Kodi Community Forum
v12 reFocus 0.9.5 for Frodo (deprecated) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: reFocus (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=72)
+----- Thread: v12 reFocus 0.9.5 for Frodo (deprecated) (/showthread.php?tid=75867)

- redcubed - 2010-07-27

eaver Wrote:Tried your XML (both of them) file but logos are not showing in the tv library gallery view, text only!

Firstly, make sure to use this XML file, as the other one has a visible setting that is not incorporated in the skin. Next make sure you have got a file named 'logo.png' inside each of the TV shows folders e.g. c:\TVShows\Fringe\logo.png

As long as this file is there it should work.

Let me know some more details if you are still having problems.

- RockDawg - 2010-07-27

Could you add reboot and system info to the exit menu please. I find myself having to switch to Confluence occassionally to access these two things.

Also, when switching skins back to reFocus and then hitting the back button, I see a different settings menu with icons. Normally when I hit settings from the main menu, I get a menu that looks similar in format to the main menu. The problem with it is that when you try to back out of a settings category (like appearance) it takes you all the way back to the main menu which is a kind of a pain if you want to go back into a different settings category. The "different" settings menu I found will back out to the settings main menu. What's with the two different settings menus?

- Galefury - 2010-07-27

System info is in accessories menu.

- RockDawg - 2010-07-27

Galefury Wrote:System info is in accessories menu.

Ahh. Thanks! I missed that.

- Jeroen - 2010-07-27

RockDawg Wrote:Could you add reboot and system info to the exit menu please. I find myself having to switch to Confluence occassionally to access these two things.

Also, when switching skins back to reFocus and then hitting the back button, I see a different settings menu with icons. Normally when I hit settings from the main menu, I get a menu that looks similar in format to the main menu. The problem with it is that when you try to back out of a settings category (like appearance) it takes you all the way back to the main menu which is a kind of a pain if you want to go back into a different settings category. The "different" settings menu I found will back out to the settings main menu. What's with the two different settings menus?
There is just one settings screen. First there was no settings screen at all because all categories were accessible through the home menu. The settings screen was added because some people didn't like that going back from a settings category page would take you back to the main menu. And also as a fallback when switching from another skin.
You can set what you prefer to use in the skin settings.
It will however always display the settings screen once when you switch from another skin, regardless of the skin setting.

- willers.nail - 2010-07-27

I understand what your saying and I'll bring it up over at the XBMC4XBOX forums. I may even try what your saying if its not too difficult? Thanks again for this amazing skin its one of my favourites at the mo!

- Jeroen - 2010-07-27

willers.nail Wrote:I understand what your saying and I'll bring it up over at the XBMC4XBOX forums. I may even try what your saying if its not too difficult? Thanks again for this amazing skin its one of my favourites at the mo!

Of course an at least basic understanding of the skinning engine would be needed. But seems like a nice project to start learning Smile
The best thing to do first I think would be to merge the now removed windows back from 0.8.1 and incorporate a button in the home menu to access scripts again. This should take care of most of the current issues.

Also this would be of interest to you as it gives a good overview where most of the differences occur between xbmc and xbmc4xbox: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=74818

- eaver - 2010-07-27

redcubed Wrote:Firstly, make sure to use this XML file, as the other one has a visible setting that is not incorporated in the skin. Next make sure you have got a file named 'logo.png' inside each of the TV shows folders e.g. c:\TVShows\Fringe\logo.png

As long as this file is there it should work.

Let me know some more details if you are still having problems.

Still not showing any logos. Shouldn't there be another modified xml file for this to work (IncludesPageLabels)? The old logo mod used to work before with the two modded xml files before the skin got updated.

- Jeroen - 2010-07-27

@ redcubed: would you mind starting a separate thread regarding the mod?

I have no problems with the mod at all, but I would like to keep this thread limited to discussion about the current releases.

Thanks, Jeroen

- redje - 2010-07-27

is there any chance that cdarts will be supported? I just did +300 cdarts and will be uploading another +300 to xbmcstuff.com

- Ayla - 2010-07-27

Ayla Wrote:Thanks a lot for doing this Jeroen, really appreciate it! Smile

I just read up on it and it seems that we should follow what "mediainfo" detects / calls the codecs.

Both Ember Media Manager and XBMC (I'm pretty sure XBMC uses it too) use the mediainfo application (or .dll) for detecting video/audio codecs.

I ran some movies with HD audio tracks through MediaInfo on my Mac and did some google searching, this is the results:

-----------------------------------

DTS HD Master Audio is called: dtsma

DTS HD (real name is "DTS-HD HR" it seems) is called: dtshr

Dolby TrueHD is called: truehd

LPCM is called: pcm

-----------------------------------

I think those are the four we need Smile

PS. I read about the HD audio codecs here:
http://forum.blu-ray.com/audio-theory-discussion/41820-guide-home-theater-audio-codecs.html

Thanks again Jeroen!

Jeroen, besides the HD audio media flags, there's also a widely used video codec media flag that I miss... That's "VC-1".

I have that on a lot of my Blu-ray's but I've never seen a media flag for it.

mediainfo calls it: vc-1

Of course, it's only if you have the time.

Thanks again Smile

- Jeroen - 2010-07-27

Ayla Wrote:Jeroen, besides the HD audio media flags, there's also a widely used video codec media flag that I miss... That's "VC-1".

I have that on a lot of my Blu-ray's but I've never seen a media flag for it.

mediainfo calls it: vc-1

Of course, it's only if you have the time.

Thanks again Smile

Do you have any thought as to how the flag should look like? If I understand correctly vc-1 is a microsoft codec that was accepted as a standard. And Windows Media Video 9 is a current implementation of VC-1?
I tell you, nothing as confusing as codecs and their 1001 implementations...Confused

edit: can you drop these flags in the refocus/flags/type folder and check if they show up on selected files?
http://code.google.com/p/xbmc-focus/downloads/detail?name=codecflagtest.zip&can=2&q=#makechanges

- RazorFR - 2010-07-27

I think adding genre to the video submenu doesn't work in 8.6.
Everything else is really cool. Great work and thanks a lot Jeroen.

- Ayla - 2010-07-27

Jeroen Wrote:Do you have any thought as to how the flag should look like? If I understand correctly vc-1 is a microsoft codec that was accepted as a standard. And Windows Media Video 9 is a current implementation of VC-1?
I tell you, nothing as confusing as codecs and their 1001 implementations...Confused

I was thinking it could just look like the "HD" logo overlay that you put over the movie posters in list view when they are high def.

I really like that simple grey logo, it's the one that fits the skin best I think... Of course change the text to "VC-1", haha Big Grin

If it was up to me, all the "H264", "720p", "1080p" etc. logo's, would just be like that "HD" logo you made. I like the square design (rounded corners) and the font a lot, and that way they would all follow a similar design scheme.

But what do I know, I'm not much of a designer I'm afraid.

Cheers Smile
Martin

- Jeroen - 2010-07-27

RazorFR Wrote:I think adding genre to the video submenu doesn't work in 8.6.
Everything else is really cool. Great work and thanks a lot Jeroen.

Thanks Smile Good catch, the genre skin setting for that shouldn't actually even be there.