Kodi Community Forum
v12 reFocus 0.9.5 for Frodo (deprecated) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: reFocus (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=72)
+----- Thread: v12 reFocus 0.9.5 for Frodo (deprecated) (/showthread.php?tid=75867)

- Jeroen - 2010-07-09

azido Wrote:Jeroen, my friend..

One thing i think you should really put additional work on is the music view.. there should be an option of either using the fanart or folder.jpg to display the artists image.
No, this is by design. Scraped artist pictures are often really bad quality pictures, so they are only used as a fallback when no fanart is found for the artist. I never understood wanting to rely on the local filesystem when we have scrapers. If people have good artist pictures, they should upload them to the available sites instead of mucking around with files locally. It totally defeats the purpose. Plus, I don't want reFocus turning into a 1001 options skin.

Quote:Also i found out that when you have many enabled options on the main menu, it overlaps the rss-feed..
See the build log.

- paul - 2010-07-09

Just tried this skin the other day and to be honest i am very impressed by the overall feel of it, but can i draw your attention to a minor niggle which is in the settings screen all the text on the right of the screen needs raising so it sits in the middle of the highlite bar as it looks odd as it is, if its designed that way then fair enough, plus i look forward to seeing banner views adding as the textures are there for it.
Either way it's streets ahead of the old focus. this works great on my asrock ionCool

- Jeroen - 2010-07-09

paul Wrote:Just tried this skin the other day and to be honest i am very impressed by the overall feel of it, but can i draw your attention to a minor niggle which is in the settings screen all the text on the right of the screen needs raising so it sits in the middle of the highlite bar as it looks odd as it is, if its designed that way then fair enough, plus i look forward to seeing banner views adding as the textures are there for it.
Either way it's streets ahead of the old focus. this works great on my asrock ionCool

I know what you mean and it's been bugging the hell out of me. It actually looks worse if you're running a pretty recent XBMC build because of recent changes to that type of control. I'm looking into how I can adress this.

- Ayla - 2010-07-09

The next release is close now... I can feel it Big Grin

Two things I just noticed:

1. I opened Settings for the YouTube Add-On and the bottom most setting overlapped some other text (so I can't read what that setting does).

2. When you pause a movie, the green progress bar doesn't look completely centered vertically. Like one pixel off or something. Maybe my eyes are off Smile

- paul - 2010-07-10

Jeroen Wrote:I know what you mean and it's been bugging the hell out of me. It actually looks worse if you're running a pretty recent XBMC build because of recent changes to that type of control. I'm looking into how I can adress this.
Glad i'm not the only one it bugs and i am using the very latest build from the trunk.
Other than that it's good

- Sinnocence - 2010-07-10

Jeroen - would it be possible to add a non-wrapping Slide view type (instead of an option on the existing slide - thus avoiding adding logic to the skin)? In Alaska-ese this would be one of the 'fixed' view types.

Its value comes into play in recently added show/movie lists where scrolling left to the edge would produce the most recent addition. With the current Slide type you can scroll left indefinitely.

- Jeroen - 2010-07-10

Sinnocence Wrote:Jeroen - would it be possible to add a non-wrapping Slide view type (instead of an option on the existing slide - thus avoiding adding logic to the skin)? In Alaska-ese this would be one of the 'fixed' view types.

Its value comes into play in recently added show/movie lists where scrolling left to the edge would produce the most recent addition. With the current Slide type you can scroll left indefinitely.

Makes sense. I'll probably won't make an extra viewtype for it though, instead just make it default behaviour for the existing viewtype. Can't see any downsides to it.
Cheers

I think the current behavior is equally valid. For example, on library lists, if you have a large collection by the time you hit Z it's easier to scroll right than left for A... plus visually there's no blank space/gap when you hit the end of the list (i.e. it's seamless).

- Jeroen - 2010-07-10

Sinnocence Wrote:I think the current behavior is equally valid. For example, on library lists, if you have a large collection by the time you hit Z it's easier to scroll right than left for A... plus visually there's no blank space/gap when you hit the end of the list (i.e. it's seamless).

Oh, but you'd still be able to do that.

The only difference between using a fixedlist instead of a wraplist in this regard is like:

wraplist:
---scrolling to the end/beginning--->will continuously loop

fixedlist:
---scrolling to the end/beginning--->scrolling stops automatically *press direction again*---> scrolling continues to end/beginning

Ah, good stuff! Apologies for the confusion, my Alaska 'wrap' views scroll continuously & without interruption.

No rush on it, no point delaying the release (past today? Laugh) for it - would just be nice to have, somewhere down the road.

- Jeroen - 2010-07-10

It's a really easy change. Release will likely be a little later anyway.
Don't know how Alaska does it , but I guess it uses a normal listview set to "emulate" a wraplist by adding a <wraparound>true</wraparound> to the viewtype.

- atgm - 2010-07-11

Two of us asked and I might have missed the response, but I was wondering about unicode font support... like elmonito, I also have a lot of stuff titled in Japanese, but none of it will show up in reFocus, unfortunately. Is there a (simple way) for us to get temporary unicode support, and/or is it planned in future releases?

- Jeroen - 2010-07-11

Unicode support is not something I can just "add", the font either has is it or doesn't have it. It's just really hard to find good unicode fonts, especially if you don't want just another boring Arial knock-off. I've tried a lot of fonts. And I do mean a lot.
Simplest way for you to get unicode support would be replacing the fonts in the fonts folder with unicode ones.. I, however, don't want to make any concessions.
One that might work ok would be Meiryo: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Meiryo

- ext23 - 2010-07-11

ran into a dead-end using my MCE remote...

when browsing the addons under settings, whenever i open the details for any particular plug, i can't find a way to go 'back' from that screen unless i choose (for example) install, uninstall, update. if i open the change log there is simply no way to get rid of this window with the remote.

the back button on my remote doesn't work, in fact none of the buttons on my remote succeed in getting rid of this window and i have to restart XBMC.

am i missing something? can i suggest a 'close' or 'back' button on these windows?

- Jeroen - 2010-07-11

The keymapping that controls the opening and closing of windows is done by XBMC itself, it is not controlled on skin-level.

I suggest you to map a button on your remote to perform a "Close" action. Because if you can't close this window, I imagine you will encounter other windows not closing either (the add source dialog for instance does not close using "back" for me either).

XBMC's default key mappings are actually quite inconsistent in this regard. Most dialogs are closeable with the "Back" button, but some need escape.