Kodi Community Forum
Shuttle XS35 - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Discussions (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=222)
+--- Forum: Hardware (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=112)
+--- Thread: Shuttle XS35 (/showthread.php?tid=74974)

- froggit - 2011-01-16

zoquero Wrote:Hi again, Simon!
WiFi works but aren't you having a really slow connection and a flood of errors about r8192se_pci on /var/log/messages even compiling the module?

Hi Angel! Here I'm not using WiFi. I use a wired network and it seems to work perfectly - at least I haven't seen any buffering problems and the videos seem to play smoothly without interruption.

- p1lot - 2011-01-16

Thanks for the HOWTO froggit, works perfectly besides the suspend/wake-up procedure. Suspending and waking up is not a problem, but after the XS35 woke up, the remote just won't work. At first I thought the Lirc Device Increment Bug might be the culprit, but "ls /dev | grep lirc" only outputs:

Code:
lirc0
lircd

Do you know what's going on here?

BTW, perhaps you could add an optional step of how to install the latest nvidia-drivers via the x-swat ppa.

- p1lot - 2011-01-16

OK, I fixed it. Just follow the instructions explained here:
http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Ubuntu_Suspend_/_Wake#Enable_Wake_on_USB_Activity

...and uncomment those two lines...

Code:
#rmmod lirc_mceusb
#modprobe lirc_mceusb

- froggit - 2011-01-16

p1lot Wrote:OK, I fixed it. Just follow the instructions explained here:
http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Ubuntu_Suspend_/_Wake#Enable_Wake_on_USB_Activity

...and uncomment those two lines...

Code:
#rmmod lirc_mceusb
#modprobe lirc_mceusb

You mean you have to do this?:

Fix the Lirc Device Increment Bug

If your IR remote does not work after waking from sleep, you most likely have this bug. The IR software for Linux, Lirc, will create a new device /dev/lirc1 because it presumes the old device /dev/lirc0 is in use by another process. This confuses XBMC and you end up with a non-working remote. The solution is to shutdown Lirc before suspension and then start it back up after wake. This is done by creating a script at /etc/pm/sleep.d/90_lirc :
# Script to disable lirc before suspend and restart after wake.

case "${1}" in
suspend|hibernate)
if [ "$(pidof xbmc.bin)" ] ; then
wget -q -b -O /dev/null -o /dev/null "http://127.0.0.1:8080/xbmcCmds/xbmcHttp?command=ExecBuilt&Inparameter=LIRC.Stop"
fi
/etc/init.d/lirc stop
;;
resume|thaw)
# If remote still does not work after suspend, uncomment the lines below.
# Note you may need to change "lirc_mceusb". See output from 'sudo lsmod | grep lirc' for module name.
rmmod lirc_mceusb
modprobe lirc_mceusb
/etc/init.d/lirc start
if [ "$(pidof xbmc.bin)" ] ; then
wget -q -b -O /dev/null -o /dev/null "http://127.0.0.1:8080/xbmcCmds/xbmcHttp?command=ExecBuiltIn&parameter=LIRC.Start"
fi
;;
esac
Make sure the script is executable:
chmod 755 /etc/pm/sleep.d/90_lirc

- p1lot - 2011-01-16

yup, exactly. i use a standard hp rc6 receiver+remote combo btw.

also don't forget to enable the webinterface to make this work.

- froggit - 2011-01-17

p1lot Wrote:yup, exactly. i use a standard hp rc6 receiver+remote combo btw.

also don't forget to enable the webinterface to make this work.

Thanks for the tips p1lot - I'll give this suspend/resume a try tomorrow to see if it works on my installation, and I'll update the guide with this suspend/resume info.

- clambert - 2011-01-17

froggit Wrote:So when I set up the Harmony One new activity to 'Watch My Videos', I think I selected Media Center PC as the device type, selected Microsoft as the marque, and then simply entered the word 'MCE' in the model field and this seems to work for me. 95% seems to work perfectly, but I need to find a couple of missing buttons and re-program it to optimise it slightly, but it's really working very well :Wink

Good News / Bad News.

The good news is that power on & power off from suspend seems to work a lot better than what I used before.

The bad news is that I still seem to have the intermittent double jump with a single press. It's not horrible, but it happens. I think I'm going to play with the timing a little. Additionally, there are fewer custom buttons. I think I'm going to grab some of the buttons in the other config and use them with this one. One cool button with the other device configuration I was using was a button that would load the visualization screen while playing music. There were a couple others I wouldn't mind having in the new config as well.

I just need to take some time and tweak it all out. I think it's possible to remap some of the commands too by modifying an xml file. I'm going to look into that as well.

My biggest issue was over power on & off and that looks all but fixed now. Many thanks for the help & input!

- p1lot - 2011-01-17

i also experienced the black screen bug after resuming (not always, but most of the time). This is caused by the "jme" LAN-Driver according to a post on the previous pages.

In order to fix that issue, I had to create this file: /etc/pm/config.d/00sleep_module and add the following line:

Code:
SUSPEND_MODULES="$SUSPEND_MODULES jme"

- Prizm4 - 2011-01-18

clambert Wrote:The bad news is that I still seem to have the intermittent double jump with a single press. It's not horrible, but it happens.

I fixed this problem in Windows by adjusting the Keyboard settings in Control Panel. I put the Repeat Delay and Repeat Rate at their lowest setting.

- clambert - 2011-01-18

Prizm4 Wrote:I fixed this problem in Windows by adjusting the Keyboard settings in Control Panel. I put the Repeat Delay and Repeat Rate at their lowest setting.

I'm running this on Linux (Ubuntu) installed from the Live disc. Any ideas there?

I still have not checked to see if there were any timing changes I could have with Logitech's remote software.

Thanks for the info though. It'll put me on the right path.

- Govnah - 2011-01-18

@froggit thanks for the uide, excellent. One question when I resume/wake from sleep and experience audio dropouts while watching a movie ever few minutes, but I reboot I do not experience the issue. Also, on wake/resume if I drop to a console and bounce the interface I do not have an issue. Anyway to address the audio drops from wake/resume other than a reboot or bouncing the interface?

Thanks

- Adeiko - 2011-01-21

Today my "HP IR Wireless MCE USB Infrared Receiver VISTA MCE2005" and "Harmony One 300" got a new home. But there is no way i can make them work (on Ubuntu 10.10)

I connect the IR to the USB.

Configure my Harmony One as Microsoft -> Windows media Center.

Install LIRC and configure it like Microsoft all recievers etc.. // Select none on the next stage.

Tried irw on the console, and it tracks nothing, also in xbmc the buttons do nothing.

The IR reciever works, at least the red light flashes each time i click a button.

Is there something i must change in LIRC config files? Been searching for a while post in the forum, but most of them it works out of the cage wit hthis config and they do nothing more :S

- BoxFreak - 2011-01-25

BoxFreak Wrote:SSD works now, needed just GParted and formatting to EXT3 before attempting to install XBMC. Maybe I should have read instructions more accurately... :o

Oh, I was wrong, XBMC Dharma installer doesn´t recognize my SDD even if I´ve formatted it with GParted. Openelec installer sees it just fine.

Just tried to only install XBMC Dharma 10.0 for two hours without success so that I could try to find out why Dharma is freezing. No

With openelec there´s still plenty of annoying minor problems and with Dharma only installing is PITA. Dharma would be great on this hardware if I could install it and it wouldn´t freeze.

This piece of c*** has to go. I want my easy and noisy ZBOX HD11 back.

- therionate - 2011-01-26

BoxFreak Wrote:Oh, I was wrong, XBMC Dharma installer doesn´t recognize my SDD even if I´ve formatted it with GParted. Openelec installer sees it just fine.

Just tried to only install XBMC Dharma 10.0 for two hours without success so that I could try to find out why Dharma is freezing. No

With openelec there´s still plenty of annoying minor problems and with Dharma only installing is PITA. Dharma would be great on this hardware if I could install it and it wouldn´t freeze.

Hi, care to share what minor problems you have with OpenELEC? Maybe we can help you out? BTW, WLAN is now working for the XS35GT and enabling it is much eassier with the configuration-program-addon.

- Govnah - 2011-01-26

I used the Intel 80GB SSD and installed XBMC Live 10.0 on 2 Shuttles with out any issues at all....Just curious what SSD are you using?

BoxFreak Wrote:Oh, I was wrong, XBMC Dharma installer doesn´t recognize my SDD even if I´ve formatted it with GParted. Openelec installer sees it just fine.