Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Legacy Dark - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Aeon MQ (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=68)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Legacy Dark (/showthread.php?tid=74305)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36

- b4sh - 2010-05-26

ekim232 Wrote:Are you using the aeon_fixed font set? In my release tonight it will be the only font set available.

No, I use aeon_polish - but this font set isn't good too (in some screens overlapping text etc.)

This is screenshot with aeon_fixed, and as you can see, missing char is "Ś". Aeon_fixed is not proper unicode font set. Its useless for none english languages.

For proper unicode support all ttf files should be replaced.

Look at this therd http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=63147

- Batemann - 2010-05-26

snuffy1pro Wrote:Also is there support, or will there be support for main menu additions from custom genre favorites? I'm coming from phil65 and currently have the following on the main menu, "Bluray" - "Foreign" - "Kids" - Pixar" - "HD Demos" - "THX/DTS/DD" with Bluray highlighted on startup. I know I can go into Genre or Favorites and click on them but, again, I am coming from Phil65 and would like to have them on the main screen if possible. Makes finding my Bluray movies for Demos much faster then poking through 1000+ movies looking for a BD.

Second that I have custom menu's pointing to several library items and seperate file shares. This would make this skin a keeper in the living room. But I understand that's quite a lot of work.... Cool

- Batemann - 2010-05-26

one last thing:
I have a rather large Music lib, so I use wallview on most music levels. Would it be possible to add the possibility to disable the fanart ONLY for wallview, and not for the other music views? It's a little too much with fanart on. maybe instead the cool black thingie with the smoke trails? ;-)
I know, you can't to everybody, so it's cool if you have another view of where you wanna go with this. ;-)

- retro11 - 2010-05-26

I restarted my computer after I saw that xecutionx was in new york and that has solved the weather location problem. Sorry I should have done that first.

- ekim232 - 2010-05-26

Just to answer a few things...

-The bug with movies and tv show background selection has been fixed. Next release tonight.
-Adding home icons is in the works. I have been playing around with how to do it. I know how to code it, but I need to make it look right. It is tough with an icon homepage. The user would essentially have to make their own icon or I would have to have a default one applied to all additions. I need to come up with the right concept.
-Wall background probably will stay the same. I am happy to assist you in coding what you want though. If you can't do it, I will send you a custom xml the way you need it.
-I will have to look into the fonts. Please give me some time to sort out bug first and get a stable release out there. I have never done much font work and need to read about it. I will probably need some help. This will also apply to strings once I get my english ones done.

- Batemann - 2010-05-26

ekim232 Wrote:Just to answer a few things...

-The bug with movies and tv show background selection has been fixed. Next release tonight.
-Adding home icons is in the works. I have been playing around with how to do it. I know how to code it, but I need to make it look right. It is tough with an icon homepage. The user would essentially have to make their own icon or I would have to have a default one applied to all additions. I need to come up with the right concept.
-Wall background probably will stay the same. I am happy to assist you in coding what you want though. If you can't do it, I will send you a custom xml the way you need it.
-I will have to look into the fonts. Please give me some time to sort out bug first and get a stable release out there. I have never done much font work and need to read about it. I will probably need some help. This will also apply to strings once I get my english ones done.

You're on a roll. :-) eager to test the new version. Agree on the wall background. Will try to do it myself, with your help, along the road. No hurry.

- snuffy1pro - 2010-05-26

Thanks for the update on the movies and tv show backgrounds, as well as the other users req. Looking forward to adding menu items. Keep up the good work.

One more thing, not sure if it was requested already. If one does not have certain media flags, say media source for instance, can you have the skin default to blank as opposed to the question mark? I have a lot of media in ISO and or other formats, and ember does not pick up everything.. I find my self playing the offending media for about five minutes so XBMC picks up the missing flags... but that is... well dumb... on my part because it will take me forever with the amount of media I have that seem to have MIA flags. I'm sure you could code a much more elegant solution..blanks...

Again thanks,
Snuff...

- ekim232 - 2010-05-26

snuffy1pro Wrote:Thanks for the update on the movies and tv show backgrounds, as well as the other users req. Looking forward to adding menu items. Keep up the good work.

One more thing, not sure if it was requested already. If one does not have certain media flags, say media source for instance, can you have the skin default to blank as opposed to the question mark? I have a lot of media in ISO and or other formats, and ember does not pick up everything.. I find my self playing the offending media for about five minutes so XBMC picks up the missing flags... but that is... well dumb... on my part because it will take me forever with the amount of media I have that seem to have MIA flags. I'm sure you could code a much more elegant solution..blanks...

Again thanks,
Snuff...

I have a lot of tv series burned from dvd to iso as well, so I am pretty sure I did coding for iso's. I didn't like them all not showing, so I am pretty sure I did the following.....

-Show resolution flag for 480 if filename is .sddvd or .iso,right
-Show DD 5.1 for filename .sddvd or .iso,right

I believe XBMC picks up the codec. Let me double check the code, because I may have it only doing filename .sddvd.

Ahh... file name might be my problem, I have Ember clean the file names. So for instance, "avatar.bluray.rip.1080p" whatever, gets changed to just "Avatar"

I do have the NFO's in the root of the media folder with all of the flag info. I thought XBMC would read the data but maybe I'm mistaken. What about the resolution? 1280x720=hdtv 1920x1080=bluray et et is this an option?

- ekim232 - 2010-05-26

The naming schemes I have in the skin are below. All are read from filenames, just like the majority of all skins for the source. Source is rarely ever determined by the nfo, because there is no listitem.source in xbmc so it is kind of a workaround in all popular skins.

-DVD = sddvd or just .iso
-DVD Rip = any avi that does not contain a filenaming scheme
-Telesync = ts
-R5 = R5
-DVD Screener - DVDSCR or dvd screener
-Camera = .cam
-HDTV = HDTV (resolution of 720 or 1080 in tv when no naming scheme available)
-SDTV = SDTV (resolution of 480 or 540 in tv when no naming scheme available)
-BluRay = bluray or blu-ray
-HDDVD = HDDVD or HD-DVD

I use Media Companion, but I still rename all my files to find the source of them.

- kriss1981 - 2010-05-26

Hey there,

I'm using AEON as my standard skin for a long time. This MOD i think is the best ever. Its not a MOD it's a complete new skin.
I've got only one question: Is it possible to move the clock/date to the top CENTER of the screen?

- ekim232 - 2010-05-26

kriss1981 Wrote:Hey there,

I'm using AEON as my standard skin for a long time. This MOD i think is the best ever. Its not a MOD it's a complete new skin.
I've got only one question: Is it possible to move the clock/date to the top CENTER of the screen?

Thanks for the nice words. At the moment no. Could be easily done in the near future. Once the skin is well established I am going to make a more interactive homepage settings area. Much more customization, but present it in a way that is not overwhelming.

- t2ffn - 2010-05-26

Is it possible to use tv show logos like in Night skin?

Thanks

ekim232 Wrote:The naming schemes I have in the skin are below. All are read from filenames, just like the majority of all skins for the source. Source is rarely ever determined by the nfo, because there is no listitem.source in xbmc so it is kind of a workaround in all popular skins.

I remember reading something to that effect a while ago. Only thing is I never had an issue with it. L.D. is the only skin (not mod) that shows a "default flag icon" when a flag is missing.

Another skin, I forget which one has an option to turn on/off defaults. Maybe an idea?

Thanks for the prompt reply, and like other have already mentioned, I do believe this is a skin, it does not even look like Aeon save the settings, but almost every skin now seems to use the Aeon type settings panels...gray area I guess..

- ekim232 - 2010-05-26

t2ffn Wrote:Is it possible to use tv show logos like in Night skin?

Thanks

It does not have a view dedicated to them, but there is spots where you show the logo if you have it enabled in the media browser settings section.

I believe Coverplex and Panel List has spots for it. Once enable, there will be a toggle in the media panel to show the logo. It became a popular item was I was nearing completion so I didn't have time to throw it in many places, but will review some spots later down the line or make a view.