging

Thanks buddy but notepad++ did the job. Well done btw! Rep+

- mcborzu - 2010-07-27

Update 7/26/2010
-Fixed a global time error after I swapped id's on Files and Poster view
-New way for recent episodes Trial Balloon

**Only git was updated!**

New way for recent episodes - More Info HERE

- psike - 2010-07-27

now there is no background image for setting, it's just black.
-------------

What? wait. it's back.
don't know what happened. sorry.