Kodi Community Forum
Night Release Thread - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: Night (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=130)
+----- Thread: Night Release Thread (/showthread.php?tid=73814)

- fonzie - 2010-10-02

I updated both Night and the subtitles addon now I cannot access and download subs while watching movies in XBMC. I don't know exactly what happened.

When I press the square button on the left of the OSD it sends me to settings instead of the subtitle selection screen that it used to. What am I doing wrong?

- mcborzu - 2010-10-02

fonzie Wrote:I updated both Night and the subtitles addon now I cannot access and download subs while watching movies in XBMC. I don't know exactly what happened.

When I press the square button on the left of the OSD it sends me to settings instead of the subtitle selection screen that it used to. What am I doing wrong?

Nothing, I was answering a question for someone and used that button to test but forgot to switch it back...

shaktoo Wrote:stoli.. thanks for the quick reply. what I mean is that I have a Custom menu " Kids movies ' on the home screen and wish to have the recently added script working for this custom menu as well . post above is about random instead of recent added .. if someone could guide me on how to get this working ..

Actually it's pretty easy do you use Vertical or Horizontal Home?

- fonzie - 2010-10-02

okay, good to know. thanks.

- shaktoo - 2010-10-02

McB , I use Horizontal menu . and I guess you like chuck too ! awaiting the new season eagerly

- mcborzu - 2010-10-02

shaktoo Wrote:McB , I use Horizontal menu . and I guess you like chuck too ! awaiting the new season eagerly

Unfortunatley I think Chuck is losing it's magic...

Anyways -

Overwrite lines 435 and 436 in IncludesHomeRecentlyAdded.xml with this:
Quote:<visible>Library.HasContent(TVShows) + [Container(301).Hasfocus(5) | Container(301).Hasfocus(21)]</visible>
<animation effect="slide" start="500,0" end="0,0" time="600" delay="1400" tween="cubic" easing="inout" condition="Container(301).Hasfocus(5) | Container(301).Hasfocus(21)">Conditional</animation>

And overwrite line 432 in Includes_Home_Horizontal.xml with:
Quote:<visible>Container(301).Hasfocus(5) | Container(301).Hasfocus(21)</visible>

This works for Playlist #1 on Home

- PatOso - 2010-10-02

The option "press left to see trailer" in movies does not work. This should work?
I have not found information about it. Thanks.:confused2:

- zwat - 2010-10-02

what view?

- PatOso - 2010-10-02

Wallpanel

- KidKiwi - 2010-10-03

mcborzu Wrote:Yes and No.

Yes - as I'm always open for new stuff. and No- as I got enough views already. I want to redo the 16x9 view but adding a completely new one is not on my radar at the moment...

Understandable.

I asked because I have a really large library - and showcase view (my favourite) just doesn't offer enough covers when browsing for a movie to watch. My problem further stems from being particularly susceptible to motion sickness - and when flying through showcase view (and others) I start feeling ill - especially with the focused cover flying in and out. And...using the scrollbar to deliver one page at a time cuts off the cover on each end of the screen - so I never get to see those covers while using the SBar.

I've come from PM3 - using the DVD ICons view (two panes of covers putting ten on the screen at the same time. PM3-HD puts 12 I think on the screen. I'd like a similar view putting two panes right across the screen - about 14 or 16 at a time. Allows you to browse a lot at one time.

Funny thing is, I've found myself switching back to PM3-HD to make a selection, then back to Night to watch it. Not sure I have the required skills to make it happen on my own.

PS - Just started work on my TV section and setting it up using Landscape with logos and fanart etc. Looks fantastic - like having a brand new system all over again. Big Grin

- mcborzu - 2010-10-03

KidKiwi Wrote:Understandable.

I asked because I have a really large library - and showcase view (my favourite) just doesn't offer enough covers when browsing for a movie to watch. My problem further stems from being particularly susceptible to motion sickness - and when flying through showcase view (and others) I start feeling ill - especially with the focused cover flying in and out. And...using the scrollbar to deliver one page at a time cuts off the cover on each end of the screen - so I never get to see those covers while using the SBar.

I've come from PM3 - using the DVD ICons view (two panes of covers putting ten on the screen at the same time. PM3-HD puts 12 I think on the screen. I'd like a similar view putting two panes right across the screen - about 14 or 16 at a time. Allows you to browse a lot at one time.

Funny thing is, I've found myself switching back to PM3-HD to make a selection, then back to Night to watch it. Not sure I have the required skills to make it happen on my own.

PS - Just started work on my TV section and setting it up using Landscape with logos and fanart etc. Looks fantastic - like having a brand new system all over again. Big Grin

I kind of see what you mean - I guess if I have a design preference I'm more of a fan of Cover art than say Fanart. I perfer bigger Box art to having more covers visible. Not too pick on this view, as alot of skins use around that size thumbs, but to me thats just way too small....I should have a view for more thumbs but how to give it a Night-ish look I have no ideas at the moment.

And congrats on Landscape thumbs, I absolutley love them. Plus it gives the TV section a unique look...

- KidKiwi - 2010-10-04

mcborzu Wrote:I'm more of a fan of Cover art than say Fanart.

Me too. I built all mine from scratch (about 1500 now) - removed all the text except for the title. They look great. Some need re-doing as I discover better artwork.

When I get some time, I'll patch (pic only) together a view like I'm looking for. Maybe you'll get inspired Big Grin

One thing I'd like to see (I'm thinking TV section here - as that's were I'm working, but could be used for other sections). I'd like to ability to press down on the remote in the info view (From landscape view, press the info button on the remote). You have a bar across the bottom (Play, thumb, fanart, logo etc). I'd like the bar and everything else on screen to hide and show only the fanart (like a slideshow if there are multi images). I plan on using multiple fanarts in that view. This would be great - but like you, I'm foremost into the display of the media.

Speaking of fanart. How are multiple images labelled. They go in the root of the TV show...so, fanart1,fanart2,fanart3 etc. Is that how it should be?

What about extrathumbs - are they in their own folder? How are they labelled?

And...one last thing. Are the original Black and White media flags available for D/L somewhere. Zwat is right, the new ones look like christmas lights. Don't likely No Sorry for the longish post Blush

- User 55003 - 2010-10-04

lol, I think the media flags look ok, but more here if you like the b/w look..
http://community.mediabrowser.tv/permalinks/2958/coloured-mediainfo-logos

- zwat - 2010-10-04

KidKiwi: i made some of them as monochrome without background if u'r interested in that.
checkout this post.

- mcborzu - 2010-10-04

KidKiwi Wrote:Speaking of fanart. How are multiple images labelled. They go in the root of the TV show...so, fanart1,fanart2,fanart3 etc. Is that how it should be?

What about extrathumbs - are they in their own folder? How are they labelled?

And...one last thing. Are the original Black and White media flags available for D/L somewhere. Zwat is right, the new ones look like christmas lights. Don't likely No Sorry for the longish post Blush

1. Extarfanart - name them whatevr you want, there isn't a naming convention
2. extrathumbs - thumb1.jpg,thumb2.jpg,etc...I only use two, some skins use more
3. Yes I think I'll add the monochrome flags...

- zwat - 2010-10-04

u can dl my pack if u want them without background.