Kodi Community Forum
v12 reFocus 0.9.5 for Frodo (deprecated) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: reFocus (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=72)
+----- Thread: v12 reFocus 0.9.5 for Frodo (deprecated) (/showthread.php?tid=75867)

- Ayla - 2010-07-18

Jeroen Wrote:Yup Confused

Really strange. Although now that I think about it, when I was adding this they wouldn't show up for me either and I was pulling my hair out as to why. Then I updated my build and they suddenly showed up. So maybe try a different xbmc build Huh

OK, thanks for the suggestion Jeroen!

Although, it seems that the SVN PPA isn't working right now, from reading the sticky in the Linux forum, so I can't try it right now... My current build is only a little more thank a week old, though.

PS. where do you guys download the Subtitle script that works with refocus?

- Jeroen - 2010-07-18

ECEC Wrote:Hitting EXIT from videos/music libraries goes to a very tiny list, as opposed to the Home\Whatever menu item I would expect. I can get to the Home screen by pressing ESCAPE, but that takes me all the way back. It's very confusing for the average user (ie wife).
Hitting back will take you to the higher level nodes in the library. This will not be changed as the cons outweigh the pros imo. Adding an option for this would basically mean doubling the code for the menu system and adding a lot of conditionals.

For anyone wanting a custom mod with "Back" skipping the higher levels, the solution is really simple though.
  • open up HomeSubMenu.xml
  • add a "return" parameter to any entry you wish to have this behaviour
  • An example:
PHP Code:
<item id="2">
    <
label>$LOCALIZE[342]</label>
    <
onclick>ActivateWindow(MyVideoLibrary,movietitles,return)</onclick>
    <
onclick>Dialog.Close(shutdownmenu)</onclick>
    <
visible>Library.HasContent(movies)</visible>
</
item

But if I understand you correctly you also want the submenu entry you chose to stay "open" until you return. I can have a look at it, but I'm afraid that's a tall order.

Quote:This is especially frustrating for the Settings menu. When I go to Settings > Appearance, there's no way for me to get back to Settings without going to Home > Settings again.
Go into skin settings->main menu and enable "open settings screen instead of settings menu"
This will allow you to go back to the settings screen after having been in one of the category.
This will disable the home submenu however and go through a settings page first.
Alternately, don't change the above setting and open up SettingsCategory.xml and add this line:

<previouswindow>settings</previouswindow>

at the very top of the file under <window id="4">

Quote:Some minor stuff:
Also, I think I've seen you say no to this before, but I would really like to have the option of having TV Shows/Movies as part of the home screen.
Yeah, that's going to stay the way it is. It's just one click.

Quote:Have you considered using Music fanart as the backdrop when you have music highlighted on the Home menu?
I want to stay away from having overly busy homescreens with backgrounds changing with every keypress. So that would be a no. I will be adding an option to display music fanart as the homescreen slideshow though.

Quote:Is there a way/option for me to get normally capitalized text?
Yup. By modding the fonts.xml file Wink
By looking at the font names and at the font files themselves it really shouldn't be hard.
I will be adding an alternate fontset which is like you want, but it's just not very high on the list. Probably 0.9 material.

Quote:I hope none of that sounds negative, this is easily the best theme I use right now! Thanks! Smile
Nope, thanks for the feedback Smile

- Sranshaft - 2010-07-18

Jeroen Wrote:They show up fine for me. Anyone else having this problem? The only thing I can think of is something going wrong with compiling the textures or something.

I was thinking this myself but everything works fine for the video OSD. It's only the music OSD that's giving me problems. I'll try another clean update and see if it irons things out in the mean time.

Edit: I just noticed WinRAR encounters a problem with one of the files while unzipping; will have to check again to see which one. I'll try unzipping with another program and see if that's the cause.

- Ayla - 2010-07-18

Sranshaft Wrote:Edit: I just noticed WinRAR encounters a problem with one of the files while unzipping; will have to check again to see which one. I'll try unzipping with another program and see if that's the cause.

Me too, I had to use different unpacking programs to get it to work.

It fails on the "Canal+ Espana" studio logo (because of the Spanish "n" in "Espana". The Ñ sign I think.

- tungmeister - 2010-07-18

just made a quick mod if anyone's interested, it replaces videos with tv and movies on the main menu, selectable from the skins main menu settings.
DOWNLOAD

- Jeroen - 2010-07-18

Sranshaft Wrote:Edit: I just noticed WinRAR encounters a problem with one of the files while unzipping; will have to check again to see which one. I'll try unzipping with another program and see if that's the cause.

Ayla Wrote:Me too, I had to use different unpacking programs to get it to work.

It fails on the "Canal+ Espana" studio logo (because of the Spanish "n" in "Espana". The Ñ sign I think.

The packing was done with 7-Zip at the default settings. So maybe try unpacking with that? Let me know how that works out.
In any case I'll probably replace the zip later

- Sranshaft - 2010-07-19

Jeroen Wrote:The packing was done with 7-Zip at the default settings. So maybe try unpacking with that? Let me know how that works out.
In any case I'll probably replace the zip later

Yeah, 7-Zip worked fine. Still getting the missing textures on the music OSD though. Any luck finding a cause for that?

- Jeroen - 2010-07-19

Sranshaft Wrote:Yeah, 7-Zip worked fine. Still getting the missing textures on the music OSD though. Any luck finding a cause for that?

Yup, downloaded the packaged 0.8.5 myself and had the same problem. I located the problem and as I expect everyone to have this problem I made a new download for it. So, 0.8.6 is here a lot sooner than expected Wink

reFocus 0.8.6

Cheers,
Jeroen

- Galefury - 2010-07-19

off: 7z archiver FTW !
on: the busy/working animation is moving backwards. is this intended ? 0.8.6, of course.

- Jeroen - 2010-07-19

Galefury Wrote:the busy/working animation is moving backwards. is this intended ?
Heh, not really Rolleyes Didn't even occur to me to be honest. Will fix, cheers.

- sandman4sure - 2010-07-19

The new release looks awesome! Thank you. I like the new episode list view.

I only tried it out shortly, but saw a problem with the update text overlapping the clock in the home menu.

Als, when there is a lot of information on the movie info screen (language etc) the last line overlapped the cast info

- Galefury - 2010-07-19

I agree, to much info in info screen. Most movies have English audio and subtitles are always in my native language, so...
And I get cast overlaping too.

- Jeroen - 2010-07-19

Galefury Wrote:I agree, to much info in info screen. Most movies have English audio and subtitles are always in my native language, so...
And I get cast overlaping too.

Most of my movies and shows have english audio, but if no dutch subs are available I like to have english subs available.

And after all it is a movie info screen.. But I will do something about the overlapping.
However I would rather use the entire area next to the poster for the cast list when active, but I ran into some trouble with that. But I'll look into that some more later.

- Galefury - 2010-07-19

Can movie duration be displayed as 1h:32min instead of 92min ?

- Kolabor - 2010-07-19

While I was translating reFocus I've found this:
PHP Code:
<string id="31127">Starring</string>
<
string id="31127">Min</string
Should those ID numbers be the same Jeroen?