Kodi Community Forum
v12 reFocus 0.9.5 for Frodo (deprecated) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: reFocus (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=72)
+----- Thread: v12 reFocus 0.9.5 for Frodo (deprecated) (/showthread.php?tid=75867)

- Jeroen - 2010-06-27

Preview of a viewtype I'm thinking of adding for episodes. It started out as a viewtype specifically for addons but that didn't work out the way I wanted. It's basically a rebuild of a view in the first Focus skin which I really liked at the time. At the moment it's a fixedlist using the <movement> advices made earlier in the thread to see if I like it. The normal list view will most likely become a normal list though.

- MaDDoGo - 2010-06-27

Hi,

I love this new view and I have some questions about locales.

I am spanish and I'm translating the skin (I can upload if anyone is interested) and I have a question. In info view there is the airing date but it is in YYYY-MM-DD format. Is there any chance to change it to auto-format?

Another question is about Unseen eps. Is there any chance to put the whole text into a string instead of <label>$INFO[ListItem.Property(UnWatchedEpisodes)] $LOCALIZE[16101] $LOCALIZE[20360]</label>

Thank you for your skin and your time.

- Jeroen - 2010-06-27

MaDDoGo Wrote:Hi,

I love this new view and I have some questions about locales.

I am spanish and I'm translating the skin (I can upload if anyone is interested)
I'm interested Smile I don't speak Spanish but it's always nice to have translations available in the skin. I'd like to include it in the skin package (with credit to you of course). Be warned though that not all strings are used anymore and some could change. I have to clean it up some time.

Quote:and I have a question. In info view there is the airing date but it is in YYYY-MM-DD format. Is there any chance to change it to auto-format?
No that's not possible I'm afraid. I would like to change that too (I believe I made a trac ticket for the xbmc devs to allow this at some point). It's not something that can be changed on a skin level in any case.

Quote:Another question is about Unseen eps. Is there any chance to put the whole text into a string instead of <label>$INFO[ListItem.Property(UnWatchedEpisodes)] $LOCALIZE[16101] $LOCALIZE[20360]</label>
I want to make use of XBMC's built in strings as much as possible. But if this is needed for your translation because for instance the order of words is different in Spanish then I will change it.

Quote:Thank you for your skin and your time.
You're welcome

- MaDDoGo - 2010-06-28

Hi and thank you for answering so fast. About date thing I think it'll be cool to be auto-formated by XBMC and not scraper depending.

About translation, here is the strings.xml (LINK). This is a temporary version until I have used the skin for a while and i've already seen all translations.

Quote:I want to make use of XBMC's built in strings as much as possible. But if this is needed for your translation because for instance the order of words is different in Spanish then I will change it.

You can use XBMC standard strings but if you put the string in strings.xml I can change the order when I am translating it. Laugh

Thanks again because I love this skin.

PS: I already made a change into the skin and added a banner.jpg compatibility. This is a very easy mod and allow to use poster and banner without breaking the skin to people that only have banners.

Code:
Line 984:                     <texture diffuse="frames/bannerFrameMaskAlt.png" fallback="defaultBanner.png">$INFO[ListItem.Path,,banner.jpg]</texture>

Changing this we have only banner.jpg compat. But if we duplicate the control, and add a visibility condition with a setting we have compat for both styles and with no difficulty.

Cheers!

- azido - 2010-06-28

Jeroen Wrote:Image

uh.. great new skin, my friend! congrats on that..

Just 2 things that come in my mind while testing it:

1. that "all lowercase" text might be stylish, but makes reading a bit harder. at least in my opinion.

2. get rid of the blue background Wink it just reminds too much of windows media center..

else: nice, fresh ideas! keep on mate.

- ISYM - 2010-06-28

That new viewtype for episodes looks good.
And the Blue background for me is nice and elegant looking. Fit's well into the theme.
But that's just me Smile

- Galefury - 2010-06-28

I like the blue background too. But no one's keeping you to change it, azido.
Dunno if somebody mentioned this already, but the busy/working animations looks a bit funny. (r31440, win7 32 bit)

- Jeroen - 2010-06-28

MaDDoGo Wrote:About translation, here is the strings.xml (LINK). This is a temporary version until I have used the skin for a while and i've already seen all translations.
Cool, thanks Smile Feel free to post or PM me updated versions.

azido Wrote:uh.. great new skin, my friend! congrats on that..
Hi, nice to see you around the forums again Smile

Quote:1. that "all lowercase" text might be stylish, but makes reading a bit harder. at least in my opinion.
An alternate fontset will be provided later for areas with long text to have normal case.

Quote:2. get rid of the blue background Wink it just reminds too much of windows media center..
What can I say.. I like blue Wink Also, I feel blue has sort of become a color that belongs in Focus skins. But like said it's easily changeable. Once I'm at/near 1.0 I will be adding probably two alternate themes and make custom themes very easy even though it's quite easy now.

Quote:else: nice, fresh ideas! keep on mate.
Thanks Smile

Galefury Wrote:Dunno if somebody mentioned this already, but the busy/working animations looks a bit funny. (r31440, win7 32 bit)
Yeah I've noticed that too. I think it has something to do with xbmc itself. Because at first it was real jerky like it is now, then I updated and it was nice and smooth, but after some more updates it's acting funky again. Besides there's not much you can do wrong with the animation. It's basically just one control that displays a sequence of images.

- azido - 2010-06-28

Galefury Wrote:I like the blue background too. But no one's keeping you to change it, azido.
Dunno if somebody mentioned this already, but the busy/working animations looks a bit funny. (r31440, win7 32 bit)

while writing this, i am already testing some ideas on it Wink

I Have to admit i always loved the simplicity in Jeroen's skins.

- azido - 2010-06-28

Jeroen Wrote:Hi, nice to see you around the forums again Smile

An alternate fontset will be provided later for areas with long text to have normal case.

What can I say.. I like blue Wink Also, I feel blue has sort of become a color that belongs in Focus skins. But like said it's easily changeable. Once I'm at/near 1.0 I will be adding probably two alternate themes and make custom themes very easy even though it's quite easy now.

Yeah, it has been quite some busy times.. nice to be remembered Smile

Already fooling around on your skin Tongue i really love your concept. Seems like xbmc has been undergoing many changes these days, mainly switching to an addon system. I have to get familiar to that..

- Jeroen - 2010-06-29

One of the ideas I'm playing around with for an add-ons view.
The problem with addons/plugins/scripts is that there's no standard at all as far as icons are concerned. One has a square icon, the other a banner like icon, big, small, good res, bad res, etc. So then you become either very limited in what type of views you can use them in or having to accept things looking very inconsistent. I prefer to choose neither.
So the thing here is to use stringcompares to call alternate icons so there's a more unified look. Drawbacks: creating icons for every addon released and it's sort of a hack. So, I'm not sure about if I want to go there.

I'll get back to fixing stuff soon, I promise Wink

azido Wrote:Yeah, it has been quite some busy times.. nice to be remembered Smile

Already fooling around on your skin Tongue i really love your concept. Seems like xbmc has been undergoing many changes these days, mainly switching to an addon system. I have to get familiar to that..
Same here. Been working on and off on this in silence Wink

- mcborzu - 2010-06-29

I always thought of the same thing...I want to create a pretty interface, like a Aeon Showcase-ish type view, for addons/plugins/scripts but the wide variety of thumbs forces you into using a ratio="keep" but that doesn't keep things nice and uniformed.

- jmarshall - 2010-06-29

I'm sure if you all get together and come up with a decent standard for the icons the plugin authors will be quite happy to take them.

Cheers,
Jonathan

- ppic - 2010-06-29

jmarshall Wrote:I'm sure if you all get together and come up with a decent standard for the icons the plugin authors will be quite happy to take them.

Cheers,
Jonathan

for sure !Rolleyes

- rcoops - 2010-06-29

A silly comment most likely but...

Why not specify a set of icons? Lets say Banner, Poster, Square...

It doesn't matter what is decided upon right now in the near future there will be a skin that will want to have a different format, if a few basic shapes are already agreed upon then the risk of a skin having to resort to a hack become far smaller.

Asside from that let me just say that really, really like the look of the refocus skin and that I am very much looking forward to it's release. I have a test instance running already and it looks beautiful. As soon as a few more bugs are squashed I will likely use it as the skin for my htpc. Big Grin