Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Grooveshark (Script) Music Addon - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Music Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=148)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Grooveshark (Script) Music Addon (/showthread.php?tid=74474)

- Jopplehead - 2011-01-23

denhams Wrote:While we wait for the new API key, I have done an interim version of the plugin that should work okay. Please see the post:

http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=690670&postcount=18

Stephen.

THANKS!

Working good on the latest Nightly XBMC4XBOX Smile

- Muuh - 2011-01-23

Tried the SVN build on my AppleTV2G, but i can't select any menu item.
Left, right, up down are working.

Update: Fix here

Grooveshark is back. Up for some beta testing? - solver - 2011-01-31

Hey guys,

I've completely rewritten the API to use groovewalrus. I've aimed at modularity so if Grooveshark decides to give me an API key then it should be "easy" to switch. Navigation in the script has undergone some changes as well. Mostly internally for my own sake. People reported some stability issues in the old script and I've tried to address that to the best of my ability. However, I think some of it is/was caused by the python interpreter not being to fond of running multiple scripts. I haven't seen the new version crash yet though.

There's still some functionality missing but I'm working on it.

Long story short. I'd like some beta testing before I ask for a pull. If you're up for it then grab the script from svn (see first post in this thread) and report back.

My graphics skills are lacking so if somebody feels like redesigning the new icons I've added then please do Wink

Cheers,
Solver

- denhams - 2011-01-31

solver Wrote:I've completely rewritten the API to use groovewalrus.

Well done. I took a peak at the API in SVN and it looks pretty complete.

solver Wrote:Long story short. I'd like some beta testing before I ask for a pull.

Count me in.

Stephen.

- dallasnights - 2011-02-01

Love to beta for you too let me know where and when

Thanks

- denhams - 2011-02-01

solver Wrote:If you're up for it then grab the script from svn (see first post in this thread) and report back.

I tested it (on Ubuntu) and it works very well indeed. Fast and no stability problems. I have only a few minor comments which you may know already:

- "Save albums as a playlist" has a keyboard with the title "Rename playlist" rather than "Playlist name" or whatever.
- Perhaps add an "are you sure?" dialog before deleting a playlist.
- Find Similar (songs/albums) says "Unimplemented".
- Favorite/unfavorite song is missing.
- Can add but not delete a song from playlist.

I guess the last three you know about and are working on or cannot be done with the API.

Nice work,

Stephen.

Which file should I download to test the script on my ATV and does it go into the following directory?

/private/var/mobile/Library/Preferences/XBMC/addons/script.audio.grooveshark

Thanks all

- l0th - 2011-02-01

ready to beta test. Just let me know.

- Haxxfilif - 2011-02-01

dallasnights Wrote:Which file should I download to test the script on my ATV and does it go into the following directory?

/private/var/mobile/Library/Preferences/XBMC/addons/script.audio.grooveshark

Thanks all

No Idéa how the ATV works but on Windows7 I downloaded the SVN from http://grooveshark-for-xbmc.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/ and then zipped the map I put the files in.
Then I used the built-in feature "Install add-on from ZIP" in XBMC. After that my old grooveshark got updated and now it's working.

l0th Wrote:ready to beta test. Just let me know.

Same goes for you as I told dallasnights above, hope it helps.

I guess this is not the real/best/correct method to implement it but I'm lazy and this went well so I didn't look for an other way. But feel free to correct me :-)

Also I got some questions if someone would be kind and help me!

1. Can I speed up between songs? It takes like 5-10 seconds before the new song start playing. I think i read somewhere that I should change music player? Pleas point me in the right direction :-)

2. I can't log in, it saids "Wrong username/Password" but I'm 200% sure it's the right credentials. I have try to change my password but it didn't solve it.
I can log in using the desktop client for Grooveshark and on the web client.

Thanks in advance
//Niklas

How to get the beta - solver - 2011-02-01

You can either get the script from svn as Haxxfilif did or you can get the script on the project page. I've uploaded the script that can be installed using the "install from zip" method.

- solver - 2011-02-01

Haxxfilif Wrote:Also I got some questions if someone would be kind and help me!

1. Can I speed up between songs? It takes like 5-10 seconds before the new song start playing. I think i read somewhere that I should change music player? Pleas point me in the right direction :-)

It's described in the faq on the first post of this thread.

Haxxfilif Wrote:2. I can't log in, it saids "Wrong username/Password" but I'm 200% sure it's the right credentials. I have try to change my password but it didn't solve it.
I can log in using the desktop client for Grooveshark and on the web client.

Could you upload a log to pastebin? I should be able to figure what's wrong then.

- solver - 2011-02-01

denhams Wrote:- "Save albums as a playlist" has a keyboard with the title "Rename playlist" rather than "Playlist name" or whatever.
- Perhaps add an "are you sure?" dialog before deleting a playlist.
- Find Similar (songs/albums) says "Unimplemented".
- Favorite/unfavorite song is missing.
- Can add but not delete a song from playlist.

I've corrected the first issue and I'm working on the rest. We don't really have any limitations with the new API - I just have to implement it. Essentially, what the web client can do, we can do.

And thanks for the feedback

outstanding work, works great on ATV
One question how do I make it shuffle my songs on my playlist I dont see that option maybe its something for future

Thanks!!!! this one is almost primetime ready!

- Haxxfilif - 2011-02-01

solver Wrote:It's described in the faq on the first post of this thread.

Could you upload a log to pastebin? I should be able to figure what's wrong then.

Thanks for the answers dude, you're doing some awesome work :-D

I created the "playercorefactory.xml" file in /userdata at my W7 with the settings you pointed me to. But it still takes like 10-15 seconds to start a new song? Missing something?

For the second question, which log is of interest, where do I find it?

Thanks in advance
Niklas

Suggestions
Under the menu that says, Play, Enqueue, add to playlist, etc can you add Playlist so that you can return to your playlists and choose another if you want, unless I am missing another way the only way I know is to back out and go back in

Thanks