Kodi Community Forum
v12 reFocus 0.9.5 for Frodo (deprecated) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: reFocus (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=72)
+----- Thread: v12 reFocus 0.9.5 for Frodo (deprecated) (/showthread.php?tid=75867)

- Galefury - 2011-11-27

I really like the watchlist, but I've noticed that for tv shows while the season is correct, the episode is always 05, though it will play the correct one.

LE: I've got it. It shows the last episode of the last tv show watched. If my last episode was dexter s04e5, then it will display ep 5 for all the shows, though the season will be accurate.

Update issue(small'ish) - umOuch - 2011-11-27

So it seems that the update you pushed this week as changed the font for some add-ons... such as Navi-X, to so small a font that I can not read it from the couch anymore.

Is there a fix that I can do from here?

Everything else, as always, is awesome. Just reported this skin as the best, of the top three skins, for your ATV2.HERE

- Jeroen - 2011-11-27

Abrasher Wrote:So it seems that the update you pushed this week as changed the font for some add-ons... such as Navi-X, to so small a font that I can not read it from the couch anymore.

Is there a fix that I can do from here?

Everything else, as always, is awesome. Just reported this skin as the best, of the top three skins, for your ATV2.HERE

Right, the problem with most of these scripts regarding fonts is that they reference hardcoded font declarations in the skin being used. And there's not really a standard for it.
So when I cleaned up the xml that handles the fonts the other day I must have deleted fonts that Navi-X uses.

Could you replace the contents of the fonts.xml file (in the 720p folder) with this: http://pastebin.com/JXSyFyhU
And tell me if everything looks ok? I only tested with Navi-X so maybe I missed something.

Please test with the default fontset. If it looks ok, I'll copy it to the other fontsets.

thanks for the vote Smile

- Jeroen - 2011-11-27

HydroDiOxide Wrote:Ah. That is a whole lot better. Still, as a consistency nitpick, the positioning of time and date is different in home and (movie)library. Also the colour of day and date differ (white vs blue). Is this intended or overseen? Hey, and turning the volume all the way down seems to produce a different type of mute icon. This one overlaps with track playtime.
Allright, the mute icon overlapping should finally be fixed now, pushed to git.
I made the date and time all white for the sake of readability. Not sure about the positioning though, they should be at the same position?

Rocky5 Wrote:I think for the visible labels on the home screen you could do what I done (when I fixed it) & make the select image fade out like when idling.
Cheers, I pushed an update yesterday which basically does the same, but making the selection image fade out is a nice extra touch.

Quote:also do you have any use for Recently added on the home screen? as I incorporated that in two days ago.
I'm not sure, I tried out something similar way back. To me it takes about the same amount of steps to go into "new movies/episodes" from the main menu, with the benefit of having all info available. I guess I'm not really a big fan of bringing everything onto the homescreen, and creating a sort of mini library there. But nice job, I'll still give it a thought.

Quote:I also fixed the intro, you had the black image behind the video, so the it never looked like it fades out, I also had to increase the duration as on my Revo it would end to soon, so I delayed the startup of the video by 500ms and increased the duration to 6500ms fixing the problem.

(I have also redone the intro using images, using the correct fonts) Youtube Video
Nice work, I'll take a look at tweaking the delay/duration.

kyotocafe Wrote:Current watchlist implementation works pretty good to me, but I agree that this way you have just proposed feels more intuitive. It would be nice to have it implemented in git and try it out.
I'll work on it some more and post it to try out if I decide to go through with it Smile

loggio Wrote:Hi jeroen,

Not sure if you're aware, but i've created a 'hd movies' smart playlist... When i access it using refocus, theres no Thumbnail or slide views... The two views i only use lol
Right, should be fixed on git. Cheers

Quote:Also turns out cinema experience is buggy as all hell and has nothing to do with your skin, so false alarm on that one! lol
That's reassuring Smile Hope it gets more stable soon.

spoco2 Wrote:Awesome, you've added 'exit' back to the homescreen...

Life is good once again Smile

I have to say, I try other skins every now and again, and while they are very competent, and sometimes have some pretty cool animations and layouts, they all come across as being created by people with the sensibilities of a 12 year old. This really is the only 'mature' skin I've used.
Thanks, sensible design/development is definitely something I try to achieve with reFocus, although it's a bit harsh towards other devs.. Different preferences for different people, there's something there for everyone Smile

epoke Wrote:Korean translation for 0.9.4.1
strings.xml
Awesome, thanks epoke. Pushed to git, cheers Smile

Galefury Wrote:I really like the watchlist, but I've noticed that for tv shows while the season is correct, the episode is always 05, though it will play the correct one.

LE: I've got it. It shows the last episode of the last tv show watched. If my last episode was dexter s04e5, then it will display ep 5 for all the shows, though the season will be accurate.
Hm, that would be something to report to the add-on devs, it's handled by the add-on. I'll see if I can reproduce.

- loggio - 2011-11-27

Jeroen,

If you have spare time... Could you add the following Australian logo's to your network flags & keep the names of the files exactly as they are contained in the .rar, please?
http://www.mediafire.com/?i7hpjtjh5u9s2pd

Of course you'd have to convert them to the refocus grey style.

For now, i have to add them manually every time i download your git... would be great to see them added.

Also, on that topic... What are your current plans for PVR development? just curious

Cheers,
Loggio.

- Jeroen - 2011-11-27

loggio Wrote:Jeroen,

If you have spare time... Could you add the following Australian logo's to your network flags & keep the names of the files exactly as they are contained in the .rar, please?
http://www.mediafire.com/?i7hpjtjh5u9s2pd

Of course you'd have to convert them to the refocus grey style.

For now, i have to add them manually every time i download your git... would be great to see them added.

Also, on that topic... What are your current plans for PVR development? just curious

Cheers,
Loggio.

Sure, I'll add them to git later. Current plan for the PVR is waiting for the PVR branch to get into some stable form tbh. I just installed a new PVR build and (like most of the time when upgrading) I encounter lots of problems (can't enable the MP PVR add-on).
It's really frustrating to work on the PVR when it's constantly crashing and malfunctioning.

EDIT: logos pushed to git. Wasn't able to find a suitable image for 7 Digital, so I used the generic 7 logo until I find a good base image or have time creating a custom version.

- Ebatte - 2011-11-27

Sranshaft Wrote:You need to press 'Tab' on the keyboard or map this function to a button on your remote.

Every other menu selectiOn on the home screen is activated with [enter]. Why is this one different?

- Jeroen - 2011-11-27

Ebatte Wrote:Every other menu selectiOn on the home screen is activated with [enter]. Why is this one different?

It has nothing to do with the menu. The Tab key is bound to switch from and to the currently playing video. This is handled by XBMC, not the skin.
The entry in the homescreen menu is meant to access the now playing screen, not switch to fullscreen video.

- kyotocafe - 2011-11-27

Galefury Wrote:I really like the watchlist, but I've noticed that for tv shows while the season is correct, the episode is always 05, though it will play the correct one.

Now that you have mentioned it, I just checked it and it is happening the same to me. Season is accurate, but episode number shows the same episode number for all the shows in the watchlist.

- Rocky5 - 2011-11-27

Jeroen Wrote:I'm not sure, I tried out something similar way back. To me it takes about the same amount of steps to go into "new movies/episodes" from the main menu, with the benefit of having all info available. I guess I'm not really a big fan of bringing everything onto the homescreen, and creating a sort of mini library there. But nice job, I'll still give it a thought.

my thoughts exactly after adding it lol, but when using my iPad to control XBMC the less presses the better Smile just tap enter twice & your there.

I have a few ideas on how to do an alternative RA that would be present on the home screen & look sleek & inline with the skin.

I'm using your skin as my default now & I'm a tinkerer at heart Smile so can't resist fixing & adjusting stuff.

- Jeroen - 2011-11-27

Rocky5 Wrote:my thoughts exactly after adding it lol, but when using my iPad to control XBMC the less presses the better Smile just tap enter twice & your there.
Out of curiosity, how is reFocus working out on the iPad? I figured the home menu would pose some problems on touch screen devices because of the negative vertical alignment used on the buttons. This creates problems when using a mouse, so I would assume this goes for touch too?
I have an iPad, but I'm too lazy to set it up Big Grin

Quote:I have a few ideas on how to do an alternative RA that would be present on the home screen & look sleek & inline with the skin.
Curious about what you come up with, be sure to post some screenies Smile

Quote:I'm using your skin as my default now & I'm a tinkerer at heart Smile so can't resist fixing & adjusting stuff.
Me too, it's the whole reason I started skinning XBMC Smile

- Rocky5 - 2011-11-27

Jeroen Wrote:Out of curiosity, how is reFocus working out on the iPad? I figured the home menu would pose some problems on touch screen devices because of the negative vertical alignment used on the buttons. This creates problems when using a mouse, so I would assume this goes for touch too?

sorry Sad I meant using my iPad to control XBMC, I have a Revo 3600 with Openelec installed.

- Jeroen - 2011-11-27

Rocky5 Wrote:sorry Sad I meant using my iPad to control XBMC, I have a Revo 3600 with Openelec installed.

Oh I see Laugh no worries Smile

- Jeroen - 2011-11-27

I just need new things to keep me going Big Grin

Been working on support for Ronie's excellent GlobalSearch script, check it it out if you haven't yet.

I started on it some time ago, time to finish it. All preliminary as always.

- Rocky5 - 2011-11-27

Update: Finished the new Recently added on home.

Image Image Image Image