Kodi Community Forum
v12 reFocus 0.9.5 for Frodo (deprecated) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: reFocus (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=72)
+----- Thread: v12 reFocus 0.9.5 for Frodo (deprecated) (/showthread.php?tid=75867)

- TheStretchedElf - 2011-09-24

Jeroen Wrote:In HomeMenu.xml, add a line to set the default control for the container, so like:

PHP Code:
<include name="HomeMenu">
    <
control type="list" id="9000">
    <
defaultcontrol always="true">5</defaultcontrol>

This will have it focus on tv shows always, even when exiting back to home from, for example, movies.

If you leave out the always="true" it will only focus on tv shows only on entering the homemenu for the first time, so after startup.

If you have disabled submenus, the ID should be 6 instead of 5
I've been busily hacking myself a horizontal menu and this has me stumped at the moment. No matter what I set the default control to it is always 5 on my profile and 15 (actually the next menu item along to 5) in my kids profile. Any ideas what might be causing this?

- MaDDoGo - 2011-09-24

TheStretchedElf Wrote:I've been busily hacking myself a horizontal menu and this has me stumped at the moment. No matter what I set the default control to it is always 5 on my profile and 15 (actually the next menu item along to 5) in my kids profile. Any ideas what might be causing this?

Wow, TheStretchedElf can you share any screenshots of the progress you've made with the horizontal menu?

Thanks Smile

- djwhite - 2011-09-24

nemulate Wrote:https://github.com/jeroenpardon/skin.refocus

I'm a complete noob to github, Huh so any help as to what to do with it on my atv2 would be much appreciated.

- nemulate - 2011-09-24

Isn't there a download link on that page that let's you doenload the whole skin package? You'll have to read on the ATV forum section where to extract it to as I'm on Windows.

MaDDoGo Wrote:Wow, TheStretchedElf can you share any screenshots of the progress you've made with the horizontal menu?

Thanks Smile

Sure, though I should say it probably won't lend itself well to sharing since it's all hardcoded to my preferences, favourites, plugins etc, as you can see from the screenshots. It's a template that could be re-hacked, of course.

Image Image Image Image Image

I'm also tinkering with the Welcome/Login screen and a DialogueButtonMenu (what you get on some skins with "s").

Image Image

- Jimmeh - 2011-09-24

Tested the latest git again today and wanted to drop by and say how much I like the new reordered menu.

I can see the amount of work going into this on the commit page, and I wanted to express my gratitude Smile

- Jeroen - 2011-09-24

After some frustrations getting it to work, I finished my repository add-on. You can get it here.

Right now the repository only lists the current official reFocus release (0.9.1), but when new official updates are released you will be able to update reFocus from within XBMC.

A couple of things to take into account:
  • Only official stable releases will be made available through the add-on (this will not update from git)
  • Current and future stable releases installed from the repository add-on will be installed in a different skin folder than before. The folder will be xbmc\addons\skin.refocus.release. This way unstable releases from git can be installed in skin.refocus, and kept separate from the stable release. So if you currently have a git release installed, you should be able to install the current stable release from the add-on without overwriting the git version and possible personal mods you made or installed.
  • From now on Git versions will have "-git" appended to the version number so you can tell the difference in your installed skins list, if you have both installed.

- wolfbiker - 2011-09-27

how can i get the shutdown menu back in the latest git version? don't see anything in the skin settings.

- voochi - 2011-09-27

Hi,
Maybe a silly question but what does the 'media overlays' function do? I can't spot any difference with it on or off but maybe I am not looking in the right area.

I am using ReFocus 8.9.6

Thanks

- Avigrace - 2011-09-27

voochi Wrote:Hi,
Maybe a silly question but what does the 'media overlays' function do? I can't spot any difference with it on or off but maybe I am not looking in the right area.

I am using ReFocus 8.9.6

Thanks

I am on a git version and wondered the same, can't seem to spot anything different with it on or off.

- Jeroen - 2011-09-27

voochi Wrote:Hi,

I am using ReFocus 8.9.6

Thanks

Disabling media overlays turns off the now playing information in the top right notification area.

- Jeroen - 2011-09-27

wolfbiker Wrote:how can i get the shutdown menu back in the latest git version? don't see anything in the skin settings.

There is no dedicated submenu for this anymore. There's an exit option in the system submenu which opens up the shutdown dialog.

- wolfbiker - 2011-09-28

would it be possible to have refocus display the all seasons poster when a season poster is unavailable rather than defaulting to the skin's tvshow_portrait.jpg? this happens when viewing an episode information panel when the season has no poster.

- Jeroen - 2011-09-28

wolfbiker Wrote:would it be possible to have refocus display the all seasons poster when a season poster is unavailable rather than defaulting to the skin's tvshow_portrait.jpg? this happens when viewing an episode information panel when the season has no poster.

Unfortunately I can only set custom images as a fallback image, not a scraped image like the all seasons poster. It might be doable with a lot of workarounds at the seasons level, but I don't feel it would be a sane way to do it tbh. Maybe this will get easier when skin variables are available.
Are there that many tv shows with missing season posters? In that case I would say, submit a season poster to thetvdb.