Kodi Community Forum
Night Release Thread - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: Night (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=130)
+----- Thread: Night Release Thread (/showthread.php?tid=73814)

- ppic - 2010-08-13

i've told you that you may have to change the name Wink
do you plan to re-add the "get logo" button now that the cache is refreshed ?

- sonic00 - 2010-08-14

One little more question to you mcborzu.

I saw, that u have integrated UK Ratings. How does it works? I tried to ad a UK movie (Trainspotting), but I just get the US Rating ®. So how do I enable the international Rating? ...

When I change the Rating manually in the *.nfo (for Trainspotting into UK:18), it shows the right Icon, but is there another way to get it done?

- mcborzu - 2010-08-14

ppic Wrote:i've told you that you may have to change the name Wink
do you plan to re-add the "get logo" button now that the cache is refreshed ?

Yes, I forgot. I spent alot of time trying to fix the script.favorites error..

sonic00 Wrote:One little more question to you mcborzu.

I saw, that u have integrated UK Ratings. How does it works? I tried to ad a UK movie (Trainspotting), but I just get the US Rating ®. So how do I enable the international Rating? ...

When I change the Rating manually in the *.nfo (for Trainspotting into UK:18), it shows the right Icon, but is there another way to get it done?

I believe you need to use Ember Media Manager, I don't think you can get those through XBMC?

- sonic00 - 2010-08-14

mcborzu Wrote:I believe you need to use Ember Media Manager, I don't think you can get those through XBMC?
All right ...

- xmurrx - 2010-08-15

is putting "now playing" in the background instead of fanart and backgrounds still being considered? and could u make a now playing option on the home menu or something to make it easier for people with a remote

- mcborzu - 2010-08-15

xmurrx Wrote:is putting "now playing" in the background instead of fanart and backgrounds still being considered? and could u make a now playing option on the home menu or something to make it easier for people with a remote

Yea I looked into it. It was getting too tedious, codewise, to have it work nicely with the trailer windows. Really theres no nice way to specify this window is for trailers and this window is for 'Now Playing'.

Second question is do-able though

- mcborzu - 2010-08-16

Update 8/14/2010
-Addon.xml is updated with correct dependencies
-Logo button via Video Info screen reactivated
-added "Movieset" label to all views
-Changed Home weather widget to read left to right
-Changed the Showcase view for Picture section
-Fixed Horizontal Home always focused on "Movies" not on last window selection

- 1slimm31 - 2010-08-16

Question, with recently added tv shows, would it slow the skin down too much to have the title of the selected recently added show to scroll from right to left. I ask because on home, when you have tv shows with long titles it gets cut off, and although you may know that shows name etc it just looks bad. I dont think it would be necessary for all the recently added episodes, just the one you have selected. And also, has anyone ever toyed with the idea of doing a recently added rss type scroll, where instead of news, you would see the titles of your recently added movies, tv shows etc. Just some questions and ideas, love the skin, great work.

- Danielocean - 2010-08-16

mcborzu Wrote:Update 8/14/2010
-Addon.xml is updated with correct dependencies
-Logo button via Video Info screen reactivated
-added "Movieset" label to all views
-Changed Home weather widget to read left to right
-Changed the Showcase view for Picture section
-Fixed Horizontal Home always focused on "Movies" not on last window selection

is there something wrong?! i cant see this changes... home weather is still from right to left... there is no "movieset" view... etc

- mcborzu - 2010-08-16

1slimm31 Wrote:Question, with recently added tv shows, would it slow the skin down too much to have the title of the selected recently added show to scroll from right to left. I ask because on home, when you have tv shows with long titles it gets cut off, and although you may know that shows name etc it just looks bad. I dont think it would be necessary for all the recently added episodes, just the one you have selected. And also, has anyone ever toyed with the idea of doing a recently added rss type scroll, where instead of news, you would see the titles of your recently added movies, tv shows etc. Just some questions and ideas, love the skin, great work.

1. Yea, it's a tough call on long titles, either I make a larger gradient but that'll take up too much space. Or make the font smaller but then it's hard to read. I'd love to get logos in there then that solves the problem but the script would need adjusting. Or I could let it scroll but I dispise things on screen scrolling...

2. I believe you can edit the RSS feed via Settings->Appearence

- sonic00 - 2010-08-16

Thx for the update.

- 1slimm31 - 2010-08-16

thanks for the reply, was just wondering how that went.

- theuni - 2010-08-16

Added to the official repo, thanks for all the hard work. Smile

TheUni

- Riderzzz - 2010-08-16

Thanks for this amazing skin. im using it for the looks, but when (on appletv) using this skin and the heavier HD movies it will not be perfect playback.

Now if i could disable the fanart somehow, i think this skin will just be perfect for my use.

Is there a way to disable the fanart loading?

Thanks again for the great work you put in this skin!!!

- mcborzu - 2010-08-17

Riderzzz Wrote:Thanks for this amazing skin. im using it for the looks, but when (on appletv) using this skin and the heavier HD movies it will not be perfect playback.

Now if i could disable the fanart somehow, i think this skin will just be perfect for my use.

Is there a way to disable the fanart loading?

Thanks again for the great work you put in this skin!!!

I'm surprised you had trouble. Is it just playback when there is trouble? Can you play HD material fine in any other skins?

I think you would get more benefit, in this skin and others, if you looked into the DDS fanart option or any other ATV suggestions I see floating around the forums. If you haven't looked into or are using it already.

But yea it's a simple button and I'll put it an option to disable fanart...