Kodi Community Forum
v12 reFocus 0.9.5 for Frodo (deprecated) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: reFocus (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=72)
+----- Thread: v12 reFocus 0.9.5 for Frodo (deprecated) (/showthread.php?tid=75867)

- Jeroen - 2010-09-16

Kolabor Wrote:Repo will be great. I (as Polish translator) would like to test news text strings before You release new version as stable release. Seeing them as text isn't as good, as double checking them in GUI. So yes Nod both thumbs up for repo Jeroen.

About the repo, I think I have some good news. I have found a font that does not have any usage restrictions, it's license free.
And it is very much like the current font in reFocus. So much that it's basically a clone, but looking at the font files I do see very tiny differences (it actually has less aliasing than the original) which does make me believe that it's not just a renamed font.

Long story short this would mean that I would not have to set up a separate repository, reFocus would be able to be included in the official XBMC.org repo.

I say this with some reservation still as the author notes that the font currently is missing some latin characters, but I haven't noticed which ones. But I hope those aren't very important common ones.

Greetings,
Jeroen

- Galefury - 2010-09-17

Jeroen, can you add suport for tv show next aired addon ? If is not too much trouble. For the moment it looks like this
Also, show recently added and played video setting doesn't seems to do anything. I cand get rid of new movies and new episodes from video menu. Thanks.

- mortstar - 2010-09-18

mortstar Wrote:Hey Jeroen

I like this design decision. However, there are two slightly different versions of the BBC logo within reFocus. One is ever so slightly smaller than the other.

I only notice it when they appear straight after each other, for example, 'The Thick Of It' on BBC Two and 'Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy' on BBC One.

Just to add to the BBC logo issues.

I'm not getting a logo for a series "The Mark Steel Lectures" which was aired on BBC Four, so I think there is no logo for BBC Four in re Focus.

- Japaja - 2010-09-19

Amazing skin, can't wait to see it in repo. What is the name of that font, do you have a link so I can test it. I use Croatian language.

Also I have a bug that isn't your fault, but rather Embers. It adds "min" to runtime number so I have for example "120 min minutes". Smile Could u tell me which of your skin files to edit to remove the "minutes". Or if anyone knows how to remove min in Ember.. sorry if its off-topic.

- Sranshaft - 2010-09-19

Japaja Wrote:Amazing skin, can't wait to see it in repo. What is the name of that font, do you have a link so I can test it. I use Croatian language.

Also I have a bug that isn't your fault, but rather Embers. It adds "min" to runtime number so I have for example "120 min minutes". Smile Could u tell me which of your skin files to edit to remove the "minutes". Or if anyone knows how to remove min in Ember.. sorry if its off-topic.

You must be using an old version of XBMC. Dharma doesn't use the runtime field anymore but take the runtime from the files itself. If and when you do upgrade to the Dharma release, you'll need 'minutes' that is currently in reFocus to show. I'd also suggest removing 'min' from all of your xmls too.

- Jeroen - 2010-09-19

Galefury Wrote:Jeroen, can you add suport for tv show next aired addon ? If is not too much trouble. For the moment it looks like this
Also, show recently added and played video setting doesn't seems to do anything. I cand get rid of new movies and new episodes from video menu. Thanks.
Yes, I would like to add support for that add-on. I'll look into the recently added issue. Cheers

mortstar Wrote:Just to add to the BBC logo issues.

I'm not getting a logo for a series "The Mark Steel Lectures" which was aired on BBC Four, so I think there is no logo for BBC Four in re Focus.
Correct, but I added one the other day, so it will be there in the next release.

Japaja Wrote:Amazing skin, can't wait to see it in repo. What is the name of that font, do you have a link so I can test it. I use Croatian language.
Yes, it's on dafont.com, it's called Segan: http://www.dafont.com/segan.font

I noticed it's missing some important glyphs though, but maybe there's something to be done about that.

Sranshaft Wrote:You must be using an old version of XBMC. Dharma doesn't use the runtime field anymore but take the runtime from the files itself. If and when you do upgrade to the Dharma release, you'll need 'minutes' that is currently in reFocus to show. I'd also suggest removing 'min' from all of your xmls too.
Maybe a rescan is needed as well? I'm not sure.

- Japaja - 2010-09-19

Sranshaft Wrote:You must be using an old version of XBMC. Dharma doesn't use the runtime field anymore but take the runtime from the files itself. If and when you do upgrade to the Dharma release, you'll need 'minutes' that is currently in reFocus to show. I'd also suggest removing 'min' from all of your xmls too.

No, I'm using Dharma Beta2. The runtime part would be true if I weren't using Ember media manager. In the end I did it like that removed 'min' from my xmls, thanks.

Jeroen Wrote:Yes, it's on dafont.com, it's called Segan: http://www.dafont.com/segan.font
I noticed it's missing some important glyphs though, but maybe there's something to be done about that.

Heh, it has 3 out of 5 Croatian characters so I give this font as a replacement a C. Big Grin

- Galefury - 2010-09-19

Another thing: the skin is missing a mute icon.

- Jeroen - 2010-09-20

Galefury Wrote:Another thing: the skin is missing a mute icon.

Yes, I'll look into adding that

- Kabooka - 2010-09-20

Excellent Skin mate, works beautifully on Windows as well as OSX.

Looking forward to the final release, best of luck & thanks for all the hard work & time invested by you for us.

- mcborzu - 2010-09-23

Hate to be the "that guy" but any ETA on 0.8.9?

And have you started on the "tv show next aired" script I was just about to do that script myself...

- anarchintosh - 2010-09-23

nice work on the predicted finishing time and time display Smile
im experimenting with creating alternative sounds for the skin,
as im well-versed in Logic 9 and synthesis

if i come up with anything i that i think rivals/supplements the nice un-intrusive clicks currently included in reFocus, i'll post them

- tamago_quin - 2010-09-24

When I'm in strip mode using fullscreen the fanart is zoomed in? is there a place to change this?

- Jeroen - 2010-09-24

Hey guys, sorry for being late to the questions, this week has been really busy for me.

mcborzu Wrote:Hate to be the "that guy" but any ETA on 0.8.9?

And have you started on the "tv show next aired" script I was just about to do that script myself...

I don't really have a release date in mind. I didn't get the chance to do a whole lot recently. Maybe next weekend, but it all depends on how much I can get done the coming week.

No I haven't started on that script yet. Doesn't seem like a whole lot of work, but I'm not sure if I can include it in the next release.

anarchintosh Wrote:nice work on the predicted finishing time and time display Smile
im experimenting with creating alternative sounds for the skin,
as im well-versed in Logic 9 and synthesis

if i come up with anything i that i think rivals/supplements the nice un-intrusive clicks currently included in reFocus, i'll post them

Thanks, I would be very interested to see what you can come up with. In fact, if you want to I would be interested in a unique startup sound for reFocus too. The current one is some clip I got somewhere and that I did some manipulation on in Audacity, but that is where my capabilities end in that field Smile

tamago_quin Wrote:When I'm in strip mode using fullscreen the fanart is zoomed in? is there a place to change this?
The gallery view has two modes, one showing the strip layout, the other one displaying the fanart fullscreen. If you want to get out of fullscreen you can access that function in the left side menu. You can also temporarily zoom in and out of fullscreen when in strip layout by pressing the down button.

Greetings,
Jeroen

- Galefury - 2010-09-27

Another suggestion: can fullscreen gallery view be made to fade when scrolling (like home screen) ? After scrolling a bit in this view I get dizzy.