Kodi Community Forum
[DEPRECIATED] XBMC Subtitles - Addon Script (previously OpenSubtitles OSD) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Subtitle Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=143)
+---- Thread: [DEPRECIATED] XBMC Subtitles - Addon Script (previously OpenSubtitles OSD) (/showthread.php?tid=75437)

Dharma 2 and Subtitle addon. Questions - ezbox - 2010-10-08

I am running Dharma beta 2 on MacOs, installed the subtitle addon and works a lot of times but not all the time. I have a few questions.

1. Does the addon download an SRT file and store in in the directory where the movie I am watching is located? or only downloads and store in memory for display then gets discarded.

2. How can I manually search for a subtitle if it does not appear automatically?

Thanks in advance,

Ezbox

- amet - 2010-10-08

ezbox Wrote:I am running Dharma beta 2 on MacOs, installed the subtitle addon and works a lot of times but not all the time. I have a few questions.

1. Does the addon download an SRT file and store in in the directory where the movie I am watching is located? or only downloads and store in memory for display then gets discarded.

2. How can I manually search for a subtitle if it does not appear automatically?

Thanks in advance,

Ezbox

1. yes, if you chose the option to do so

2. select it in advanced addon options

- snyft - 2010-10-08

So Xbmc subtitles dosent handle 2cd stacked avis? I was 100% it did.

- frater - 2010-10-09

As a feature request I would like to see http://www.nlondertitels.com/ incorporated.

Amet: In the past you spoke about uploading. It would really improve some of the libraries..

- mr_blobby - 2010-10-09

frater Wrote:As a feature request I would like to see http://www.nlondertitels.com/ incorporated.

Amet: In the past you spoke about uploading. It would really improve some of the libraries..
I've created the services for bierdopje.com and ondertitels.com.
Do you really find subtitles on nlonderitels.com that can't be found on the two existing sites?

- kispaljr - 2010-10-09

Amet Wrote:all these are documented in gui.py, script gets those from xbmc

thanks, that answered all my questions

Amet Wrote:you shouldnt need to worry about it, your service would download it to temp location and main script would take over, unpack,rename and move to the desired location.

I've got it in the meantime Smile

- frater - 2010-10-10

mr_blobby Wrote:I've created the services for bierdopje.com and ondertitels.com.
Do you really find subtitles on nlonderitels.com that can't be found on the two existing sites?

Yes I think so...

- mr_blobby - 2010-10-10

frater Wrote:Yes I think so...
Examples?

- amet - 2010-10-10

mr_blobby Wrote:Examples?

I have done it so many times, I can sit back and enjoy the show Smile

- rolandb5 - 2010-10-10

konan Wrote:First I am always seeing the message "Server is overloaded, try again later". Obviously the opensibtitles.org is not overloaded, I can easily access it from the browser.

Second when I click 'Menu' on my remote to exit the add-on window XBMC crushes with an exit code 6.

I am not sure if it's a known problem but it's been on Apple TV ever since the former OpenSubtitles script became an add-on.

I try every new version that comes out but so far unsuccessful. Do I need to log this as a bug? If yes, where?

Same issue, working perfectly on xbmc (OSX) on my Macbook. Run into the same on my ATV (linux). I'll try to get the log of my ATV, though it can take a while, being a linux rookie.

- amet - 2010-10-10

rolandb5 Wrote:Same issue, working perfectly on xbmc (OSX) on my Macbook. Run into the same on my ATV (linux). I'll try to get the log of my ATV, though it can take a while, being a linux rookie.

1.9.7 should be out in a few hours, it will hopefully fix the issues you are having. what ATV(linux) flavor are you using?post a debug log please.

LegendasTV issue - ecsousa - 2010-10-11

Hello,

There is an issue in LegendasTV provider, when the downloaded archive contains more than one subtitle. Here what happens:

The subtitles are downloaded and extracted to ~/.xbmc/userdata/addon_data/script.xbmc.subtitles/sub_tmp

If there is more than one subtitle, the script shows a dialog box to select subtitle, from the ~/.xbmc/temp/sub_tmp directory. Hence, no subtitles are shown (this happens in linux, I don't known if it works correctly in Windows).

I've tried to modify the service.py, but I couldn't get it to work correctly. I've came out with a workaround: I've created a symbolic link in ~/.xbmc/userdata/addon_data/script.xbmc.subtitles/sub_tmp pointing to ~/.xbmc/temp/sub_tmp (But I known, this is not the right solution).

- amet - 2010-10-11

ecsousa Wrote:Hello,

There is an issue in LegendasTV provider, when the downloaded archive contains more than one subtitle. Here what happens:

The subtitles are downloaded and extracted to ~/.xbmc/userdata/addon_data/script.xbmc.subtitles/sub_tmp

If there is more than one subtitle, the script shows a dialog box to select subtitle, from the ~/.xbmc/temp/sub_tmp directory. Hence, no subtitles are shown (this happens in linux, I don't known if it works correctly in Windows).

I've tried to modify the service.py, but I couldn't get it to work correctly. I've came out with a workaround: I've created a symbolic link in ~/.xbmc/userdata/addon_data/script.xbmc.subtitles/sub_tmp pointing to ~/.xbmc/temp/sub_tmp (But I known, this is not the right solution).

in LegendasTV/service.py look for :

Code:
    if len(legendas_tmp) > 1:
        dialog = xbmcgui.Dialog()
        subtitle = dialog.browse(1, 'XBMC', 'files', '', False, False, [color=red]'special://temp/sub_tmp/'[/color])
        if subtitle == [color=Red]"special://temp/sub_tmp/"[/color]: subtitle = ""
    elif legendas_tmp:
        subtitle = legendas_tmp[0]

and change it to

Code:
    if len(legendas_tmp) > 1:
        dialog = xbmcgui.Dialog()
        subtitle = dialog.browse(1, 'XBMC', 'files', '', False, False, [color=red]tmp_sub_dir[/color])
        if subtitle == [color=red]tmp_sub_dir[/color] : subtitle = ""
    elif legendas_tmp:
        subtitle = legendas_tmp[0]

not sure why these paths are hardcoded, tmp_sub_dir was always there

let me know if that works for you and I will push an update

Thanks!

Zeljko

- gfjardim - 2010-10-11

Amet Wrote:not sure why these paths are hardcoded, tmp_sub_dir was always there

let me know if that works for you and I will push an update

Thanks!

Zeljko

Hum, when I was running into trouble with the cleaning function, I used this special patch to try to resolve it, and forgot to change it back. Sorry for the lapse, will fix it and publish soon.

When the temp dir changed, the code broke....

- kjuu - 2010-10-11

Amet Wrote:SubtitleSource has been removed from the script, you sure you using the latest version? debug log has all the answers Smile
Code:
- removed: SubtitleSource due to the changes in their API

again, debug log please. we construct "Yes Man (2008)" from the xbmc title and year if "display file name in results page" is not selected. that almost never means that thats what we use for search.

there is a bit of a issue with "parent dir as search string", you need to select manually enter search string and use parent dir as search string for it to work. will look into it at some point.

EDIT: you can try version 1.9.4 from github if you feel like testing. parent folder search should be fixed now.

yay for forum search function Smile

Installed 1.9.7 and got rid of subtitlesource but still experiences problems with "parent folder search"

I checked the debug log and realized that it searches using the rar-file name instead of folder name:

Moviepath:
17:42:08 T:3628 M:1792737280 DEBUG: ### [XBMC Subtitles-gui] - File Path: [rar://c:\shared\movies\Yes.Man.720p.Bluray.x264-SEPTiC\s-yesman.rar/s-yesman.mkv]
And search string (when manually choosing parent folder):
17:42:18 T:3628 M:1786855424 DEBUG: ### [XBMC Subtitles-services.Subscene.service] - Search string = s-yesman

And, another thing, is it possible to have it to search using parent folder as default? Since (almost?) all 720p material I watch is represented on undertexter with the correct scene name.

And lastly Smile it would be great to always know what the search string is, even though it returns zero results. Or maybe won't be a problem when everything works ok! Smile

thanks guys!