Kodi Community Forum
v12 reFocus 0.9.5 for Frodo (deprecated) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: reFocus (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=72)
+----- Thread: v12 reFocus 0.9.5 for Frodo (deprecated) (/showthread.php?tid=75867)

- MaDDoGo - 2010-09-01

Hi,

I've found a bug too. If you are viewing a movie / show and you pick back, you go back but then the global time and the movie/show information (duration, title and genres) overlaps.

I have a long time question and it is why the paused bar is behind all things when a video is paused?

Cheers!

- Jeroen - 2010-09-01

MaDDoGo Wrote:Hi,

I've found a bug too. If you are viewing a movie / show and you pick back, you go back but then the global time and the movie/show information (duration, title and genres) overlaps.
I haven't been able to reproduce this, but maybe it's because of changes I made after 0.8.8. So should be fixed in 0.8.9

Quote:I have a long time question and it is why the paused bar is behind all things when a video is paused?

Cheers!
I'm not sure what you mean by this

- loggio - 2010-09-01

I mentioned this in an earlier post that the scrolling lagged while trying to quickly move through poster views, things slow down... I've noticed while using confluence in poster view that while scrolling quickly the images won't load or buffer until scrolling comes to a halt...

but in your skin, all images are showing while trying to move quickly through the posters, causing it to slow...

Try scrolling through Cirrus thumbnail view quickly & confluence poster view and you'll see what i mean about it only showing the images when scrolling slows or stops.

speds things up 10 fold,

- MaDDoGo - 2010-09-01

This is what I mean (you can't reproduce it because you have to pause the video before press back button):

And about the bar thing, doesn't the bar (bottom bar) have to be seen only in playing screen?
Thanks Tongue

- sojer2005 - 2010-09-01

Sranshaft Wrote:That's the fast scrolling letter. It indicates where the user is when quickly scrolling through lists. While it's not a bug in regards to reFocus, I've noticed it doesn't update as quickly or as smoothly as one would hope. This is more of a XBMC problem and nothing to do with the skin.

Is it possible to disable this feature?

Video (poor q) about this fast scrolling issue:

http://www.youtube.com/user/sojer2005?feature=mhum#p/u/0/eXPmq0MfIZg

when i'm scrolling deep space nine episodes - the digit "2" is showing up
when damages - the digit "1"
in twin peaks episodes - digit "8"
Wink

- Jeroen - 2010-09-01

loggio Wrote:I mentioned this in an earlier post that the scrolling lagged while trying to quickly move through poster views, things slow down... I've noticed while using confluence in poster view that while scrolling quickly the images won't load or buffer until scrolling comes to a halt...

but in your skin, all images are showing while trying to move quickly through the posters, causing it to slow...

Try scrolling through Cirrus thumbnail view quickly & confluence poster view and you'll see what i mean about it only showing the images when scrolling slows or stops.

speds things up 10 fold,

For me Confluence loads all images too, so it could be down to how fast the system is. That said though I did notice that I forgot to set the poster images as textures to load in the background. I have now also set it to always preload 4 images. So I'm hoping this will speed it up for you. It did for me although nothing earth shattering. If you have to scroll through a large library though I would advice to use the scrollbars as that will always be much faster.

MaDDoGo Wrote:This is what I mean (you can't reproduce it because you have to pause the video before press back button):

And about the bar thing, doesn't the bar (bottom bar) have to be seen only in playing screen?
Thanks Tongue
Interesting. Yes, that bar should only display in fullscreen. I'll look into it, thanks

sojer2005 Wrote:Is it possible to disable this feature?

Video (poor q) about this fast scrolling issue:

http://www.youtube.com/user/sojer2005?feature=mhum#p/u/0/eXPmq0MfIZg

when i'm scrolling deep space nine episodes - the digit "2" is showing up
when damages - the digit "1"
in twin peaks episodes - digit "8"
Wink
The fast scrolling indicator will display whatever the viewtype is sorted to, in this case the episode number. I guess it doesn't really need to be active for episode numbers, so I'll probably disable that. It's going to stay for titles though.

Hebrew characters? - chupy - 2010-09-04

Hi,

[edit: just saw under "Good to Know" section that there is no support for UTF-8 fonts - does this mean the below cannot be achieved?]

I am kind of new to the XBMC scene, and a reFocus fan. This is an amazing skin!!

I have a question regarding file names/ titles / info and all other texts that may appear in a non-English language (in my case - Hebrew): is there a way to make them appear instead of the current squares? I have no idea how to make this, and just the thought of having to convert a great deal of my music library depresses me Big Grin

Can anyone assist? Huh

Thanks!!

- Jeroen - 2010-09-04

chupy Wrote:Hi,

[edit: just saw under "Good to Know" section that there is no support for UTF-8 fonts - does this mean the below cannot be achieved?]

I am kind of new to the XBMC scene, and a reFocus fan. This is an amazing skin!!
Thank you. It can be achieved but not without sacrificing the look of the skin. reFocus/XBMC can support unicode fonts just fine. The problem is that fonts with full unicode support are scarce, let alone unicode fonts without severe usage limitations.

I'll be including unicode supported fonts in reFocus soon (you can track what is currently being implemented here). It will be an alternate fontset you can choose and the skin won't look anything near as nice as with the default fontset but that's the best I can do.

- rd1979 - 2010-09-05

This is an awesome skin. However, I have only ONE issue of note that I can bring up, most of the others I ever had were either already addressed/discussed.

When using a remote, there is now way to return to fullscreen playback when a video is pulled out of fullscreen. I have to press Tab on the keyboard to get back. In skins like Confluence or PMII for example, there's always someplace I can maneuver to and hit enter to return.

Other than the Unicode issue and the lowercase thing, there's really nothing I can think of, this skin already looks and works great.

- Jeroen - 2010-09-05

I have thought about that before, and one thing I could think of was to turn the media overlay (so the notification in the top right that tells you what's playing) into a button that you could use to get back to the video. The problem there is the discoverability of such a feature coupled with the possibly confusing navigation.

I'm not sure how this is done in Confluence but I'll have a look and see what I can do. An entry in the sidemenu would probably make the most sense, although that's becoming a bit crowded.

Thanks Smile

- tungmeister - 2010-09-05

another issue I've noticed is that once media has finished playing, be it film or TV, the fan art will disappear and not reappear until l the view is reloaded, I checked through a few other skins and this issue appears to be reFocus dependant.

- creanium - 2010-09-06

Not sure if this is a reFocus issue, or an XBMC issue.

I'm running reFocus 0.8.8, Ubuntu 9.10, XBMC Live Dharma Beta 1.

Selecting an episode of a show I was previously watching, the menu pops-up asking if I want to resume from where I was when I stopped. I select that, the video starts playing, and the popup menu stays on top of the video. In about 3 seconds, XBMC crashes and restarts itself.

- mortstar - 2010-09-06

This is a really fantastic skin.

One request that I have would be the ability to change the time between transitions on the fanart slideshow on the homescreen. The current timing is a little too quick for my own personal preference. Being able to edit this in the skin settings would be sweet.

Thanks for your awesome work

- Bobby Blixberg - 2010-09-06

Very nice skin indeed.

There is one issue: I am using german interface language, unfortunately all words with special german letters are cut off - here's an example:

- Jeroen - 2010-09-06

tungmeister Wrote:another issue I've noticed is that once media has finished playing, be it film or TV, the fan art will disappear and not reappear until l the view is reloaded, I checked through a few other skins and this issue appears to be reFocus dependant.
I have not been able to reproduce this using 0.8.8 or my dev version on Dharma Beta 1.

creanium Wrote:Not sure if this is a reFocus issue, or an XBMC issue.

I'm running reFocus 0.8.8, Ubuntu 9.10, XBMC Live Dharma Beta 1.

Selecting an episode of a show I was previously watching, the menu pops-up asking if I want to resume from where I was when I stopped. I select that, the video starts playing, and the popup menu stays on top of the video. In about 3 seconds, XBMC crashes and restarts itself.
Would you mind posting a debug/crash log in the general support forum section? I have not seen this behavior on Dharna Beta 1 but I am running on Windows 7 so I'm guessing it's XBMC Live or ubuntu specific.

mortstar Wrote:This is a really fantastic skin.

One request that I have would be the ability to change the time between transitions on the fanart slideshow on the homescreen. The current timing is a little too quick for my own personal preference. Being able to edit this in the skin settings would be sweet.

Thanks for your awesome work
I'm not keen on making a skin setting for this.

Firstly because there is no good way to go about this at the moment. Ideally you would want to have a spin control for this so that the user can set this value exactly to his liking (up to the millisecond basically).
However. the skinning engine currently does not provide a way for the skinner to use spincontrols for skin settings. This would mean that I would basically have to make three (or so) skin settings and give them values like for instance "short", "medium" and "long" where all three would represent fixed amounts of time. Which would give no guarantee that one of those would fit your preference completely. Plus it would take a relatively large amount of code for something that is really trivial to change manually in the xml.

And secondly, I just can't provide skin settings for everything.

One idea I have had in mind is to move certain settings and configs to a separate simple xml file which would consist of just one-line variables with documentation and would be very easy to edit.
The skin settings would still be in the GUI, but some of the more "obscure" preferences would be editable in that simple file.
Like an advancedsettings.xml, but for the skin. That is post 1.0 though.