Kodi Community Forum
Vanishing Images - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: Back Row (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=127)
+----- Thread: Vanishing Images (/showthread.php?tid=74813)

Vanishing Images - eternalsword - 2010-05-30

Not sure why or how, but a few of the skin images randomly vanish but if I switch out of backrow and back to it and they reappear. Images in question that I've noticed are the watched checkmark, the icon for TV Shows, and the icon for Movies. I'm on xbmc r30515 and backrow r2762

Edit:
Forgot to mention that closing out of xbmc and reopening doesn't clear the issue.

- Sharpe - 2010-05-30

What system are you running XBMC on?

- eternalsword - 2010-05-30

ubuntu lucid

- djdafreund - 2010-05-30

Not sure if THIS is the result of the newer xbmc svn changes, but it was mentioned a couple days ago in the svn changes that they are experiencing random area texture glitches. Maybe it's not this case, but throwing it out there in case. Have you tried any older releases yet?

I make daily builds and have definitely experienced some problems here and there since i read that. Like IE in the countdown, the lower right side of the 4 quad grid the section is lighter. I haven't played around with things to see any other area of glitches, but you problem may or may not be due to this. They added debug stuff to xbmc until they figure out the cause and fix it.

But please try an older build and see if you happen to notice these problems. That might help. Normally these kind's of issue's aren't typically something a skinner can fix though since they are usually within XBMC.

- eternalsword - 2010-05-30

not that big of a deal to just reload the skin. if it's an xbmc issue I'll just wait for a fix on that front. it occurs randomly and infrequently so I'll just live with it and hope it sorts itself out eventually, but since i never had vanishing images with confluence, I thought I'd at least mention it here and see if anyone else was experiencing this.

- djdafreund - 2010-05-31

No problem. We are glad you guys are letting us know about any possible issues, XBMC related or skin, let's us always be able to stay on top of things and be one of the best skins amongst others. Smile

- eternalsword - 2010-05-31

I've actually been able to replicate. It happens at some point when I go into Videos in File mode instead of Library mode.

xbmc.log then has a bunch of the following:
Code:
22:04:51 T:140523897423632 M:5506154496   DEBUG: Caching image '' as 'f/ffffffff' full size
22:04:51 T:140523897423632 M:5506154496    INFO: Caching image from:  to special://masterprofile/Thumbnails/f/ffffffff
22:04:51 T:140523897423632 M:5506154496    INFO:   msg: PICTURE::LoadImage: Unable to open image:  Error: (2)
22:04:51 T:140523897423632 M:5506154496   ERROR: Texture manager unable to load file:

Edit:
Seems to happen when xbmc first starts up as well. I never noticed before because I hadn't restarted xbmc since switching from confluence.

- eternalsword - 2010-06-01

definitely an xbmc issue as it's gotten worse in recent revisions

- Sharpe - 2010-06-01

Ah right ok then - I guess we'll wait and say what develops and we'll then see if we need to alter anything our end.

Cheers

- eternalsword - 2010-06-01

Figured out what the issue is. Case-sensitivity on the image files. You wouldn't see this on Windows as it's filesystem is case-insensitive. Some part of xbmc must be case insensitive for it to work some of the time while other parts not which causes the failure. The solution is to use TexturePacker.

I'm putting in code for a new Build.sh using TexturePacker instead of XBMCTex.

Code:
#!/bin/bash

cd ${0%/*}
which TexturePacker &>/dev/null || { echo Can\'t find TexturePacker; exit 1 ;}

SKINNAME=Back-Row

echo ------------------------------
echo Creating $SKINNAME Build Folder
rm -Rf BUILD
mkdir -p BUILD/$SKINNAME/media

echo Creating XBT Files...
TexturePacker -input media -output media/Textures.xbt

echo Copying XBT Files...
mv -f media/Textures.xbt BUILD/$SKINNAME/media/

echo creating Media Directory structure...
for i in "Default Wallpaper" Movies TV Music Photos Apps Settings "Sub Button Wallpaper" Files Scripts Weather
do
  mkdir "BUILD/$SKINNAME/media/$i"
done

echo Building Skin Directory...

for i in 1080i 720p NTSC NTSC16x9 PAL PAL16x9 fonts colors sounds language *.xml
do
  cp -R $i BUILD/$SKINNAME/
done

cp *.txt BUILD

echo Removing SVN directories from build
for inode in $(ls -Ria BUILD/$SKINNAME|grep ".svn$"|cut -d' ' -f1)
do
    find -inum $inode -exec rm -Rf '{}' \; &>/dev/null
done

echo Build Complete - Scroll Up to check for errors.
echo Final build is located in the BUILD directory
echo ftp the $SKINNAME folder in the build dir to your xbox

- Sharpe - 2010-06-01

Thanks for doing that - I've updated the SVN.

Cheers

- djdafreund - 2010-06-02

Yeah, thanks for doing that.