Kodi Community Forum
v12 reFocus 0.9.5 for Frodo (deprecated) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: reFocus (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=72)
+----- Thread: v12 reFocus 0.9.5 for Frodo (deprecated) (/showthread.php?tid=75867)

- nickritus - 2010-06-26

Jeroen Wrote:@nickritus: nice job. So the pictures on startup used to work and now they don't?
That's really odd. Are you using 0.8.1?
I'll have to check the other things when I get home.

I've got a pretty good idea what was happening with the startup image, and it's not happening anymore. I think it was simply a case of the image not loading in time. Seemed when I was capping video it was putting a bit of strain my little ION htpc, you could see it taking ages to load fanart too.

The second thing is still an issue though. Having looked at it again, it's when I'm focused on the "..." entry in the list. I guess this should display the "On Air" default art rather than the nasty stretched video snapshot.

- >>X<< - 2010-06-26

Jeroen Wrote:I like it, I'm going to adjust the view. Thanks Smile

Glad it looks ok I guess the posterSlideFocus needs a little adjustment didn't notice the little gap on the left of the focused poster guess it depends how fussy you are me I'm terrible Rolleyes

- Jeroen - 2010-06-26

Xepo Wrote:This is f'ing great man =)
Bedankt Smile

nickritus Wrote:Seemed when I was capping video it was putting a bit of strain my little ION htpc, you could see it taking ages to load fanart too.
Thanks for reporting back, glad it's ok for you.

Quote:The second thing is still an issue though.
Yeah, I checked that and it's working like it should for me. So I probably fixed that after 0.8.1 (it's hard to keep track Smile)

>>X<<' Wrote:Glad it looks ok I guess the posterSlideFocus needs a little adjustment didn't notice the little gap on the left of the focused poster guess it depends how fussy you are me I'm terrible Rolleyes
Yeah, I took care of that too Smile

I spent some time redoing all of the media flag icons and adjusting their sizing. They have more depth to them now. Well, they didn't have any depth before, just flat. I wanted to keep the effects subtle though or else I feel they would look out of place. Also added VideoAspect flagging. The picture is showing the movie info screen, not going to load up the views with all of the icons.

- mots - 2010-06-26

This is one of the most awesome skins for xbmc! Feels very professional, great work!
The only thing that ruins it for me is the main menu; the animation feels kind of sluggish and the look-and-feel doesn't really fit with the blue-ish color scheme of the skin, imo. Any chance of getting an alaska-like alternative, based on one of those two views?

(this is the alaska main menu, in case you don't know it)

Please, don't take it as offence, it's just a matter of personal preference!

- Jeroen - 2010-06-26

Galefury Wrote:In movie library, gallery view, there's no info if a movie collection, just a dot. Maybe add something like "3 movies" or "3 movies/2 unwatched" ?

I've looked into this, but there doesn't seem to be a way (yet) I can, on a skin level, distinguish a movieset from a regular movie listitem. The feature is quite new, so maybe the feature will be improved upon. Unless I am missing something and someone can prove me wrong.
I'll keep it in mind and ask around about it later.

- Arcanthur - 2010-06-26

Jeroen Wrote:I've looked into this, but there doesn't seem to be a way (yet) I can, on a skin level, distinguish a movieset from a regular movie listitem. The feature is quite new, so maybe the feature will be improved upon. Unless I am missing something and someone can prove me wrong.
I'll keep it in mind and ask around about it later.

This is what Xperience and Fusion uses:

PHP Code:
<visible>Control.IsVisible(512) + IsEmpty(ListItem.foldername) + !substring(Container.Listitem.Label,..,left)</visible

This allows you to have "collection" specific labels and/or images. But there is currently no way to tell the contents of each collection without viewing it. Devs say it will slow down xbmc way to much to have something like a ListItem.CollectionInfo .

- Jeroen - 2010-06-26

Arcanthur Wrote:This is what Xperience and Fusion uses:

PHP Code:
<visible>Control.IsVisible(512) + IsEmpty(ListItem.foldername) + !substring(Container.Listitem.Label,..,left)</visible

This allows you to have "collection" specific labels and/or images. But there is currently no way to tell the contents of each collection without viewing it. Devs say it will slow down xbmc way to much to have something like a ListItem.CollectionInfo .

Ah, I'm having a doh moment Big Grin Smart, thanks a bunch mate! Smile

- Jeroen - 2010-06-26

mots Wrote:This is one of the most awesome skins for xbmc! Feels very professional, great work!
The only thing that ruins it for me is the main menu; the animation feels kind of sluggish and the look-and-feel doesn't really fit with the blue-ish color scheme of the skin, imo. Any chance of getting an alaska-like alternative, based on one of those two views?

Please, don't take it as offence, it's just a matter of personal preference!

None taken, I'm glad you like the rest of it Wink

I'm not excluding the possibility of an alternate homescreen, but if I will, it is way down on the priority list.

Can't say I agree on it not fitting. It has the same fonts and the same selected item image as the rest of the skin. And the gallery view doesn't have any blue in it either. It's probably a consequence of there being not a whole lot of elements to begin with, so there will be a smaller amount of elements to have in common with other parts of the skin.

Giving the homescreen the same blue look would go against one of the principles behind the skin. Which is, if you're going to show fanart/backdrops show them as much as possible without 100 things covering it up. The homescreen is a good place to do that imo. Of course there's an option to show fanart behind the blue background in several viewtypes but it is purely decorative and to give some depth, it's not the center piece of attention.

I'm not a fan of homescreen menus where I have to "guess" what item is coming up next. I should be able to see where I want to go at a glance without having to think about it. Sure, once you're using a skin for a while you will get used to it and know how many clicks you have to go but that's not really my way of thinking.

In reFocus I wanted to have a homemenu concept similar to the one in the first Focus skin and keep that one's organic feel, but adress the issues it had (difficult localization, using deprecated xbmc control elements, limited user customization)

So, if there wil ever be an alternate homescreen, it will be something else than that. Something like the wii menu has crossed my mind one time (without the kiddie styling ofc)

About the sluggish animation, I can't see that really. Or do you mean when entering the homescreen coming back from a different window? (because in recent xbmc nightly builds this happens for me with confluence too)

BTW I don't mean to attack your proposition/question, I just wanted to explain the reasoning behind the menu Smile

- Sinnocence - 2010-06-26

Any ETA on 0.8.2? Judging by the build log you've addressed the majority of things that prevented me switching to reFocus.

- jmarshall - 2010-06-27

I think there's a listitem.isfolder or similar available which might make the set check a little more efficient?

- MeqTrader - 2010-06-27

Loving this skin more and more, 1 more question, when I press info during video playback there's no background on the info, is there a possibility to get this as a solid light grey/white color like to fit in nicely, the info is pretty hard to read without one for me.

hmm, on second thought, I seem to recall that beeing there so is this perhaps a SVN bug or am I imagining things

- Jeroen - 2010-06-27

Sinnocence Wrote:Any ETA on 0.8.2? Judging by the build log you've addressed the majority of things that prevented me switching to reFocus.
The problem is the list tends to grow Big Grin
There's still a couple of beefy ones to take care of. The time needed for those is mostly spent on evaluating/decision making rather than coding though.
So no definite ETA yet, but as an estimate I would say 1 or 2 weeks.

jmarshall Wrote:I think there's a listitem.isfolder or similar available which might make the set check a little more efficient?
Cheers Smile

MeqTrader Wrote:Loving this skin more and more, 1 more question, when I press info during video playback there's no background on the info, is there a possibility to get this as a solid light grey/white color like to fit in nicely, the info is pretty hard to read without one for me.

hmm, on second thought, I seem to recall that beeing there so is this perhaps a SVN bug or am I imagining things

Hm, there should definitely be a background texture like below:

Which rev are you on?

- MeqTrader - 2010-06-27

pre-10.5 r31371 is what I am running atm

- MeqTrader - 2010-06-27

Nvm I re-re-re-uploaded the 0.8.1 release and that solved my problem :S app some lost bits somewhere on the network.

- Jeroen - 2010-06-27

Maybe you had xbmc running at the time of updating the skin? Sometimes when I want to upload a new version of reFocus to my htpc I forget that it's running on there. The upload then seems to go fine, but it will not have updated all of the textures correctly.

Anyway, glad it's working correctly for you again.