Kodi Community Forum
[DEPRECIATED] XBMC Subtitles - Addon Script (previously OpenSubtitles OSD) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Subtitle Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=143)
+---- Thread: [DEPRECIATED] XBMC Subtitles - Addon Script (previously OpenSubtitles OSD) (/showthread.php?tid=75437)

- flex1986 - 2011-04-10

Really love this addon works great, but is it maybe possible to support the following website to support Chinese subtitles.

http://www.shooter.cn/

I am not familiar with developing in python otherwise I would look into that myself.

- bradvido88 - 2011-04-11

amet Wrote:hehe, I have only found 2 part movies to test with Smile didnt know that 3 part existed...
Any plans to support more than 2 part movies?

- amet - 2011-04-11

bradvido88 Wrote:Any plans to support more than 2 part movies?

Not at the moment , would have to find a movie that's done in 3 parts and that the 3 part sub is available for it. Will look, but no promisses

- Pete7 - 2011-04-11

Is there a way to get XBMC Subtitles to run automatically for every movie?

- amet - 2011-04-11

Pete7 Wrote:Is there a way to get XBMC Subtitles to run automatically for every movie?

no, there isn't

- UserInterface - 2011-04-12

amet Wrote:if you have enabled it in skin, all you need to do is click on subtitle button on OSD, which I dont know what it looks like in Rapier

I am unsure if your last post relates to me, but I can not see how to use this plugin.

I have added it, then enabled it in addons. I have configured it. but when i am playing a show and select subtiles from the menu, there is nothing there that lets me search. Just the usual. If i push T is says disabled..

any ideas?

- amet - 2011-04-12

UserInterface Wrote:I am unsure if your last post relates to me, but I can not see how to use this plugin.

I have added it, then enabled it in addons. I have configured it. but when i am playing a show and select subtiles from the menu, there is nothing there that lets me search. Just the usual. If i push T is says disabled..

any ideas?

- mr_blobby - 2011-04-12

UserInterface Wrote:I am unsure if your last post relates to me, but I can not see how to use this plugin.

any ideas?
I can't find the Rapier skin in the official skins addon repository, so i guess you downloaded it from here.
When I look at the skin files, I see that it hasn't been updated to support the xbmc subtitltes script.
In fact, it has got the old, outdated "opensubtitles_osd" script hardcoded in the skin Sad !
What you need to do, is edit this file: Rapier\720p\VideoOSDSettings.xml
and change this line:

<onclick>RunScript(special://home/scripts/OpenSubtitles_OSD/default.py, [TV]$INFO[VideoPlayer.Season] $INFO[VideoPlayer.Episode] $INFO[VideoPlayer.TVshowtitle][/TV])</onclick>

to:

<onclick>XBMC.RunScript(script.xbmc.subtitles)</onclick>

and change this line:

<onclick>RunScript(special://home/scripts/OpenSubtitles_OSD/default.py, [MOVIE]$INFO[VideoPlayer.Title][/MOVIE])</onclick>

to:

<onclick>XBMC.RunScript(script.xbmc.subtitles)</onclick>

After these changes, the script can be run by pressing a button:

I don't have any of those kind of buttons.. I have attached a screen shot of what I have..

I think my skin might be different..
sorry i really don't know much about XBMC, thats why i use it, its all just so simple..

Sorry 2secs after i posted that my friend pointed out that it is the night skin.

I looked in the repositry that you posted, and can see night but am unsure what to do with it.
If its a stupid question please ignore I will try searching for it after i make this post..

- mr_blobby - 2011-04-12

UserInterface Wrote:I don't have any of those kind of buttons.. I have attached a screen shot of what I have..

sorry i really don't know much about XBMC, thats why i use it, its all just so simple..

Which skin is it and where did you get it from?

- amet - 2011-04-12

UserInterface Wrote:I don't have any of those kind of buttons.. I have attached a screen shot of what I have..

Sorry 2secs after i posted that my friend pointed out that it is the night skin.

I looked in the repositry that you posted, and can see night but am unsure what to do with it.
If its a stupid question please ignore I will try searching for it after i make this post..

amet Wrote:Image

Awesome!! I have to be honest I didn't try it as the button on both ends normally are not selectable. I guess when I activated that other spot it came on..

Thanks heaps for that!! Been driving me crazy trying to work it out.

I have one last question that I quickly want to ask here as this seems to be the most knowledgeable spot on subs.
Does anyone know of a site that holds what I believe are called hard subs?
Its for when you have a English show that has small amounts of non-english speaking parts. This is so that you only get English subs for just the parts you need. I have looked everywhere for years but have so far only found 2 shows that have this.

- amet - 2011-04-12

UserInterface Wrote:Awesome!! I have to be honest I didn't try it as the button on both ends normally are not selectable. I guess when I activated that other spot it came on..

Thanks heaps for that!! Been driving me crazy trying to work it out.

I have one last question that I quickly want to ask here as this seems to be the most knowledgeable spot on subs.
Does anyone know of a site that holds what I believe are called hard subs?
Its for when you have a English show that has small amounts of non-english speaking parts. This is so that you only get English subs for just the parts you need. I have looked everywhere for years but have so far only found 2 shows that have this.

try opensubtitles or podnapisi website for that. it will say hard subs next to it I think

glad you worked it out Smile

- mendez01 - 2011-04-14

Hi, Im new on this and try to find out on the blog how to configure XBMC subtitles, I installed the addon, and activated on the VIDEO OSD, also I checked if it subs were activated in all places, finally I also checked the video config to discard the chance that the subs were to low to watch them, and still nothing, can´t make the subs work.

On the process the addon locate the subs, download them and when i check, it tells me that they are activated, but nothing happens. On the xbmc. log I got this:

***Log removed***

- amet - 2011-04-14

mendez01 Wrote:Hi, Im new on this and try to find out on the blog how to configure XBMC subtitles, I installed the addon, and activated on the VIDEO OSD, also I checked if it subs were activated in all places, finally I also checked the video config to discard the chance that the subs were to low to watch them, and still nothing, can´t make the subs work.

On the process the addon locate the subs, download them and when i check, it tells me that they are activated, but nothing happens. On the xbmc. log I got this:

***Log removed***
Pastebin the full debug log while using the addon