Kodi Community Forum
[DEPRECIATED] XBMC Subtitles - Addon Script (previously OpenSubtitles OSD) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Subtitle Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=143)
+---- Thread: [DEPRECIATED] XBMC Subtitles - Addon Script (previously OpenSubtitles OSD) (/showthread.php?tid=75437)

- thereddog - 2011-04-05

Bummer, good thing I don't have to use it that often

- amet - 2011-04-05

thereddog Wrote:Bummer, good thing I don't have to use it that often

yeah, it started as no limit, then it went to 5 sec and is now on 45 Sad

I was thinking about adding the username/pass for it but it doesnt help much when you cant create it on their site. script could, but I cba to add it in tbh

heb subs service - andy100 - 2011-04-05

this is a very good plugin but i have a porbleme when i try to download from the site: sratim.co.il
evrey time i get the messege "no subtitle found" and if i serch on the site there is no probleme to find

can you add a new service for heb subs. such as http://www.subscenter.org

i try to add it by my self but i didn't get it to work

- adytum - 2011-04-05

amet Wrote:I think its not the XBMC Subtitle issue, but hard to tell without the debug log, if the addon downloads sub it is the issue with something else.

Sorry to pick this up again, about the problem in this thread with a debug log, but I've tried to research my problem with my limited abilities, since nobody appears to have anything to say about it. Now, after a complete reinstall and wipe of settings and appdata, I can manually select a subtitle most of the time and get it work correctly, but every time I use the addon, the wrong subtitle is diplayed in spite of showing the correct filename.

I wanted to pm you, amet, but figured you get enough of those, so I'll try a desperate cry for help in this thread instead, this problem is absolutely ridiculous. Sad

- amet - 2011-04-05

adytum Wrote:Sorry to pick this up again, about the problem in this thread with a debug log, but I've tried to research my problem with my limited abilities, since nobody appears to have anything to say about it. Now, after a complete reinstall and wipe of settings and appdata, I can manually select a subtitle most of the time and get it work correctly, but every time I use the addon, the wrong subtitle is diplayed in spite of showing the correct filename.

I wanted to pm you, amet, but figured you get enough of those, so I'll try a desperate cry for help in this thread instead, this problem is absolutely ridiculous. Sad

I'll try this again... attached log is not a debug log, read my signature on how to report issues properly so that you can receive proper help

- adytum - 2011-04-05

amet Wrote:I'll try this again... attached log is not a debug log, read my signature on how to report issues properly so that you can receive proper help

Wow, did I really post a normal log? I could swear I'd enabled debug logging. That's how it works, right, nothing more to it than enabling it and posting the xbmc.log?

..and now I can't reproduce the problem, the irony!

- amet - 2011-04-05

adytum Wrote:Wow, did I really post a normal log? I could swear I'd enabled debug logging. That's how it works, right, nothing more to it than enabling it and posting the xbmc.log?

..and now I can't reproduce the problem, the irony!

leave the debug logging on and enjoy the subtitles Big Grin

No background in subtitle search window? - superdog - 2011-04-06

Amet,
First of all, thanks for your great instruction. I have the subtitles working on my Apple TV.
At this point, this is only one thing a bit annoying to me:
In the OSD interface, when I open the search/download subtitles window, I can search different subtitles in different sources such as "opensubtitles" to search and download subtitles. It works but I don't know why there is no background (or I should say the background is transparent). I can see the text (e.g., the subtitles file names, etc) but I cannot see which one is selected. I can only guess now. Sad
I am using the "confluence" skin as you have in the pictures. I am not sure if this is because I accidentally change some skin settings or what.
Is there a way to fix this?
Thanks a lot!

- amet - 2011-04-06

superdog Wrote:Amet,
First of all, thanks for your great instruction. I have the subtitles working on my Apple TV.
At this point, this is only one thing a bit annoying to me:
In the OSD interface, when I open the search/download subtitles window, I can search different subtitles in different sources such as "opensubtitles" to search and download subtitles. It works but I don't know why there is no background (or I should say the background is transparent). I can see the text (e.g., the subtitles file names, etc) but I cannot see which one is selected. I can only guess now. Sad
I am using the "confluence" skin as you have in the pictures. I am not sure if this is because I accidentally change some skin settings or what.
Is there a way to fix this?
Thanks a lot!

Looks like something went wrong on installation, remove and reinstall should fix it

- superdog - 2011-04-06

Do you mean reinstalling XBMC, the skin, or the subtitles addon?

- amet - 2011-04-06

superdog Wrote:Do you mean reinstalling XBMC, the skin, or the subtitles addon?

just a subtitles addon, since thats whats giving you troubles Smile

- 0r3n - 2011-04-07

Hi,
i hope it's ok.
i just registered to say HUGE THANKS!!!!
i was searching for something like this so much time, then i left it... and now i see that u made it!!!
THANKS ! THANKS ! THANKS ! Nod Big Grin
0r3n.

- adytum - 2011-04-07

Is opensubtitles the only site of the addon where sub pack archives work?
Subscene often has the subs I want for a certain series, but only in zip archives that the addon doesn't show like it does with OS.

(still haven't manage to reproduce that previous issue, knock on wood Big Grin )

- cidus - 2011-04-08

Hello,

First of all thank you amet, the add-on is great, I love it and use it all the time.

I have two annoying bugs to report. Is this the place to report them?

The first one is with the OpenSubtitles downloader. My primary language is Brazilian Portuguese, and secondary is Portuguese. For some reason, most Portuguese entries that are found using the OpenSubtitles downloader are not downloaded. Coincidentally, the entries names always start with a ":" character. Maybe the plugin is trying to name the downloaded file like that? When I select the entry it says "Downloading subtitle" and never gets anything done. I have to close it and start again.

The second one is with the legendas.tv downloader. When the subtitle RAR has folders and/or filenames with accentuated characters (like é and ã), the archive navigator won't show the folder/file name; they will be cut just before the first accentuated character. For example, this subtitle: http://legendas.tv/info.php?d=5453a6ccca53c65cd98dbe1b0fc66eba&c=1

The archive has two folders: "MÚSICAS EM INGLÊS" and "MÚSICAS EM PORTUGUÊS".

Both folders will show just "M" for their name.

- amet - 2011-04-08

cidus Wrote:Hello,

First of all thank you amet, the add-on is great, I love it and use it all the time.

I have two annoying bugs to report. Is this the place to report them?

The first one is with the OpenSubtitles downloader. My primary language is Brazilian Portuguese, and secondary is Portuguese. For some reason, most Portuguese entries that are found using the OpenSubtitles downloader are not downloaded. Coincidentally, the entries names always start with a ":" character. Maybe the plugin is trying to name the downloaded file like that? When I select the entry it says "Downloading subtitle" and never gets anything done. I have to close it and start again.

The second one is with the legendas.tv downloader. When the subtitle RAR has folders and/or filenames with accentuated characters (like é and ã), the archive navigator won't show the folder/file name; they will be cut just before the first accentuated character. For example, this subtitle: http://legendas.tv/info.php?d=5453a6ccca53c65cd98dbe1b0fc66eba&c=1

The archive has two folders: "MÚSICAS EM INGLÊS" and "MÚSICAS EM PORTUGUÊS".

Both folders will show just "M" for their name.

please post a debug log while this is happening