Kodi Community Forum
v12 reFocus 0.9.5 for Frodo (deprecated) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: reFocus (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=72)
+----- Thread: v12 reFocus 0.9.5 for Frodo (deprecated) (/showthread.php?tid=75867)

- Sranshaft - 2011-08-31

Just about to try out the new homescreen. I downloaded the commit before last and was just about to fire off a message to you about it being missing from it. Good to see it's in there and ready to go now. Smile

As always, I'll let you know if I come across any bugs. One thing I'm still getting used to, and it's personal opinion of course, is the new dialog for poster / fanart. I really prefer the old, one row dialog for posters. The new one makes things a little too small to clearly see on my 32" inch screen. I realize it's a bit of a trade-off being able to see more at once but I never felt it was a hassle to scroll over to see more.

I had a think about this and wonder if a text list with a single image to the right would be a better solution? This would tie in to what you've done with the shutdown dialog and the source dialog.

Anyway, the homescreen is another great addition to already excellent skin. Thanks a lot for all the hard work you've put into this so far. Things can only get even better from here.

- Jeroen - 2011-08-31

Slurrrp Wrote:Yep, the new home is verrrry nice!! But for me also verrrrry slowww..
it's unusable... using latest nightlies. Is this a known problem?

Yeah Big Grin the animation was made slow intentionally in order to demonstrate a problem I was having with animations to pieh.

If you do a pull from git now, it will be at normal speed Smile

Please note that the menu is not definitive yet though.

- Sranshaft - 2011-08-31

Oh, one thing I forgot to mention in my last comment - the edit button in the movie information dialog didn't seem to do anything in the last commit. I'll try again with the new commit but thought I'd give a heads up if this hadn't been addressed.

- Jeroen - 2011-08-31

Sranshaft Wrote:One thing I'm still getting used to, and it's personal opinion of course, is the new dialog for poster / fanart. I really prefer the old, one row dialog for posters. The new one makes things a little too small to clearly see on my 32" inch screen. I realize it's a bit of a trade-off being able to see more at once but I never felt it was a hassle to scroll over to see more.

I had a think about this and wonder if a text list with a single image to the right would be a better solution? This would tie in to what you've done with the shutdown dialog and the source dialog.

I'm still in doubt over it too. As selecting a poster or fanart image is very much a visual process I feel it made sense to indeed show a bit more at once. But indeed, the differences between images are harder to notice.
So, maybe it will be changed back and the text list is worth trying out too, although it would contradict the whole visual selection argument.
Ah, compromises are a b*tch Big Grin

Sranshaft Wrote:Oh, one thing I forgot to mention in my last comment - the edit button in the movie information dialog didn't seem to do anything in the last commit. I'll try again with the new commit but thought I'd give a heads up if this hadn't been addressed.
Should be working now, I forgot to commit a new xml. This part is also subject to change btw.

- Slurrrp - 2011-08-31

Jeroen Wrote:Yeah Big Grin the animation was made slow intentionally in order to demonstrate a problem I was having with animations to pieh.

If you do a pull from git now, it will be at normal speed Smile

Please note that the menu is not definitive yet though.

Tnx.. it's ok now Smile I know, did hesitate to ask, because you don't support git (yet).

- loggio - 2011-09-01

Hi Jeroen,

Just pulled the new skin for a test and LOVING IT!!! now using Focus as my main skin, the home screen was the only thing holding me back! (and no watched TICK indicators in TV-Shows, i never know where the hell i'm up to in watching a series)

Also,

Just letting you know that RSS feeds in your last few gitpulls have not been working, the dark transparent bar is there but there's no feed.
Pretty pointless calling this a "BUG" as it's Git, but just incase you are unaware (or dont use RSS)

Also,
when in full screen video and bring up the InfoOSD, to the left of a Movie/TV-Show it shows the Studio logo... Is there a way to get it to show Thumbnail, i thought it use to show thumbnail, or am i mistaken? ... Either way, do you plan to add this?

(EDIT*1)

Also,
When i boot XBMC it brings up your intro animation, but then it sits at a black screen, i have to activate a menu on my remote in order for the skin to be displayed...
However, if i remove the Intro animation the skin loads as normal. Looks like a skin problem to me... But cannot be certain as im using Dushmaniacs pre-eden PVR Builds, so it could also be XBMC.

(EDIT*2)

I've noticed after a few hours use that the home menu becomes a little confusing in regards to highlighted items... I find my eyes are drawn to the "now playing" light blue part of the menu as well as the submenu, instead of the actual highlighted selection.
Would it be posible to make the home highlighted selection white, just like in your file manager view? i think that would stand out much better.

(EDIT*3)

I've also noticed that the transition between wallpaper when using "set custom slideshow" path is odd, compared to the "use fanart slideshow" transition, which is quite smooth. In-case you're unaware :-P

Cheers,
Loggio.

- loggio - 2011-09-01

Here is what i had in mind.

Your thoughts?

EDIT*

Also, something like this for PVR channel list perhaps?

- deanmv - 2011-09-01

Jeroen,

It is running in full screen mode when the playback is poor. I didn't think the skin would be a problem as it wouldn't really be in use when playing the video (or am I completely wrong here) but as soon as I switch back to defaults everything is smooth? I will just wait and see if an update fixes anything or would a debug log be any good?

New update concepts are looking great by the way!

Thanks

- Jeroen - 2011-09-01

loggio Wrote:when in full screen video and bring up the InfoOSD, to the left of a Movie/TV-Show it shows the Studio logo... Is there a way to get it to show Thumbnail, i thought it use to show thumbnail, or am i mistaken? ... Either way, do you plan to add this?
There's never been a thumbnail there, although I believe a mod for this was floating around. Don't think I'll be adding that tbh. But it should be an easy thing to mod.

Quote:When i boot XBMC it brings up your intro animation, but then it sits at a black screen, i have to activate a menu on my remote in order for the skin to be displayed...
However, if i remove the Intro animation the skin loads as normal. Looks like a skin problem to me... But cannot be certain as im using Dushmaniacs pre-eden PVR Builds, so it could also be XBMC.
Might be because of the PVR builds being behind on the master branch of xbmc as this has been reported before and I have experienced it too. But lately that problem has not reappeared for me.

Quote:I've noticed after a few hours use that the home menu becomes a little confusing in regards to highlighted items... I find my eyes are drawn to the "now playing" light blue part of the menu as well as the submenu, instead of the actual highlighted selection.
Would it be posible to make the home highlighted selection white, just like in your file manager view? i think that would stand out much better.
Yeah I get what you mean. Maybe the now playing part will get a different color, it was added really quickly yesterday.

I wanted to make the selection white before. The problem is that the new homemenu is using a grouplist with white textures and they are colored by using a colordiffuse. And a colordiffuse is applied to both the unfocused and focused states of a button, it can't be separate.
Only way to get around it is using pre-colored textures. But I couldn't get the colors right yet, and I would prefer to use a colordiffuse to allow easy color theming as a feature at some point. In any case something will be figured out Smile

Quote:I've also noticed that the transition between wallpaper when using "set custom slideshow" path is odd, compared to the "use fanart slideshow" transition, which is quite smooth. In-case you're unaware :-P
Odd in which way? Slower? The custom slideshow will always be a bit slower because the images aren't cached, whereas the fanart slideshow images are. You can see this in the banner view if you're using locally stored banner.jpg's too. XBMC doesn't cache those images, so they have to be read from the filesystem constantly, resulting in significantly slower performance.

loggio Wrote:Here is what i had in mind.
Your thoughts?
It's worth trying out different sizes for selected items like that, have them inset or outset, maybe a different shape. I'll try some stuff out.

Quote:Also, something like this for PVR channel list perhaps?
Yes I'll be focusing more on the PVR after the new homemenu. Then it's time to adress the channel logo issues.

deanmv Wrote:Jeroen,

It is running in full screen mode when the playback is poor. I didn't think the skin would be a problem as it wouldn't really be in use when playing the video (or am I completely wrong here) but as soon as I switch back to defaults everything is smooth? I will just wait and see if an update fixes anything or would a debug log be any good?

New update concepts are looking great by the way!

Thanks
Strange, I can't really think of anything skin related causing this, certainly not in full screen mode. Yes, maybe a debug log could give a clue.

- loggio - 2011-09-02

Hi there

Yeah the transitions in cutom fanart are as if they don't even exist. It just changes to the next image without fading. Regardless of 1080 or 720

Cheers.

- Jeroen - 2011-09-02

Ah, I think I know what might be causing it. I'll have a look when I get home tonight.

- wolfodeiwolfy - 2011-09-02

Jeroen Wrote:Please try a newer nightly build. A month is a year in the world of skinning Big Grin

I updated xbmc to the yesterday nightly and there is no changes in refocus.

How can I get the last git version ?

w2w

- Jeroen - 2011-09-02

You can get it here

- wolfodeiwolfy - 2011-09-02

thanks a lot, I've never take care of the download button

- Jeroen - 2011-09-03

loggio Wrote:Hi there

Yeah the transitions in cutom fanart are as if they don't even exist. It just changes to the next image without fading. Regardless of 1080 or 720

Cheers.

Jeroen Wrote:Ah, I think I know what might be causing it. I'll have a look when I get home tonight.

I looked at this, but I didn't find anything out of the ordinary in the code. The transition times are the same for both the fanart and the custom slideshow.
I did notice the quite abrupt transition though. Increasing the transition time made the transition time longer, but the initial opening of the images remained as abrupt as before.
But when I let it idle for a while the transitions started to appear smooth again.