Kodi Community Forum
[LIVE] HOW-TO Install XBMC on Lucid Mini with PCM Multichannel and Nvidia 256.25 - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: Linux (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=52)
+---- Thread: [LIVE] HOW-TO Install XBMC on Lucid Mini with PCM Multichannel and Nvidia 256.25 (/showthread.php?tid=74778)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23

- Ja4220 - 2010-09-27

Oh the only thing I am not so sure about (well thats not true. I'm not sure about most things I have done) but in the asound.conf there is a section on Bindings which I left untouched, as I am not sure what they are. So it is possible that they might need to be updated as well...

- Ja4220 - 2010-09-27

Looks like I am back to the drawing board. Just discovered a new problem. MP3 soundtracks and music files won't play.
Give a failed to initialise error...
That causes a rather large problem hahaha

- Ja4220 - 2010-09-27

Looks like I am back to the drawing board. Just discovered a new problem. MP3 soundtracks and music files won't play.
Give a failed to initialise error...
That causes a rather large problem hahaha
This was working prior to making these changes... Could it be something in the HD-Intel.conf
Hmmm I shall start tinkering....
Is that HD-Intel.conf file always present?
what would happen if I deleted it...
Edit:
Well it appears it is only some mp3's. Some of my movies are working but haven't found a music MP3 that works yet.

Success... for now.. - Ja4220 - 2010-09-28

I think I have solved the problem.
I tried playing a variety of MP3 files with the debug log on. It turned out that the ones that were playing were 48000 kbps.
So I looked at the 2 files and saw all the references to rate 48000 in the asound.conf.
So I removed all of those and it started to work again. So i checked that zone 2 was working on all files simultaneously with the main room (i.e hdmi and analog output). Check!
Played a variety of MP3 files of varying bitrates. Check!
Played some 5.1 AAC files to check for correct speaker mapping. Check!
I don't have system sounds at the moment though as I commented out that section at some stage on the asound.conf and can't be bothered changing it back. And they were bugging me anyway.
But the strange thing is that I am now running the standard HDA-Intel.conf file (I got it off a Dharma Beta 2 install I had on an SD card to see if it had fixed the mapping issue) and it seems to be fine.. for now...

- Flomaster - 2010-09-28

Ja4220,

are you saying that you just did like this

Code:
pcm.dmix-analog {
  type dmix
  ipc_key 1234
  slave {
    pcm "analog-hw"
    period_time 0
    period_size 1024
    buffer_size 4096
    #rate 48000

pcm.dmix-digital {
  type dmix
  ipc_key 1235
  slave {
    pcm "digital-hw"
    period_time 0
    period_size 1024
    buffer_size 4096
    #rate 48000

just put a # in front of every 4800 in the config file?

-=Jason=-

- Ja4220 - 2010-09-28

Jason,
Essentially yes. I actually just did a find and replace where I found rate 48000 and replaced it with nothing.
It seems to be working with everything... so far...
Are you having any luck with it?

- Flomaster - 2010-09-28

I have yet to try your config.I am going to try tonight when I get home

- Flomaster - 2010-09-29

Ja4220, I just tested out your file while it does work for mp3 and aac it didn't for me with DTS and Dolby Digital I got a terrible hissing sound. also my emulators no longer had sound. also my amp displayed PCM for every audio source...

I just commented out every where that had 4800 in it like you said. I did not try it out with out doing that though.

but for MP3 and AAC the dual audio was working.
-=Jason=-

- Ja4220 - 2010-09-29

Ok.
Let me think about this.
Quote: Ja4220, I just tested out your file while it does work for mp3 and aac it didn't for me with DTS and Dolby Digital I got a terrible hissing sound.
Firstly DTS and DD would be on HDMI pass through so wouldn't work through analog. This suits me fine as I only have movies in DTS or DD and if I am watching a movie I am not sitting outside on the deck.
That said I tested a DD 5.1 movie and it worked fine on my amp and Zone 2 was silent (obviously as there is nothing being passed to the audio output devices) Can't explain your hissing noise sorry.
Quote:also my amp displayed PCM for every audio source...
As does mine for sources that are being output (as opposed to Passed through). Is this bad? ( I was just happy it was working)
Anyway, hope it is helpful in some way. Like I said I have just been using the original file as a building block. The original poster (Chris80) makes mention of 5.1 being converted to AC3 for SPDIF. It may also do it for HDMI, although I would assume that would show differently on my amp..... maybe....

- thevinz - 2011-02-20

Thanks a lot. I spend many hours to fix my sound. And because your tips it works now on my Asus EB1012.

- BLKMGK - 2011-03-12

thevinz Wrote:Thanks a lot. I spend many hours to fix my sound. And because your tips it works now on my Asus EB1012.

^^^^ This - on a Zotac MAG running 10.10 after pulling my hair out for hours. I am now also doing the same thing on an ASROCK 330.

Much thanks for having sorted this!

- mlmc - 2011-04-23

Finally.. AAC5.1 working as Multi-PCM on my AVR.
Great job!

One question mark though..
I tried some video clip with mp3 (2CH) audio, and the AVR tried to emulate some multichannel stereo. Would be nice if .mp3 (2CH) worked the same way, multi-pcm but only the two fronts playing. Is this possible?

- thethirdnut - 2011-04-24

mlmc Wrote:Finally.. AAC5.1 working as Multi-PCM on my AVR.
Great job!

One question mark though..
I tried some video clip with mp3 (2CH) audio, and the AVR tried to emulate some multichannel stereo. Would be nice if .mp3 (2CH) worked the same way, multi-pcm but only the two fronts playing. Is this possible?

The PCM --> stereo only mapping might be something you can tweak on your receiver.

I believe my Denon AVR-3808 handles 5.1, 7.1 and 2.0 [from FLAC] PCM correctly, however, I vaguely recall options for stereo mapping to all channels in there somewhere as well.

- earlneath - 2011-05-18

Can anyone advise whether this will work with Maverick / Natty or alternatively whether it is now part of the current Live build?

- thethirdnut - 2011-05-18

I have both Lucid [10.04] + Maverick [10.10] installs working successfully.

Natty will depend on when the PPA's are ready.