Kodi Community Forum
Shuttle XS35 - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Discussions (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=222)
+--- Forum: Hardware (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=112)
+--- Thread: Shuttle XS35 (/showthread.php?tid=74974)

- zoquero - 2010-12-22

Torroa Wrote:Try and set HDMi audio as default output in ALSA.
I am using this patch, and the XBMC menu-sounds can be heard on primary audio output, but not the secondary.

Thanks, Torroa:

I've tried it. I set Audio output to HDA Nvidia hdmi (just setting hdmi doesn't work) and I have set /etc/asound.conf like this (excerpt from several posts here, like this ):
Code:
pcm.!default {
type hw
card 0
device 1
}
ctl.!default {
type hw
card 0
device 1
}

then when it boots and XBMC is launched:
  • I can hear menus through HDMI (nice!),
  • then I play a vidio and it sounds through HDMI (nice!)
  • but when I get back to menus the sound is missing again on menus

I've tried with other asound.conf like the one from counter (this) with same results, don't know how to adapt it.

I don't know much about ALSA but I think that is happening to me is that I'm not mixing someway, so when a process initializes the sound device then it can use it but leaves without sound any process that previously was used it. So when I get back to XBMC after playback I loose sounds on menus.

Hasn't anybody solved it? Is there any magic /etc/asound.conf file that anybody can give me, or maybe a guide or links to documentation? Thanks in advance, I'm really impressed with the activity of this forum.

- zoquero - 2010-12-22

zoquero Wrote:Thanks, Torroa:
I've tried it...
ah, same results with that asound.conf but setting on XBMC:
  • Audio output device = defaults
  • Passthrough output device = iec958 (don't know what to set here)

I suppose that this is the configuration you meant, I think this way we're telling XBMC to play towards wherever the system is configured to send the sound by default to.

Other curious symptom: if you stop the playback then menus keep on working, but if you just pause the movie then the menus will no longer work until you reboot. It's a kind of competition for the device.

Best regards!

- Torroa - 2010-12-23

zoquero Wrote:ah, same results with that asound.conf but setting on XBMC:
  • Audio output device = defaults
  • Passthrough output device = iec958 (don't know what to set here)

I suppose that this is the configuration you meant, I think this way we're telling XBMC to play towards wherever the system is configured to send the sound by default to.

Other curious symptom: if you stop the playback then menus keep on working, but if you just pause the movie then the menus will no longer work until you reboot. It's a kind of competition for the device.

Best regards!

Have a look at page 21 and see if you can get some ideas: Page 21

- zoquero - 2010-12-23

Torroa Wrote:Have a look at page 21 and see if you can get some ideas: Page 21

Thanks, Torroa:
I've tried several things and none worked. I proved several changes in /etc/asound.conf and in /usr/share/alsa/alsa.conf . For example :

heldchen's /etc/asound.conf doesn't work for me (setting card=1 and device=3) . This other one works like mine was working (nearly-ok) but with fewer lines :

Code:
pcm.!default hdmi:NVidia
pcm:iec958 hdmi:NVidia

and on /usr/share/alsa/alsa.conf I couldn't make any change based on that page 21 that could happen, I always found that sound didn't worked. For example this:

Code:
defaults.ctl.card 1
defaults.pcm.card 1
defaults.pcm.device 3

Any other idea? Thanks!

- Torroa - 2010-12-23

Windows 7? .)

I went that way, HDMI with audio, USB Dac and spdif audio seems troublesome with any kernels. Always updated drivers, and I have a Home Premium OEM version I can install on as many computers I like, is also a plus..

- bigbear77 - 2010-12-25

hi guys, help pls!

my xs35gt freezes sometimes...

i installed it with dharma rc2, then updated to the newest version via apt-get update and apt-get upgrade (these two commands upgrade everything for with there is a newer version, right?). Everything seemde to work. no error messages or anything.

till then in sometimes get a freeze... the xs35 is in suspend, i start it up via my mce remote it shows the picture just fine and starts to import. Then sometimes it just freezes... I still get ping replies but the gui doesnt do anything. The next few times it works just great...

Any Ideas? Can i look at some log-files to find out whats wrong? Skin is Aeon-MQ2 2.51 (just wanted to update and same thing, startet computer, installed repository and after downloading 58% it freezes...).

I dont know what could be the cause to be honest... so any tips welcome Smile

Thanks and Merry Christmas!

- kornel - 2010-12-30

hey all,

I have just installed the live version of dharma rc, and I am completely clueless as to what is happening:

With hdmi connected directly to the tv, there is a red tint all over the screen but the bios and xbmc splashscreens are showing. When the splashscreen ends, the screen goes black. The xbmc interface does not show, however invoking the terminal works :S

When connected through hdmi through my receiver, there is no red tint, but the same thing happens: xbmc does not display.

The interface displays correctly when connected over VGA to a monitor.

Any ideas?

Wifi on XS35GT+ XBMC 10.0 Live : How? - zoquero - 2010-12-31

Hi!
Wifi on XS35GT nearly works out-the-box with XBMC 10.0 Live ... nearly because I get about 20% of the speed that should have. No dropped packets, but works really slow. There are lots of posts on this Thread about network, I tried this with driver version rtl8192se_linux_2.6.0019.1207.2010.tar.gz and I just could load the module and get up the interface wlan0, but I cannot even ping the router. I used this configuration for iwconfig and /etc/network/interfaces

I'm surely doing something wrong. Is anybody been able to use Wifi on XS35GT with XBMC 10.0 Live at full speed? How?

Thanks a lot and good new year.

/ Angel

- clambert - 2011-01-01

heldchen Wrote:i then configured/tweaked my system in the following steps:
1. enable eth0: http://pastebin.com/6xYHA0CB

heldchen,

YOU DA MAN! I recently installed XBMC Live 10.0 and was struggling getting the ethernet to work. I have limited linux experience.

Basically, I kept trying to copy old jme.ko files to the drivers directory that I found from various posts. Once I compiled it myself using your steps, life became very good. Smile I wish I had found this post initially.

- zoquero - 2011-01-01

zoquero Wrote:Hi!
Wifi on XS35GT nearly works out-the-box with XBMC 10.0 Live ... nearly

Good new year everybody:
I have found the same results with Ubuntu Desktop 10.10 i386 and still worse because sometimes system freezes. But I found other's suffering the same problems and looks like those are buggy drivers. They recommend to use NDIS wrappers. I'll try and I'll post results.

Best regards,

/ Angel

- stevezau - 2011-01-02

Has anyone got ubuntu 10.10 to work with xbmc and passthrough on the XS35GT!?!?!

I can't get it to work.. been trying to 2 days.. if anyone can tell me how they done it please?!?!

- Adeiko - 2011-01-02

stevezau Wrote:Has anyone got ubuntu 10.10 to work with xbmc and passthrough on the XS35GT!?!?!

I can't get it to work.. been trying to 2 days.. if anyone can tell me how they done it please?!?!

I actually use XBMC in a Ubuntu 10.10, wifi working HDMI working. The only problem i've is that if i pause for more than 5 min a movie or TV show, when i resume it cancels and go to the select screen.

- zoquero - 2011-01-02

zoquero Wrote:Good new year everybody:
I have found the same results with Ubuntu Desktop 10.10 i386 and still worse because sometimes system freezes. But I found other's suffering the same problems and looks like those are buggy drivers. They recommend to use NDIS wrappers. I'll try and I'll post results.

Hi,
I couldn't load Windows XP wireless drivers via ndiswrapper.
I made these steps:
  • Avoided the loading of the present module r8192se_pci (packed on XBMC Live 10.0):
    Code:
    apt-get install ndiswrapper-common ndiswrapper-utils-1.9
    echo “blacklist r8192se_pci” >> /etc/modprobe.d/blacklist.conf
    and rebooted instead of doing rmmod , just for verifying it works
  • downloaded drivers for "RTL8192SE" from Realtek and unpacked them , having a "net8192se.inf"
  • installed the driver:
    Code:
    ndiswrapper -i  /.../91_92_SE_Driver/WinXP/net8192se.inf
  • and then appears a folder /etc/ndiswrapper/net8192se/ and "ndiswrapper -l" lists a new driver "net8192se"
  • verified dependencies:
    Code:
    depmod -a
  • and tried to load ndiswrapper but "modprobe ndiswrapper" fails this way:
    Code:
    # modprobe ndiswrapper
    [   681.478205] ndiswrapper (import:242): unknown symbol: ntoskrnl.exe: ‘IoWMIQueryAllData’
    [   681.510293] ndiswrapper (import:242): unknown symbol: ntoskrnl.exe: ‘IoWMIOpenBlock’
    [   681.541197] ndiswrapper (import:242): unknown symbol: NDIS.SYS: ‘NdisMCreateLog’
    [   681.570932] ndiswrapper (import:242): unknown symbol: NDIS.SYS: ‘NdisMCloseLog’
    [   681.600644] ndiswrapper (import:242): unknown symbol: NDIS.SYS: ‘NdisMWriteLogData’
    [   681.628676] ndiswrapper (load_sys_files:206): couldn’t prepare driver ‘net8192se’
    [   681.657251] ndiswrapper (load_wrap_driver:108): couldn’t load driver net8192se; check system log for messages from ‘loadndisdriver’

Also tried to compile ndiswrapper from source, but looks like make install doesn't the work, ndiswrapper -v keeps showing v1.55 (the ones from XBMC Live 10.0) instead of the compiled 1.56.

Can anybody help me, please? Somebody has to be using happily XS35GT's wifi without problems. How?

Thanks in advance!

/ Angel

1080i deinterlace drop - sato - 2011-01-03

Hi,
My XS35GT have a problem.
I can play 1440x1080i mpeg2TS movie with deinterlace(bob).
I can play 1920x1080i mpeg2TS movie with deinterlace(None).

but,1920x1080i(mpeg2TS) drops some frames per second,with deinterlace(bob).
OSD shows 49~55fps.CPU usage is 5~10 per cpu.

I move this systemSSD to i5+GT220 machiene.
I can play 1920x1080i mpeg2TS movie with deinterlace(bob),no drops.

Is XS35GT of marginal capacity "1440x1080i mpeg2TS with bob"?

please, any helps.

----------------------
I try some environments.

XS35GT

(xbmc-live10.0) or (ubuntu10.10+xbmc10.0) or (ubuntu10.04+xbmc10.0) or (xbmc9.11 live) to SSD
+ libvdpau0.4-3 or 0.3-2 + nvidia 185 or 195 or 256
and,tips(http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=70068)

xbmc-live10.0 + libvdpau0.4-3+nvidia195+this tips
is better.(but,dorp some frame playing full1080i with deinterlace )

nvidia 256 is bad.dorp some frame playing 1440x1080i with deinterlace.

- Adeiko - 2011-01-09

Someone installed a Blu-Ray drive in his shuttle? I'm looking for one but do not know what i must get exactly.