[XBOX] Specific XBOX version of Night download - Printable Version
+- Kodi Community Forum (http://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: Night (/forumdisplay.php?fid=130)
+----- Thread: [XBOX] Specific XBOX version of Night download (/showthread.php?tid=74412)
Pages: 1 2
[XBOX] Specific XBOX version of Night download - mcborzu - 2010-05-23 19:32
Alright I think this should be a pretty solid build:*
*my testing was on 28766
DOWNLOAD - built 7-25-2010
1. TV, Movies, Music all play/work and FF, skip, etc...
2. XBOX build has a skin setting to disable fanart: Settings->Skin->Movie/TV options
3. I only deleted Wall, WallPanel, and MusicWall...You can disable views but probably just deleting any further view .xml's you don't want might help more. But so far everything seems good.
4. XBOX is a logo only version...more info dicussed in this thread
- nickkarstedt - 2010-05-24 03:22
Great release! Thanks for such a quick fix! Glad you updated the build to include the changes you made to the full version. Easily the best XBMC skin.
EDIT: Got around to attempting to play a TV Show. The loading screen came up for a short time and the screen went black then returned to the episode view. Tried it a few times and eventually crashed. Haven't had this issue on the old version. Tried disabling fanart and restarting but it didnt help.
- mcborzu - 2010-05-24 03:39
Atleast on 28766, it's been good all day...I probably watched 3 TV shows throughout the day.
I screwed up the startup.xml but after 2hrs from when I posted I noticed a re-upped a fix...
- Paybac - 2010-05-31 05:25
Nice work since last i played with this Mcborzu, Nice smooth scrolling, Memory seem good. Nice selection of working views for the xbox.
Settings still has the empty space were addons is going for other skins, you could probably get rid of that for xbox.
Hav'nt dived into skin features yet put will let you now how i get on in there.
Other then that mate, a very clean nice functional skin for Xbox.
Jump over to http://www.xbmc4xbox.org and give Dan Dar3 a PM and get thi put up in the skin section and Xbox skin repo.
- Paybac - 2010-06-01 08:27
Did some playing with the Skin settings, You got some really nice features in there McBorzu, well done.
I found that scrolling text does not work in either the TV programs or Movies section.
Other then that mate and what i mentioned in the above post, it seems to be a quite slick Skin for the Xbox, Guna use this for a while longer and see if it grows on me.
- cifa - 2010-06-04 10:23
i am really impressed - playing around with it at the minute.
you have done a great job.
one thing though - the file manager background makes it hard to see the actual text. can that be replaced/disabled?
i will offer testing support if needed
- Hudson_Hawk04 - 2010-06-26 19:55
I know that the xbox forums have moved on and so has team XBMC but I am using the Night for Xbox skin and figured i would post a debug for you.
xbox issues? - crazycage - 2010-07-11 17:24
hey, im using this 5-23-2010 build of night for xbox, is there a more recent xbox version?
I have a few things that arn't working:
1) My Home Menu won't set a favorite. If I try to set one through GUI, it pops up the favorites menu but its just blank white. In XBMC, I set a folder (such as emulators) as a favorite but it doesn't show. Is that how I'm suppose to do it?
2) Recently added movies (on the homescreen) are just showing blank outline containers. There are no covers.
3) OSD Lyrics doesn't show a button? I have it enabled but can't find the button.
I appreciate any help anyone can offer with these items.
- mcborzu - 2010-07-11 17:34
1. I think when Night first came out custom favorites was 10.5/addon branch only. Now I included it in the skin.
2. I don't think XBOX can handle Recently added in any skin? OR atleast I'd recommend turning it off...
3. Can't recall if it works or if I even had it ready when XBOX Night was made..
In general I plan to update the XBOX version to be more current some time in the future. Though basic Library Movie/TV stuff should be fine at the moment...
- innyinskip - 2010-07-12 17:56
My recently addeds work a treat. Although they take 3 seconds or so to show, but thats the same on the PC upstairs. I think i read smoewhere in the main thread its a setting in the xml somwehere.
Cant wait till the new xbox release
- isamu.dragon - 2010-07-18 10:08
Is there any plan to update the Xbox version
- mcborzu - 2010-07-18 15:11
Plans yes, with 10.5 being real close I'm trying to get the main version a solid as I can get. Maybe 2 weeks for the XBOX version....
Sweet! - crazycage - 2010-07-22 18:02
YESS I look forward to the xbox release!
I was wondering if its possible to lighten (smaller size) and such to prevent memory issues on the xbox? I know the skin is working pretty good so far but I notice that once in a while it still has trouble queuing/playing movies.
Also, I was wondering if you could include an option for a games/emulators menu on the home page where I could also have custom backgrounds cycling? Is that difficult to integrate?
Thanks for all your work mcborzu. This is my favorite skin by far!
- mcborzu - 2010-07-23 04:34
crazycage Wrote:YESS I look forward to the xbox release!
Maybe soon I can get the new XBOX version up, not much skin-wise for me to address at the moment.
1. Only so much I can do. I resized all backdrops to 960x540 for XBOX, which made a huge difference, but again only so much you can do...
2. Probably I want that in main skin, I have to check Transparency! as Ronie has pretty good emulators/Program support...
- crazycage - 2010-07-24 03:46
ohhh sweet that would be great if you updated the xbox soon! I LOVE this skin, I hope you can keep making it better and better with more views and options in the near future