Kodi Community Forum
v12 reFocus 0.9.5 for Frodo (deprecated) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: reFocus (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=72)
+----- Thread: v12 reFocus 0.9.5 for Frodo (deprecated) (/showthread.php?tid=75867)

- handsomepete - 2010-07-20

how do i get the morning/afternoon/evening backdrops to work?

- Jeroen - 2010-07-20

jabba200 Wrote:how do i get the morning/afternoon/evening backdrops to work?

nothing really, they should just work out of the box

- RockDawg - 2010-07-20

Jeroen Wrote:I don't really see any function to them to be honest. Because you will always need to display the show title in text when there's no logo available. It's nice and all, but a bit too gimmicky for my taste.

Does this mean you've had a change of heart? In the Logo mod thread you said you liked it and were considering implementing something like it.

I don't understand the "what if there's no logo available". That's a potential problem with all covers/artwork. I have movies where there aren't covers or fanart available for them (especially fanart. I have a bunch of movies with no fanart). Personally, I've never been big on fanart, but for TV shows the logo now makes the fanart work great IMO since the fanart usually never has the name of the show or the logo on it it, they compliment each other perfectly without being redundant.

That's all just my two cents so please don't take it as a complaint or me trying to push you to add logos. I was just hoping to see this in reFocus some day.

- Eoghlear - 2010-07-20

Jeroen,

Tungmeister did a great job by allowing seperate buttons for movies and tv shows, could this be implemented in the main version as well.
It also read something about the 'back' button as it now takes all the way back to the main menu when in settings? Or is there an option to turn this off?
I also have some performance issues with the 'next' layout. Upon ending a movie/tv show and skimming through them, it often has to reload all images (or could this because of the limitations on the atom 330?)

And some images (imageshack) of minor bugs:

- Jeroen - 2010-07-20

RockDawg Wrote:Does this mean you've had a change of heart? In the Logo mod thread you said you liked it and were considering implementing something like it.
I was writing a lengthy motivation in response to your post as to what my reasons are, but I decided I'm not going to bore you with all that Laugh

Let me zoom in on:

Quote:since the fanart usually never has the name of the show or the logo on it it, they compliment each other perfectly without being redundant.
Thankfully not. I diabolically hate fanart with logos or text on them because there is no fixed place for the logos so that the skinner can take it into account with regards to the skin design.

You're right that in certain cases they can compliment each other when the placement of logos can be decided upon by the skinner.

So, in respect to the above the gallery viewtype has always been the only place where I have considered to use the logos.

Quote:That's all just my two cents so please don't take it as a complaint or me trying to push you to add logos. I was just hoping to see this in reFocus some day.
Not taken as such. I will give it some more thought and reconsider. However, the logos will never be implemented in all the viewtypes. Like I said, the Gallery viewtype is the only place I ever considered placing them in. Because, like said above, the posters already have the logos in them 9 out of 10 times. And they would be optional and off by default.

- Jeroen - 2010-07-20

Eoghlear Wrote:Jeroen,
Tungmeister did a great job by allowing seperate buttons for movies and tv shows, could this be implemented in the main version as well.
Well, that's the nice thing about mods, you can tailor skins to your own preferences. I don't expect drastic changes in the homemenu for some time, so applying Tungmeister's mod in new versions shouldn't pose any problems. Although I have squashed a couple of bugs in it today.

Quote:It also read something about the 'back' button as it now takes all the way back to the main menu when in settings? Or is there an option to turn this off?
There's something about it in this post: http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=570300&postcount=317

Quote:I also have some performance issues with the 'next' layout. Upon ending a movie/tv show and skimming through them, it often has to reload all images (or could this because of the limitations on the atom 330?)
Next isn't a layout, it's simply a button that flips through all the viewtypes. It's actually planned to be removed at some point, it's basically just there for me to skip to experimental viewtypes that don't have a button in the "choose viewtype" menu. But yeah that could cause reloading on slower systems.

Quote:And some images (imageshack) of minor bugs:
Good catch, will fix. Although I don't see the bug in the second screenshot? Cheers Smile

- >>X<< - 2010-07-20

Eoghlear Wrote:Upon ending a movie/tv show and skimming through them, it often has to reload all images (or could this because of the limitations on the atom 330?)

Slow loading images are a limitation of your system stick a fast SSD in your 330 Smile

- Eoghlear - 2010-07-20

What i meant was the 'gallery' layout Smile
The bug is the overlapping text of the selected menu item and the next/previous one

- Jeroen - 2010-07-20

Eoghlear Wrote:What i meant was the 'gallery' layout Smile
The bug is the overlapping text of the selected menu item and the next/previous one

Oh I see, yeah that viewtype's a bit harder for slower systems
Yeah, the text overlaps a bit. Doesn't really bother me to be honest, it's just a couple of pixels and only with specific characters. I made the labels taller at some point but it looked worse imo, and the menu became quite a bit larger because of it.

- dratstab - 2010-07-21

Jeroen Wrote:You're welcome. The viewtype works well for episodes because the episodes have (or should have) short, to the point, plot descriptions. Reading long pieces of text like artist descriptions within that relatively small area isn't exactly ideal. So I don't know how the view would work well for artists really.

I don't like the artist list view as I find it a little boring with the artist picture disconnected from the artist name, and the slide view pictures are too large to really navigate with them. I was thinking a big list with a small artist picture and then just the artist name (& maybe genre) would be a nice way to navigate.

- TerranQ - 2010-07-21

Jeroen Wrote:Like I said, the Gallery viewtype is the only place I ever considered placing them in.

Woops, forgot to mention that's the view I was wanting them in. That's the only view I put them in myself. I think they work pretty slick there

- RockDawg - 2010-07-21

Jeroen Wrote:I was writing a lengthy motivation in response to your post as to what my reasons are, but I decided I'm not going to bore you with all that Laugh

Let me zoom in on:

Thankfully not. I diabolically hate fanart with logos or text on them because there is no fixed place for the logos so that the skinner can take it into account with regards to the skin design.

You're right that in certain cases they can compliment each other when the placement of logos can be decided upon by the skinner.

So, in respect to the above the gallery viewtype has always been the only place where I have considered to use the logos.

Not taken as such. I will give it some more thought and reconsider. However, the logos will never be implemented in all the viewtypes. Like I said, the Gallery viewtype is the only place I ever considered placing them in. Because, like said above, the posters already have the logos in them 9 out of 10 times. And they would be optional and off by default.

Last note on this:

Glad to know you are still at least considering them. I thought by your previous post that they were now off the table. Adding them in the gallery view would be great. I agree they are redundant in the same view with posters, but other views such as say the banner view substituting logos for the banners would be really cool IMO and would really mesh with the clean look and layout of reFocus.

Whatever you do, thanks for taking the time to create reFocus and sharing it with us. It is a sweet skin.

- Jeroen - 2010-07-21

dratstab Wrote:I don't like the artist list view as I find it a little boring with the artist picture disconnected from the artist name, and the slide view pictures are too large to really navigate with them. I was thinking a big list with a small artist picture and then just the artist name (& maybe genre) would be a nice way to navigate.

But the big empty spaces would look out of place imo.
What about a panel based view? So think of the big list viewtype cut in half so that you have two columns?

- Galefury - 2010-07-21

A small suggestion about big list view: can it be modified so that the white strip is fixed in the middle ? It would be more easy on the eyes.

- dratstab - 2010-07-21

Jeroen Wrote:But the big empty spaces would look out of place imo.
What about a panel based view? So think of the big list viewtype cut in half so that you have two columns?

Hmm, yeah that might look quite nice actually. Thank you Smile