Kodi Community Forum
v12 reFocus 0.9.5 for Frodo (deprecated) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: reFocus (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=72)
+----- Thread: v12 reFocus 0.9.5 for Frodo (deprecated) (/showthread.php?tid=75867)

- Galefury - 2010-07-18

One thing i like to say, osd info (when you press O) doesn't show fps and processor usage, I find it useful. What xml file should I modify to make it appear ?

- Ayla - 2010-07-18

Jeroen, I noticed that there now should be support for Unwatched Overlays when in File Mode / List View.

They don't show up for me?

Is it working in your end?

Regards
Martin

- Jeroen - 2010-07-18

tungmeister Wrote:looking good, little bug i've noticed is using the slide viewtype on TV shows the sortletter feature too quickly so it flickers on as you go between each item unless you navigate at a really slow speed.
I don't think I can influence that, but I'll take a look at it because I agree it's a bit too fast.

Galefury Wrote:One thing i like to say, osd info (when you press O) doesn't show fps and processor usage, I find it useful. What xml file should I modify to make it appear ?
We're talking about in the visualisation window right? Because for video it should definitely show up. I forgot to add it to the visualisation. Noted down.

Ayla Wrote:Jeroen, I noticed that there now should be support for Unwatched Overlays when in File Mode / List View.

They don't show up for me?

Is it working in your end?

Regards
Martin
Yup they are. You might need to enable it in the skin settings though.

- Thomss - 2010-07-18

Love this, thank you very much!

- >>X<< - 2010-07-18

Galefury Wrote:One thing i like to say, osd info (when you press O) doesn't show fps and processor usage, I find it useful. What xml file should I modify to make it appear ?

What build are you using DSPlayer branch by any chance as I have the same but its fine when I select DVDPlayer instead of DSPlayer

- Ayla - 2010-07-18

Jeroen Wrote:Yup they are. You might need to enable it in the skin settings though.

I already have it enabled in Settings, that's strange....

So, when you are browsing some video files in Files Mode (not Library) and in List View (with names list on the left and thumbnail on the right), you have an Unwatched icon over the thumbnail?

PS. I deleted the old skin folder and replaced with the new.

- Galefury - 2010-07-18

No, is not DSPlayer branch. r31827, Win7.

I have reFocus 0.8.5, I deleted the 0.8.2 folder first and deleted gui settings for reFocus from userdata/guisettings.xml

- Jeroen - 2010-07-18

Ayla Wrote:I already have it enabled in Settings, that's strange....

So, when you are browsing some video files in Files Mode (not Library) and in List View (with names list on the left and thumbnail on the right), you have an Unwatched icon over the thumbnail?

PS. I deleted the old skin folder and replaced with the new.

Yup Confused

Really strange. Although now that I think about it, when I was adding this they wouldn't show up for me either and I was pulling my hair out as to why. Then I updated my build and they suddenly showed up. So maybe try a different xbmc build Huh

- >>X<< - 2010-07-18

Galefury Wrote:No, is not DSPlayer branch. r31827, Win7.

I have reFocus 0.8.5, I deleted the 0.8.2 folder first and deleted gui settings for reFocus from userdata/guisettings.xml

Yeah you right cpu fps missing here to Smile

missing cpu/fps info - Jeroen - 2010-07-18

Aah, I misunderstood. I thought nothing was showing up at all. I looked into it and corrected it for 0.8.6. You can get a fix at Google code.

- Nychee - 2010-07-18

Very nice update! That 'big list' episode view is awesome. Very clean and sleek. Might be the best I've seen yet. Super job! Thanks again.

- ECEC - 2010-07-18

I must be retarded this morning. I updated to the Dharma branch of XBMC this morning, coming from a very old stable release. I updated on top of my existing install, then deleted the reFocus folder before copying the latest update to the \skins folder. However, when I open XBMC, I don't see an option to select the reFocus skin. Am I supposed to do something with the addon.xml or skin.xml files?

Edit: duh, it doesn't go in the skin folder anymore, instead going into the addon folder. Smile Oops!

- Sranshaft - 2010-07-18

Not sure if anyone has run across this. There hasn't been mention of it so it may be just my setup but the on-screen menu (the play, pause, stop, etc. buttons) do not appear. What does appear is the lyrics button though the others are selectable. This is on a clean update with the lyrics plug-in enabled.

Also, this isn't so much a bug as it is a visual thing but the black text on the highlighted item gets hard to read where the highlight begins to fade to the right edge. This is most noticeable on the big list (nice addition by the way. I loved it in rapier and am using it now in reFocus).

In the same vein, on the home menus some of the items are longer than the highlighting and the black text is hard to read beyond the fade. This is most noticeable at Music > Recently Played and the majority of the setting menus.

I realize things are still changing in regards to the settings menus. I really like the new look of it and especially the new Settings window. These are just a few things I've noticed.

I did have one suggestion regarding the list view. When using fanart, it seems such a shame not use all that empty space the plot in the same way you have the episode view set up. This would work best with the movies and TV show sections.

This is all I've encountered so far. All and all, a great update to an already excellent theme.

- ECEC - 2010-07-18

I've been using reFocus since the first release, and held off on really posting any problems since I knew you had a big update coming. I've been playing with it this morning, and one big thing sticks out:

Hitting EXIT from videos/music libraries goes to a very tiny list, as opposed to the Home\Whatever menu item I would expect. I can get to the Home screen by pressing ESCAPE, but that takes me all the way back. It's very confusing for the average user (ie wife).

This is especially frustrating for the Settings menu. When I go to Settings > Appearance, there's no way for me to get back to Settings without going to Home > Settings again.

From using other screens, I would expect hitting EXIT at the top level of a given library/menu to take you pack to whatever "level" of the home screen you are at.

Some minor stuff:
Also, I think I've seen you say no to this before, but I would really like to have the option of having TV Shows/Movies as part of the home screen.

Have you considered using Music fanart as the backdrop when you have music highlighted on the Home menu?

Is there a way/option for me to get normally capitalized text? No offense to you, and I know it's a fairly popular schtick to write in all lower case, but it bugs the absolute hell out of me. I have a very difficult time reading the plot summaries as they are all lower case.

I hope none of that sounds negative, this is easily the best theme I use right now! Thanks! Smile

- Jeroen - 2010-07-18

Sranshaft Wrote:Not sure if anyone has run across this. There hasn't been mention of it so it may be just my setup but the on-screen menu (the play, pause, stop, etc. buttons) do not appear. What does appear is the lyrics button though the others are selectable. This is on a clean update with the lyrics plug-in enabled.
They show up fine for me. Anyone else having this problem? The only thing I can think of is something going wrong with compiling the textures or something.

Quote:Also, this isn't so much a bug as it is a visual thing but the black text on the highlighted item gets hard to read where the highlight begins to fade to the right edge.
Valid point, I'll look into tweaking this.

Quote:I did have one suggestion regarding the list view. When using fanart, it seems such a shame not use all that empty space the plot in the same way you have the episode view set up. This would work best with the movies and TV show sections.
Yeah, I've been thinking of that too. I'll probably add that, although there's just something about that layout that doesn't feel right to me. Probably just because I think it looks so much better with the poster layout there.

Thanks for the feedback Smile