Kodi Community Forum
v12 reFocus 0.9.5 for Frodo (deprecated) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: reFocus (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=72)
+----- Thread: v12 reFocus 0.9.5 for Frodo (deprecated) (/showthread.php?tid=75867)

- deanmv - 2011-12-27

Thanks for the replies. Just had a quick 5 minute look and I don't have this bits of code in those files (forgot to mention that I am running a self edited old 0.9.3.1 GIT build) so these files might have changed since then. Will have a proper look tonight and see what I can throw together as I really don't want to lose what was the "alternative home screen" as have been building it to my liking for a while now. Thanks for the help though, will report back as to what I find.

- PatrickBateman - 2011-12-27

Jeroen Wrote:Great, thank you Smile

That's good to hear, weird that the script keeps failing though Huh You might want to post a Debug Log in the script's thread.

You would have to change this font called "list" in Font.xml:
This will affect fonts in other places to though.

There will be no watched icons, sorry.

Yes, it's a bug in XBMC. Or at least a shortcoming/oversight. When the Library has no local music content, it won't be able to display add-ons in library mode either. Merging files and library mode was originally planned for Eden, but unfortunately this only happened for videos.

As the merging didn't make Eden I will see if there's something I can do to go around it as a temporary solution.

Thank you,
Hitcher coded a way around this issue which did resolve my issue. He posted the code in pastebin which I then copied and pasted into the homescreen file. Here is a link to that conversation here maybe there will be something useful in there that could be migrated or copied over to help resolve the issue with refocus.

Thanks again for e support,
Much appreciated,
Pat~

- voochi - 2011-12-27

When you press Enter to bring up the controls during playback, and then press 'up' to bring up the extra options, I notice that one of the labels says

Subtitles: On or (off)

Im just wondering about the logic of this switch, is this supposed to mean :
-Current status = On, or
-'Click to turn On'

- canadave - 2011-12-27

voochi Wrote:When you press Enter to bring up the controls during playback, and then press 'up' to bring up the extra options, I notice that one of the labels says

-Current status = On, or
-'Click to turn On'

Yes, this is a good point. It's the latter (click to turn on/off). But it's definitely confusing. Is this another XBMC "behaviour"? Wink If not, it'd be great to clarify the dialog box.

- dgsgc - 2011-12-27

Just noticed that in the home customization menu the dvd option is reversed, unticked shows the dvd menu and ticked removes it.

- PatrickBateman - 2011-12-28

Strange bug/behaviour,

I've just installed xbmc Eden beta on my laptop and my test box... Both have identicle setups, but test box allows me to choose "slide" in the video Addons menu and the other only allows list and thumbs in the same menu? Huh Is this a hangover in GUI settings from the upgrade as when I upgraded refocus on both boxes I switched to the default skin, but the test box refocus was previously on slide view and the laptop was previously on thumbs? Could this be that the test box carried that view over? It's a great view for video Addons and I would love to have it available on the laptop as well as the test box.

Both boxes are running the same xbmc and refocus versions and both are windows 7 boxes.

Next bug, I believe is DR related but I'll see hat you think... When I start refocus on my Eden beta boxes the left hand list (videos/tv shows etc) all disappear immediately. This behaviour was apparent when I previously tested DR in the nighties. Basically as soon as it launches xbmc the screen is just blue, it's not crashed but nothing is displayed. Pressing ok/enter resolves this by forcing the screen to reload a new page... Strange, but I think it's DR not the skin, but I thought I'd mention it here just in case.

Cheers,
Pat~

Thanks again, and again, and again... - umOuch - 2011-12-28

Not to be outdone, Jeroen, you have come through yet again. I have said it before and I will say it again. You are a talented designer/skinner but furthermore, you are always SO willing to help. I know it is just a skinning forum on XBMC... but you do this all for free out of the kindness of your heart.

Watching you repeatedly respond to my insignificant needs and doing so politely and with grace amazes me.

THNAKS FOR THE FONT.XML TIP!

- Jeroen - 2011-12-28

PatrickBateman Wrote:Thank you,
Hitcher coded a way around this issue which did resolve my issue. He posted the code in pastebin which I then copied and pasted into the homescreen file. Here is a link to that conversation here maybe there will be something useful in there that could be migrated or copied over to help resolve the issue with refocus.

Thanks again for e support,
Much appreciated,
Pat~
I have pushed an update to Git which should provide a workaround for this issue.

voochi Wrote:When you press Enter to bring up the controls during playback, and then press 'up' to bring up the extra options, I notice that one of the labels says

-Current status = On, or
-'Click to turn On'
The text indicates which action the button will perform when pushed. But maybe something like enable subtitles/disable subtitles would be clearer.

dgsgc Wrote:Just noticed that in the home customization menu the dvd option is reversed, unticked shows the dvd menu and ticked removes it.
Thanks, fixed on Git.

PatrickBateman Wrote:Strange bug/behaviour,
The thumbnail views are available in add-ons but it seems there's a bug in the viewtype selector. I'll look into it.

Abrasher Wrote:Not to be outdone, Jeroen, you have come through yet again. I have said it before and I will say it again. You are a talented designer/skinner but furthermore, you are always SO willing to help. I know it is just a skinning forum on XBMC... but you do this all for free out of the kindness of your heart.

Watching you repeatedly respond to my insignificant needs and doing so politely and with grace amazes me.

THNAKS FOR THE FONT.XML TIP!

Thanks, I appreciate it Smile

- PatrickBateman - 2011-12-29

Jeroen Wrote:I have pushed an update to Git which should provide a workaround for this issue.

The text indicates which action the button will perform when pushed. But maybe something like enable subtitles/disable subtitles would be clearer.

Thanks, fixed on Git.

The thumbnail views are available in add-ons but it seems there's a bug in the viewtype selector. I'll look into it.

Thanks, I appreciate it Smile

Thanks for all the support and I really appreciate the bug fixes and this wonderfully fast skin.

You mentioned an update was posted to the git but nothing is showing at my end, will this be available soon with the music Addons bug fix and slide views enabled.

Thanks again for everything and hope you've at least had a few hours off to enjoy the holidays Smile

Cheers,
Pat~

- Kolabor - 2011-12-29

Small typo in latest English strings.xml Jeroen:
Code:
<string id="31111">PLaylist Options</string>
L should be lowercase.

- travisbell - 2011-12-30

Hey Jeroen,

Beautiful skin mate. So far after 2 days of full time use I’ve only really noticed one issue. If it’s been mentioned, please excuse me. There’s 207 pages here… Wink

When using the “slide” view and paging through (page up/page down) an item is always skipped so through 14 “pages" @ 6 titles per page (~80 total shows) 14 shows never find their way on screen.

Is this a known issue? I’m musing a fairly standard setup I think. 1080p output.

Thanks!

- Killer-JoeBR - 2011-12-30

This is one of the most beautiful skins for xbmc. Very elegant.

Anyway, one thing that bothers me is the text is not justified. It looks very ugly sometimes and most others skins use justify align. I really think you should consider doing this.

Anyway great work!

- robweber - 2011-12-30

Hi,

I installed the refocus 0.9.5 on the Eden Beta release and am having a small issue. Every time I access any of the video menus (movies, tv, etc) from the main screen I get a pop-up from the TV Show Next Aired addon that covers the whole screen and has to be closed to continue. It is kind of annoying and I'm guessing shouldn't be happening. Anyone else having this issue, do I need to update something?

Thanks.

- jdbrookes - 2011-12-30

robweber Wrote:Hi,

I installed the refocus 0.9.5 on the Eden Beta release and am having a small issue. Every time I access any of the video menus (movies, tv, etc) from the main screen I get a pop-up from the TV Show Next Aired addon that covers the whole screen and has to be closed to continue. It is kind of annoying and I'm guessing shouldn't be happening. Anyone else having this issue, do I need to update something?

Thanks.

I've just upgraded to Eden myself on an Openelec build on my Revo, and I'm seeing a TV Show Next Aired script failure message every time I view my list of TV Shows - tried on both the 0.9.5 build and the latest GIT build (downloaded just today). Obviously not a deal breaker but just wondering if I'm doing something wrong myself? Happens on my Eden beta Windows installation as well as my Eden beta Openelec installation. TV Show Next Aired script does seem to be installed as well.

Great work on the skin, I've only just started using the latest version on our main box after about a year of staying with Dharma and using the old 0.8 build! Thanks for all the hard work, we never use any other skin!

- Martijn - 2011-12-30

jdbrookes Wrote:I've just upgraded to Eden myself on an Openelec build on my Revo, and I'm seeing a TV Show Next Aired script failure message every time I view my list of TV Shows - tried on both the 0.9.5 build and the latest GIT build (downloaded just today). Obviously not a deal breaker but just wondering if I'm doing something wrong myself? Happens on my Eden beta Windows installation as well as my Eden beta Openelec installation. TV Show Next Aired script does seem to be installed as well.

Great work on the skin, I've only just started using the latest version on our main box after about a year of staying with Dharma and using the old 0.8 build! Thanks for all the hard work, we never use any other skin!
Can you provide a full debug log when running it and paste it on http://www.pastebin.com