Kodi Community Forum
v12 reFocus 0.9.5 for Frodo (deprecated) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: reFocus (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=72)
+----- Thread: v12 reFocus 0.9.5 for Frodo (deprecated) (/showthread.php?tid=75867)

RE: [RELEASE] reFocus 0.9.5 - Namekkural - 2013-11-13

Hi Jeroen,
I wonder if you could tell us a bit about your plans regarding Gotham. Are you still working on reFocus?
Thanks, Jonathan

RE: [RELEASE] reFocus 0.9.5 - Myrddraal - 2013-11-25

(2013-11-13, 10:35)Namekkural Wrote: Hi Jeroen,
I wonder if you could tell us a bit about your plans regarding Gotham. Are you still working on reFocus?
Thanks, Jonathan

Same here, maybe you could give us an update to celebrate having reached 500k on the thread Smile

RE: [RELEASE] reFocus 0.9.5 - robweber - 2013-11-25

(2013-11-25, 10:38)Myrddraal Wrote:
Thanks, Jonathan

Same here, maybe you could give us an update to celebrate having reached 500k on the thread Smile

I'll +1 this. I don't normally like bugging skin developers as it seems like a real thankless job to have everyone constantly asking when stuff will be done/fixed/made better, etc - but reFocus is my favorite skin and I've been wondering this too. Without an official Frodo release I've tried my best to follow github and use my own mediocre skills to keep it functional but I fear that the changes to the skinning engine may render it dead when Gotham finally comes out. I really hope Jeroen can at least update it for Gotham changes.

RE: [RELEASE] reFocus 0.9.5 - kyotocafe - 2013-11-25

(2013-11-25, 16:46)robweber Wrote:
Thanks, Jonathan

I'll +1 this. I don't normally like bugging skin developers as it seems like a real thankless job to have everyone constantly asking when stuff will be done/fixed/made better, etc - but reFocus is my favorite skin and I've been wondering this too. Without an official Frodo release I've tried my best to follow github and use my own mediocre skills to keep it functional but I fear that the changes to the skinning engine may render it dead when Gotham finally comes out. I really hope Jeroen can at least update it for Gotham changes.

+1 I couldn't agree more.

RE: [RELEASE] reFocus 0.9.5 - Namekkural - 2013-11-26

Thanks for backing! Smile

RE: [RELEASE] reFocus 0.9.5 - smallclone - 2014-01-18

I'm getting the old dependencies not met thiing while trying to install from zip file off a windows pc.

Is the only solution a debog log?

RE: [RELEASE] reFocus 0.9.5 - smallclone - 2014-01-18

Says refocus is broken in my version of the repo

RE: [RELEASE] reFocus 0.9.5 - 3by5 - 2014-01-19

Same issue here: broken.

RE: [RELEASE] reFocus 0.9.5 - Namekkural - 2014-01-21

Yea, it's broken, but you might be able to install it from ZIP. I don't exactly know when it works, but sometimes it does...

RE: [RELEASE] reFocus 0.9.5 - robweber - 2014-01-21

What version are you pulling from? I've been using a slightly modified version of the github one for quite a while with no issues. Are you sure it's just not a problem with unmet dependencies? I've even used it on Gotham, it's missing some features but otherwise ran just fine.

RE: [RELEASE] reFocus 0.9.5 - smallclone - 2014-01-22

(2014-01-21, 16:14)robweber Wrote: What version are you pulling from? I've been using a slightly modified version of the github one for quite a while with no issues. Are you sure it's just not a problem with unmet dependencies? I've even used it on Gotham, it's missing some features but otherwise ran just fine.

Tried both the links in the OP.

What would fix the unmet dependencies if that was the problem?

RE: [RELEASE] reFocus 0.9.5 - robweber - 2014-01-23

I don't use the skin widgets or tv show next aired addons that are required as dependencies. If you edit the addon.xml file and just remove them the skin should install. Another option might be to update the version numbers to whatever the newest version is.

Also, try pulling from github instead of google code (links in the first post). They might be the same versions but I know the one on github can work with minor tweaks as that is the one I've forked for personal use.

https://github.com/jeroenpardon/skin.refocus

RE: [RELEASE] reFocus 0.9.5 - Jeroen - 2014-02-14

Hi everybody,

Remember me? I haven't exactly been doing a great job of keeping the development going or even keeping up with the forum, really sorry about that.

Development on reFocus has never really been abandoned, just extremely stalled. Months ago major work was done, and I do mean major. Practically no xml was left unchanged, and lots of icons, texture, etc. have been redone.

While being in my everlasting unrealistic pursuit of perfection though I ran into some obstacles, in development and in this thing we call real life. And when you're out of the scene for a while you get behind on XBMC development, and you start to become a stranger to your own code. Well, at least it goes that way for me Wink

But recently I have done some work on reFocus again, focusing first on finishing what I started months ago. The last couple of days I have been going through the list of changes in Gotham, in order to implement the most important ones into reFocus.

Assuming everything goes according to plan, I think I can push the changes to GitHub soon, if there's enough interest left in the skin of course.

Sorry for being a stranger,

Jeroen

Thanks, Jonathan

Thanks, Jonathan

Thanks, Jonathan

(2013-11-25, 16:57)kyotocafe Wrote:
(2013-11-25, 10:38)Myrddraal Wrote: Same here, maybe you could give us an update to celebrate having reached 500k on the thread Smile

+1 I couldn't agree more.

RE: [RELEASE] reFocus 0.9.5 - tooviral - 2014-02-14

Would love to see this updated Jeroen.

Thanks

RE: [RELEASE] reFocus 0.9.5 - MaDDoGo - 2014-02-14

Please keep this skin alive, its one of the best if no the best skin for XBMC Smile As always, I am ready to betatest it and translate it. Welcome back!