Kodi Community Forum
v12 reFocus 0.9.5 for Frodo (deprecated) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: reFocus (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=72)
+----- Thread: v12 reFocus 0.9.5 for Frodo (deprecated) (/showthread.php?tid=75867)

- Ayla - 2010-08-15

Jeroen Wrote:Great Smile Yeah I'll probably do that. And seeing as there's also a Youtube Trailers add-on I'm probably going to make it customizable so that you can choose from script, plugin, other trailer add-on, etc.

Oh no, I spoke to soon Smile

I can't play a trailer when in the Newest section of the plugin version.

Nothing happens when I click on the trailers.

I also tried Movie Information for the trailer and then left click and "Play".

Nothing happens?

Same for you Jeroen?

- Jeroen - 2010-08-15

Hmm, yeah the same for me unfortunately Sad

- RazorFR - 2010-08-15

Hi Jeroen,

Thanks for this update, and for refocus in general, everyone here is loving it.
2 or 3 bugs I have noticed

1. When playing songs, Genre and formed in infos are displaying in a number of views... I am pretty sure it wasn't happening in 8.6

2. Programs (I used launcher plugin to launch games on TV). The list is blank. You have to change view then the list of programs is displayed. I put them in favourites to bypass this problem.
3. Kiosk mode is GREAT, thanks for this. The only thing I have noticed is when in info view you can still call the set up screen (poster / fanart etc...). This side menu list in info screen is the only thing I find a bit strange anyway
4. When near 1.0, I think color themes would definitely be a great addition (green / Yellow). That would kick ass!

Many thanks for all the work you put into this.

- Sranshaft - 2010-08-16

I can confirm bugs 1 and 2 noted by Razor. I've found a few myself.

1. Movie Information screen: Pressing right slides the cover images off-screen to the left. Nothing else happens.

2. Movie Information screen: When selecting to view 'Cast', the rest of the information is still visible unlike in the TV Information screen which produces the overlapping of information.

3. TV Information screen: When selecting to view 'Cast', the episode thumbnail remains visible overlapping the actor thumbnail until the user presses right.

4. Gallery view: There seems to be a 4-5 pixel space on the left side that shows the previous fanart.

5. Banner view: The rounded corners at the top left and right do not appear to line up with the rounded corners of the image below it. This is most noticeable when the banner is of a darker / black image.

6. Home Screen: This may just be my system but when backing out to the home screen, there is a noticeable pause before the menu is displayed. It seems to coincide with the timing of the fanart switch.

I had a thought when I first saw the new setting screens from 0.8.6, take from it what you will, but I think it lends itself to the information screen quite nicely.

- Jeroen - 2010-08-16

RazorFR Wrote:1. When playing songs, Genre and formed in infos are displaying in a number of views... I am pretty sure it wasn't happening in 8.6
You're right, I added this information to be used when listing artists, so it shouldn't appear here. Noted to fix.

Quote:2. Programs (I used launcher plugin to launch games on TV). The list is blank. You have to change view then the list of programs is displayed. I put them in favourites to bypass this problem.
So does this happen with Launcher specifically? The list of programs lists fine for me. Only thing I noticed is that when I use Executor (similar to launcher) and cancel it, then I do get an empty list.

Quote:3. Kiosk mode is GREAT, thanks for this. The only thing I have noticed is when in info view you can still call the set up screen (poster / fanart etc...).
Right. Will fix.

Thanks for the feedback Smile

- Jeroen - 2010-08-16

Sranshaft Wrote:1. Movie Information screen: Pressing right slides the cover images off-screen to the left. Nothing else happens.
Leftover from an experiment Laugh Will fix

Quote:2. Movie Information screen: When selecting to view 'Cast', the rest of the information is still visible unlike in the TV Information screen which produces the overlapping of information.

3. TV Information screen: When selecting to view 'Cast', the episode thumbnail remains visible overlapping the actor thumbnail until the user presses right.
I'm going to try and fix up the problems with the cast list for the next release.

Quote:4. Gallery view: There seems to be a 4-5 pixel space on the left side that shows the previous fanart.
I'm not seeing that, are you sure your calibration doesn't need adjusting?

Quote:5. Banner view: The rounded corners at the top left and right do not appear to line up with the rounded corners of the image below it. This is most noticeable when the banner is of a darker / black image.
Good eye Smile

Quote:6. Home Screen: This may just be my system but when backing out to the home screen, there is a noticeable pause before the menu is displayed. It seems to coincide with the timing of the fanart switch.
I get this too sometimes. But I get this with Confluence as well. So I'm kind of hoping this is something that needs ironing out in XBMC itself. Because this wasn't always the case. I'll see what I can do with the WindowOpen animation and such, not sure what else I can do about it.

Quote:I had a thought when I first saw the new setting screens from 0.8.6, take from it what you will, but I think it lends itself to the information screen quite nicely.
I'm not sure what you mean by this? Do you mean the system information?

Thanks Smile

- Sranshaft - 2010-08-16

Jeroen Wrote:I'm not seeing that, are you sure your calibration doesn't need adjusting?

No, everything is properly adjusted. I'll take another look at it.

Jeroen Wrote:Good eye Smile

In regards to the banner view, it's safe to assume that there might be a few user switching over from Alaska. Have you considered using the setup Hitcher has used when dealing with banners? I mean, utilizing a banner.jpg for the image.

Jeroen Wrote:I get this too sometimes. But I get this with Confluence as well. So I'm kind of hoping this is something that needs ironing out in XBMC itself. Because this wasn't always the case. I'll see what I can do with the WindowOpen animation and such, not sure what else I can do about it.

I'm hoping it gets ironed out as well. It seems to be getting worse with each revision. It's one of the biggest things that ruins the whole experience.

Jeroen Wrote:I'm not sure what you mean by this? Do you mean the system information?

I'm talking about the menu system you have set up for the setting windows (Video Settings, Audio Settings, etc). I guess it's a bit hard to describe in words. I'll throw together a quick mockup to better convey what I mean.

- bosel - 2010-08-16

I've found a bit of a show stopper (at least for me):
Certain addons generate a series of "links" that refocus does not show initially.
the links are all there and show up when changing viewtype, however changing view whenever i change pages within a plugin is not ideal.

as an example this affects the southparkstudios addon, and the nos wk 2010 addon, which i've adapted to play the nos journaal.

Please let me know if you need additional info.

(also, the fanart that shows when xbmc launches with refocus does not show up for me on ubuntu, it does on my mac)

- RandomXBMCUser - 2010-08-17

Can anyone post the steps to get the standard back button to go back instead of pressing left on Windows? Its not the same routine as posted in the thread.

- butchabay - 2010-08-17

RandomXBMCUser Wrote:Can anyone post the steps to get the standard back button to go back instead of pressing left on Windows? Its not the same routine as posted in the thread.

Maybe this could help you ? See this Thread, at Post Nr. 285

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=70890&page=29

- Jeroen - 2010-08-17

bosel Wrote:I've found a bit of a show stopper (at least for me):
Certain addons generate a series of "links" that refocus does not show initially.
the links are all there and show up when changing viewtype, however changing view whenever i change pages within a plugin is not ideal.

as an example this affects the southparkstudios addon, and the nos wk 2010 addon, which i've adapted to play the nos journaal.
Allright, I will look into this. Cheers

- Galefury - 2010-08-17

Jeroen, can you make the video info screen look more like the one for songs ? Here's a quick mockup I made to show you what I mean.

- Jeroen - 2010-08-17

bosel Wrote:I've found a bit of a show stopper (at least for me):

I've looked into this. It seems it is caused by some change in XBMC. To give things a smoother feel I have set the content listing to hide whenever the progressbar dialog is activated. Once that dialog is hidden again because it has received the list of items the content listing should reappear again. It seems that whenever this process takes a longer time (which of course in the case of pulling down a list of online content is often the case) the dialog doesn't give back focus to the list or something, thus it stays hidden.

I like to keep doing this so I will ask the devs about this. For now you can fix this by opening ViewsVideo.xml in a text editor and delete the line that says:

PHP Code:
<visible>!Window.IsActive(progressdialog)</visible

It is at the beginning of the file (line 20)

Greetings,
Jeroen

- MaDDoGo - 2010-08-17

Hi,

I've found a bug in banners view: studio logo isn't showing due changes in file structure.

Change line 1638 into this (in ViewsVideo.xml):
Quote:<texture fallback="flags/default.png">$INFO[Listitem.studio,flags/networks/mono/,.png]</texture>

That fix this Tongue But maybe is one of the few logos (or the only one) that isn't in IncludeFlags.xml Big Grin

Bye!

PS:

To Srnshaft: temp fix for banners change lines 1571 to 1573 (in ViewsVideo.xml too):

Quote: <width>799</width>
<height>148</height>
<texture diffuse="frames/bannerFrameMaskAlt.png" fallback="thumbs/banner.png">$INFO[ListItem.Path,,banner.jpg]</texture>

- Sranshaft - 2010-08-17

MaDDoGo Wrote:To Srnshaft: temp fix for banners change lines 1571 to 1573 (in ViewsVideo.xml too):

Already did that with my copy. Just thought Jereon might like to add this as standard.