Kodi Community Forum
v12 reFocus 0.9.5 for Frodo (deprecated) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: reFocus (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=72)
+----- Thread: v12 reFocus 0.9.5 for Frodo (deprecated) (/showthread.php?tid=75867)

RE: [RELEASE] reFocus 0.9.5 - robweber - 2013-04-11

I don't have a problem with that. I'll submit a repo request later today and get it added.

If you're planning on running it within the skin I pushed an update just now that added a true/false parameter that can be passed via the RunScript() function. This will allow you to override the user setting for if the progress bar should be shown. This way you can always hide the progress, even if the user has messed with this setting, details are in the README. Other than that you should just be able to call it and let it run.

On my library I have roughly 25-30 TV shows and 400-500 movies. Running this script takes less than 1 minute for an update, but probably 10 or more the first time it runs. Not sure how you can account for this within the skin so that it doesn't execute all the time for no reason. If needed I could add an xbmc.service extension point and add a database update monitor, that way it would execute automatically when the DB is modified. Let me know if you feel this is necessary.

RE: [RELEASE] reFocus 0.9.5 - Jeroen - 2013-04-11

Great, thanks! I'll do some experimenting with it Smile

Re: RE: [RELEASE] reFocus 0.9.5 - Martijn - 2013-04-11

(2013-04-11, 17:07)robweber Wrote: I don't have a problem with that. I'll submit a repo request later today and get it added.

If you're planning on running it within the skin I pushed an update just now that added a true/false parameter that can be passed via the RunScript() function. This will allow you to override the user setting for if the progress bar should be shown. This way you can always hide the progress, even if the user has messed with this setting, details are in the README. Other than that you should just be able to call it and let it run.

On my library I have roughly 25-30 TV shows and 400-500 movies. Running this script takes less than 1 minute for an update, but probably 10 or more the first time it runs. Not sure how you can account for this within the skin so that it doesn't execute all the time for no reason. If needed I could add an xbmc.service extension point and add a database update monitor, that way it would execute automatically when the DB is modified. Let me know if you feel this is necessary.

Isn't that a bit of the same as artwork Organizer script?
That even supports smartplaylists iirc

RE: [RELEASE] reFocus 0.9.5 - robweber - 2013-04-11

(2013-04-11, 18:35)Martijn Wrote: Isn't that a bit of the same as artwork Organizer script?
That even supports smartplaylists iirc

Yea it's pretty much the same thing from what I can tell. Seeing as how it's already in the repo, and probably used by a few skins, maybe it would make more sense to integrate that with the skin? As long as Jeroen can integrate it with reFocus in the way he is thinking.

I had no idea the Artwork Organizer even existed, I suppose I saw it in the repo and assumed it was for something else without even reading into it. The one I made is pretty stripped down, but I was making it more for personal use rather than general purpose. It was a fun coding project at any rate.

Re: [RELEASE] reFocus 0.9.5 - Martijn - 2013-04-11

I was just mentioning it because it sounded similar :)
Making such scripts is always good learning

RE: [RELEASE] reFocus 0.9.5 - spoco2 - 2013-04-30

I installed the latest version of this with the view to use it instead of reFocus Big... but after xbmc locking up twice in as many days (when it just doesn't using refocus Big), I had to go back.

I'm very interest to see what you bring to the new version though Jeroen, there's still not another skin that I like anywhere nearly as much as this one.

RE: [RELEASE] reFocus 0.9.5 - circle_ - 2013-04-30

(2013-04-02, 00:31)Jeroen Wrote:
(2013-04-01, 13:02)da-anda Wrote: this is looking veeery nice - only the font seems a little small.
The font is a lot smaller yes. But it shouldn't be any problem on a decent TV from a normal distance Wink Especially with horizontal menus I feel scrolling should be kept to a minimum, so that means smaller fonts. I don't like most horizontal menus because most of the options are offscreen most of the time.
As a matter of fact I'm already working on a vertical version of the above menu again Rofl

Right now I'm using the Frodo version from Git and although I have no problem reading the smaller font on my TV, I do think it looks strange on the home menu. The words seem to not be centered within the white button area (words are a little high of center) and perhaps with the smaller font the white button area should be narrower to match?

Just a couple of thoughts I've had. I'm really keen to use a working version of that horizontal menu mockup.

RE: [RELEASE] reFocus 0.9.5 - deletedpenguin - 2013-05-01

(2013-04-30, 07:44)circle_ Wrote: Just a couple of thoughts I've had. I'm really keen to use a working version of that horizontal menu mockup.

X2

RE: [RELEASE] reFocus 0.9.5 - Jeroen - 2013-05-04

(2013-04-30, 07:44)circle_ Wrote: Right now I'm using the Frodo version from Git and although I have no problem reading the smaller font on my TV, I do think it looks strange on the home menu. The words seem to not be centered within the white button area (words are a little high of center) and perhaps with the smaller font the white button area should be narrower to match?
Just a couple of thoughts I've had. I'm really keen to use a working version of that horizontal menu mockup.

I have been using hackery stuff like negative margins on the home menu so that I could make the selecting texture go across the edge of the screen like that. Not ideal obviously. The font size isn't really the issue there though.

Anyway, there's a new home menu in the works (which preserves all the customisation options of the current one, and more) where this is not an issue anymore.

As a matter of fact working on the home menu has led me to work on major revisions in the rest of the skin too. Hardly any xml is left untouched. It's just a bit to messy to push to git yet.

Sorry to disappoint people expecting a horizontal menu though, that's not going to happen.

RE: [RELEASE] reFocus 0.9.5 - slukin - 2013-05-05

Hi there!...can't seem to install "skin.refocus.release-0.9.5.zip", repo apparently broken, and if i try to install it manually, i get "dependencies not met", i'm on latest frodo 12.2 on Atv2.

Thx!

Edit:

Got it from the SuperRepo...dling right now

Thx so much!!

RE: [RELEASE] reFocus 0.9.5 - pettson3816 - 2013-05-05

[/quote]

Agreed. Dunno if it helps but..

Edit: holy shit, i messed that quote up. Oh well, hope the message gets through anyway. Horizontal menu! Wink

RE: [RELEASE] reFocus 0.9.5 - butchabay - 2013-05-06

(2013-05-05, 23:37)pettson3816 Wrote: Just a couple of thoughts I've had. I'm really keen to use a working version of that horizontal menu mockup.

Agreed. Dunno if it helps but..

Edit: holy shit, i messed that quote up. Oh well, hope the message gets through anyway. Horizontal menu! Wink
[/quote]

(2013-05-04, 11:13)Jeroen Wrote: I have been using hackery stuff like negative margins on the home menu so that I could make the selecting texture go across the edge of the screen like that. Not ideal obviously. The font size isn't really the issue there though.

Anyway, there's a new home menu in the works (which preserves all the customisation options of the current one, and more) where this is not an issue anymore.

As a matter of fact working on the home menu has led me to work on major revisions in the rest of the skin too. Hardly any xml is left untouched. It's just a bit to messy to push to git yet.

Sorry to disappoint people expecting a horizontal menu though, that's not going to happen.

RE: [RELEASE] reFocus 0.9.5 - loggio - 2013-05-08

Jeroen,

If possible, would you be able to add a shortcut to 'fullscreen video' in the left 'view menu' of the skin's different sections?... Xeebo has this and it's really good when using a simple remote like the apple remote. if you exit fullscreen, you don't have to go all the way back to the main menu to get back to fullscreen again.

Cheers,
loggio.

RE: [RELEASE] reFocus 0.9.5 - Jeroen - 2013-05-08

Yeah, good idea, will add that. Cheers Smile

RE: [RELEASE] reFocus 0.9.5 - deanmv - 2013-05-11

(2013-04-07, 15:09)FREAKJAM Wrote: Hi Jeroen,

Welcome back. Have you ever considered bringing this vertical menu back? I absolutely loved this menu.

If you grab and old version of the plugin you can still use it. I made a copy that I edited and kept it with that screen as it was my favourite. If you wanna built upon it or steal it I can send you them?