Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Legacy Dark - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Aeon MQ (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=68)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Legacy Dark (/showthread.php?tid=74305)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36

- paul - 2010-05-26

ekim232 Wrote:This skin will be developed until I come up with something better, but I need to get this to where I want it before I start something new. So updates will be happening for a long time.....

That's good to hear, as this is far better than any other incarnation of aeon and it plays nicely with my asrock ion.
Now what i think would look really great would be to have the analog clock made bigger and placed in the top middle of the screen, and maybe add the numbers onto the clock face?Wink

- DK10 - 2010-05-26

like the skin so far.

one question though

how do i get the ty shows screen to show banners as banners. one of the screens you posted looks like wall view with banners.

like this picture http://img704.imageshack.us/i/screenshot012j.png/

how is this done?

thanks for the hard work

me to.... - snuffy1pro - 2010-05-26

I'm having the same issue as pseudoheld. I do not have the option to change the backgrounds for TV shows and Movies, but all other backgrounds including the ones I have turned off are available. TV and Movies, like pseudoheld, are my main concern for background options as well.

All of my libraries are scanned. 1079+ movies and 85 tv shows totaling over 5000+ episodes each ran through ember, moved to my Unraid server and XBMC auto updated. Still no tv show or movie background option love...(all media was scanned using Phil65) I am hoping to avoid having to rescan as this is quite time consuming even with the NFO's in the media root folders.

Also is there support, or will there be support for main menu additions from custom genre favorites? I'm coming from phil65 and currently have the following on the main menu, "Bluray" - "Foreign" - "Kids" - Pixar" - "HD Demos" - "THX/DTS/DD" with Bluray highlighted on startup. I know I can go into Genre or Favorites and click on them but, again, I am coming from Phil65 and would like to have them on the main screen if possible. Makes finding my Bluray movies for Demos much faster then poking through 1000+ movies looking for a BD.

- ekim232 - 2010-05-26

DK10 Wrote:how do i get the ty shows screen to show banners as banners. one of the screens you posted looks like wall view with banners.

Just got into settings>customise>media browsers

If your tv icons are posters you need to enable banner.jpg mode and have the file of the banner named banner.jpg in your tv show folder. If you have banners as your default icon, then enable banner mode and it will remove tv poster views.

- Arnaud - 2010-05-26

Very promising skin ! Good work, ekim232 Wink

I've uploaded and added the skin to my download catalog.
You'll find it here : http://www.xbmc.eu/telecharger/skins/44-legacy-dark.html

Keep up the good work, ekim232 !

- xecutionx - 2010-05-26

Got a quick question, ekim. Where and what is the file name of the bottom gradient? I looked through the files, and I can't seem to find it.

I replaced the icons with blank PNGs. Can't wait for your fix on the secondary text below the icons.

The skin is awesome. I might tinker with a few of the textures and such.

- retro11 - 2010-05-26

After some use of the skin I have got a couple of small requests in case you ever find yourself with nothing to do.

1. My weather on the home screen shows the location as new york even though new york isn't on my weather location list. looking at xecutiox screenshot above I wonder if this is a common problem.
2. In wall mode for TV shows would it be possible to have an info panel appear like it does for movies showing the show description?
3. In panleplex view for tv shows on the left hand side where it says:
EPISODE1
TV SHOW NAME
could it say:
EPISODE 1
EPISODE NAME

Otherwise great work.

- pettson3816 - 2010-05-26

This skin is great. There's just one small thing i'm not too keen about, and that's the home screen icons. They're too cluttery for my taste. Is it possible to release another set of icons? I'm too crappy to make my own. Sad

If it's just me that dislikes the home menu icons nevermind this at all.

edit: Maybe i should underline that i absolutely love everything else about this skin.

- xecutionx - 2010-05-26

retro11 Wrote:After some use of the skin I have got a couple of small requests in case you ever find yourself with nothing to do.

1. My weather on the home screen shows the location as new york even though new york isn't on my weather location list. looking at xecutiox screenshot above I wonder if this is a common problem.

I'm actually in New York, so I wouldn't know about that.

- ekim232 - 2010-05-26

xecutionx Wrote:Got a quick question, ekim. Where and what is the file name of the bottom gradient? I looked through the files, and I can't seem to find it.

I replaced the icons with blank PNGs. Can't wait for your fix on the secondary text below the icons.

The skin is awesome. I might tinker with a few of the textures and such.

-Most of all the homepage textures are in the media/home folder.
-I have fixed all issues that were stated yester....So your text problem is fixed.

I will upload v2 tonight when I get home. Along with any other bugs I hear of today.

- ekim232 - 2010-05-26

retro11 Wrote:After some use of the skin I have got a couple of small requests in case you ever find yourself with nothing to do.

2. In wall mode for TV shows would it be possible to have an info panel appear like it does for movies showing the show description?
3. In panleplex view for tv shows on the left hand side where it says:
EPISODE1
TV SHOW NAME
could it say:
EPISODE 1
EPISODE NAME

Otherwise great work.

-Let me look into the weather problem. That is strange because all 3 of mine work fine.
-I started a wall info panel for tv, but stopped short before the intial release. It is a lot of coding. It will be finished down the road.
-I will add a toggle for the panelplex labeling. Expect that in my next version.

- ekim232 - 2010-05-26

pettson3816 Wrote:This skin is great. There's just one small thing i'm not too keen about, and that's the home screen icons. They're too cluttery for my taste. Is it possible to release another set of icons? I'm too crappy to make my own. Sad

If it's just me that dislikes the home menu icons nevermind this at all.

edit: Maybe i should underline that i absolutely love everything else about this skin.

-A set of "Legacy Icons" will be done tonight. Expect them in the next version.

- b4sh - 2010-05-26

This is the BEST(!) Aeon like skin. Works perfectly on stable XBMC.

But, home icons is not good. I made a quick test modification with icons from devianart.com - now everything looks much better.

Weakest part of the skin is fontset. It's time to look for unicode fonts for this skin, "aeon fontset" is old and not support properly all national characters from non english languages. For example Alaska support unicode without problems. This fontset is bad part from "old aeon".

With the new home icons and new fontset Legacy Dark will be one of the best skin for XBMC.

- ekim232 - 2010-05-26

b4sh Wrote:This is the BEST(!) Aeon like skin. Works perfectly on stable XBMC.

But, home icons is not good. I made a quick test modification with icons from devianart.com - now everything looks much better.

Weakest part of the skin is fontset. It's time to look for unicode fonts for this skin, "aeon fontset" is old and not support properly all national characters from non english languages. For example Alaska support unicode without problems. This fontset is bad part from "old aeon".

With the new home icons and new fontset Legacy Dark will be one of the best skin for XBMC.

I was going to go with a set of icons much like that, but I didn't like the way they flow into the submenu animation. My new set of icons has icons like that, that match the submenu (they keep the frame and have a dark tint to the icon and some shadowing). I think everyone will like them as an alternate.

Are you using the aeon_fixed font set? In my release tonight it will be the only font set available.

- Batemann - 2010-05-26

Hi Ekim,

After a night of playing around: Very good work!

2 Things I saw:

The submenuu is missing a few items under movies and tv shows. For one, I can't go directly to directors and such.
I Can't configure custom backdrops for movies and tv shows. They are just not available in the settings screen for backdrops.
Home menu is nice, but could use a few touchups/changes. Most of them are mentioned already. :-)
Good work man!