Kodi Community Forum
v12 reFocus 0.9.5 for Frodo (deprecated) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: reFocus (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=72)
+----- Thread: v12 reFocus 0.9.5 for Frodo (deprecated) (/showthread.php?tid=75867)

- wolfodeiwolfy - 2012-01-29

Jeroen Wrote:Are you on Eden Beta 2? Beta 1 had substantial performance problems.

Yes beta 2.. And i do have this problem since last 2011 nightly build

- deanmv - 2012-01-29

For any ATV users it seems that turning off "Sync Playback To Display" in Settings -> Video -> Playback seems to make the transitions between screens noticeably smoother and faster.

- canadave - 2012-01-30

Pardon if this is common knowledge, but I just noticed that if I go to the main menu in refocus and not do anything, the very bright white highlight cursor dims after a few seconds. Is there any particular reason why it does that? I kind of like the bright white and wish it wouldn't dim down like that Smile (I know, this is probably as minor a nitpick as it gets...it's late, I'm bored, and just curious!)

- PatrickBateman - 2012-01-30

Hey,

Just thought I'd ask a few things and see if any of them are ....

Could the white highlight bar (on the main menu) be made to look more like = rather than like } as I find it looks inconsistent with the rest of the skin.

Is there any way, that skin transitions from 1 screen to the next (such as selecting Addons from the videos screen) can display the default blue background rather than the current black screen. Having 1 consistent blue background throughout the skin in every scenario helps consistency and speed.

The home screen menu starts at the top and works its way down the screen, could this be left aligned and centred so that it is equal in height from the top of the screen to the bottom. Currently I have 4 items in my home screen menu, they sit at the top left of the screen, cou,d there be an option to lower them so that it sits left/centred equally spaced between the top and bottom of the screen.

Also, when I download the latest git I noticed by default the home screen was changing with fanart wallpapers? I rolled back to the stable version due to issues, but is this feature possible to be disabled as I much prefer the sleek, fast, consistent look of a standardise skin theme.

Overalls though, love this skin, very fast, very stable and can't wait to see what's next.

Great work,

- MrLobster - 2012-01-30

I think the home menu is in need of updating, thats not to say its isnt usable, but I feel that most other screens have been tweeked, but the home screen is lacking.

- deanmv - 2012-01-30

PatrickBateman Wrote:Also, when I download the latest git I noticed by default the home screen was changing with fanart wallpapers? I rolled back to the stable version due to issues, but is this feature possible to be disabled as I much prefer the sleek, fast, consistent look of a standardise skin theme.

There is an option in Settings -> Skin -> use fan art slideshow to turn this on or off.

- loggio - 2012-01-31

please don't repost issues, it's annoying. i'm aware of it.

- castortray - 2012-01-31

How should look watched movie or tv episode on refocus on atv2 because when i mark it as watched nothing changed Sad

- Jeroen - 2012-01-31

PatrickBateman Wrote:Could the white highlight bar (on the main menu) be made to look more like = rather than like } as I find it looks inconsistent with the rest of the skin.
The bar is styled the same way as the menus in other screens, I don't really think it's inconsistent.

Quote:Is there any way, that skin transitions from 1 screen to the next (such as selecting Addons from the videos screen) can display the default blue background rather than the current black screen. Having 1 consistent blue background throughout the skin in every scenario helps consistency and speed.
In this scenario there's a transition from a multiimage slideshow to the library sections or other screens so the blue background is only loaded starting from that point. Not animating in and out from one to the other would actually make the transition seem slower. Hard to explain.

Quote:The home screen menu starts at the top and works its way down the screen, could this be left aligned and centred so that it is equal in height from the top of the screen to the bottom. Currently I have 4 items in my home screen menu, they sit at the top left of the screen, cou,d there be an option to lower them so that it sits left/centred equally spaced between the top and bottom of the screen.
No this isn't possible as the number of items within a menu, and thus the height of the menu, depends on which items have been enabled by the user. Aside from that basically all controls have an absolute fixed positioning.

MrLobster Wrote:I think the home menu is in need of updating, thats not to say its isnt usable, but I feel that most other screens have been tweeked, but the home screen is lacking.
The home menu has received a lot of tweaking in terms of cusomization in the last official release. I don't have any plans for making big changes to it.

wolfbiker Wrote:this was a fresh install of xbmc with the version of refocus downloaded from your repository. no zips from git; no old files to cause problems. the skin works fine without my advancedsettings.xml file, but the skin won't work with it. i only have this problem with your skin. i can take a video if you don't believe me.

now that i'm reading other replies, maybe it's the watchlist that's causing the problems. that's why with other skins i have no problems, but with yours i do. it would also explain why my advancedsettings.xml causes problems (large MYSQL video library) but without it (no videos) the skin runs fine. can i just disable the addon or will the skin still try to load it?
It's not that I don't believe you, I just can't reproduce. But yeah it appears the watchlist can slow things down.
The skin will try to load it, so I think it's best to try and actually remove the <onload> from Home.xml

henrava Wrote:Hi Jeroen, yes the white window opens up, but i do not see the lyrics.
I have set the plugin LRC Lyrics to "embedded", so it reads the lyrics from the stored .lrc file (no need to scrape and fetch lyrics from internet).
In confluence no problems, in refocus i have this error in the log:

13:25:17 T:1452 ERROR: Control 111 in window 13000 has been asked to focus, but it can't

I think the error is here, but i'm not able to fix myself.
If someone want to test, he needs:
- LRC plugin
- set the plugin to embedded scraper
- a song (e.g. "born to run.mp3")
- correspondant file lrc in the same folder (e.g. "born to run.lrc")

Thanks
There's something about that specific error before, I've run into it before, just can't remember what caused it. Anyway, I'll look into that further.

Dialogs ... - oo_void - 2012-01-31

Here's a nit-picky one for you Jeroen ... I've noticed that the shutdown dialog / menu has rounded corners, while the other context menus do not.

- PatrickBateman - 2012-01-31

Jeroen Wrote:The bar is styled the same way as the menus in other screens, I don't really think it's inconsistent.

It totally is Big Grin
My home screen highlight bar looks like this }----- and all other menus and plugins look like this ------

The main menu has a "}" at the beginning of the highlight bar, and no other menu/plugin has this shape....

I'd like the home screen to look like more like the settings screen, it looks very clear and elegant... Other than that, it's a fantastic skin!

- canadave - 2012-02-01

PatrickBateman Wrote:The main menu has a "}" at the beginning of the highlight bar, and no other menu/plugin has this shape....
That's because it's special Wink

- clackerdacker - 2012-02-01

PatrickBateman Wrote:I'd like the home screen to look like more like the settings screen, it looks very clear and elegant... Other than that, it's a fantastic skin!

You know what, I was just thinking the same thing myself. The settings screen with the high/low split feel is awesome.

- Jeroen - 2012-02-01

PatrickBateman Wrote:The main menu has a "}" at the beginning of the highlight bar, and no other menu/plugin has this shape....

Except every options menu in every screen...

In any case, I'm not going to change it.

oo_void Wrote:Here's a nit-picky one for you Jeroen ... I've noticed that the shutdown dialog / menu has rounded corners, while the other context menus do not.
In the latest stable release that's the case, it's been changed for the next one Wink

- loggio - 2012-02-01

hi there,

Noticed a small bug in OSD channel list, when activating it you have to push up/down twice in order for scrolling to start.