Kodi Community Forum
v12 reFocus 0.9.5 for Frodo (deprecated) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: reFocus (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=72)
+----- Thread: v12 reFocus 0.9.5 for Frodo (deprecated) (/showthread.php?tid=75867)

- loggio - 2010-10-26

minimalko Wrote:..as well as you don't bookmark every page you have read..sorry but the analogy is just plain wrong

Dude, you could argue any analogy to the extent where you will find it's flaws. Basically it doesn't change the point I'm trying to make, and quite frankly... I think i made my point... To make it blatantly obvious where you left off.

At the end of the day it was just an opinion/suggestion/idea... Call it whatever you will. Harry3001 obviously felt the same, only went that further step as to code it and put it to action... So I'm guessing I'm not alone here, unless he did it just for me (highly doubtful but possible)

I guess we could argue opposing opinions all day too if you'd like? how about it?

- mstef - 2010-10-26

Continuing with scrollbars problems:

When I go into music > genres for example jazz, list view - scrollbars are not visible; look also on overlapping title;

sometimes when I go back and forward scrollbars apears! I suppose it remember visibility from the previous page or something, try it

next is slide, two scrollbars, one is working

panel view: scrollbars are not working

- Jeroen - 2010-10-26

@mstef: very helpful thank you. Dont understand how they got completely borked because I can't recall changing anything on the scrollbars recently but I'll be sure to look into it.
Cheers,
jeroen

- loggio - 2010-10-26

Jeroen,

Not sure if anyone else is experiencing this problem. But if i set a custom fanart path for the home screen, there is a slight jump or glitch if you will between slide transitions. Doesn't seem to be as smooth as the default fanart slide. Let me know if this happens to you.

Cheers,
Loggio.

- IamLegend - 2010-10-26

Hi Jeroen,

Thanks for the update. I have a small suggestion that i hope you may consider. Would it be possible to add a media count somewhere onscreen. I know your trying to keep everything clean and free of clutter and it looks great so i was thinking maybe for those that dont really need to have the time and date in the top right corner would it be possible to add an option to have your media count there instead? when no media is playing of course.

- Jeroen - 2010-10-27

loggio Wrote:Jeroen,

Not sure if anyone else is experiencing this problem. But if i set a custom fanart path for the home screen, there is a slight jump or glitch if you will between slide transitions. Doesn't seem to be as smooth as the default fanart slide. Let me know if this happens to you.

Cheers,
Loggio.
Aside from the path to the images there is no difference whatsoever between both, they make use of the same transition animation. Maybe the images you use in the custom path are higher resolution or bigger in filesize than the scraped ones? Can't think of any other explanation really.

IamLegend Wrote:Hi Jeroen,

Thanks for the update. I have a small suggestion that i hope you may consider. Would it be possible to add a media count somewhere onscreen. I know your trying to keep everything clean and free of clutter and it looks great so i was thinking maybe for those that dont really need to have the time and date in the top right corner would it be possible to add an option to have your media count there instead? when no media is playing of course.
Yeah I want to add a media count but I haven't really decided how to go about it. Adding it to the top right is not something I would prefer as it is already used for quite a lot of things. Also it would force you to choose between displaying one or the other without offering the option to see both.
I highly prefer to have it in a fixed position though, so that it's in the same place regardless of what view you're in.
I have thought about placing it underneath the page label (so where it says movies or tv shows for example), but I'm not sure about that yet. It would also require some refitting here and there.
So, basically yes I will add this, just not sure how yet.

@mstef: I've been able to reproduce all the problems you mentioned with the scrollbars. It's a bit messy to say the least, so I am running down all the scrollbar code and I will release a bugfix release this week before moving on to 0.9

- loggio - 2010-10-27

Jeroen Wrote:Aside from the path to the images there is no difference whatsoever between both, they make use of the same transition animation. Maybe the images you use in the custom path are higher resolution or bigger in filesize than the scraped ones? Can't think of any other explanation really.

I was thinking it may be a resolution/sizing issue. But then i reminded myself that i use custom backgrounds paths on almost all skins and have only come across this issue with your skin. Even with Rapiers Qualar mod, the "animated" custom wallpapers are smooth. Weird though, i couldn't imagine the code would be much different (if at all).

I'll resize my images and see if the problem still exists. They're standard 1920x1080 backdrops btw.

- mstef - 2010-10-27

Jeroen Wrote:@mstef: I've been able to reproduce all the problems you mentioned with the scrollbars. It's a bit messy to say the least, so I am running down all the scrollbar code and I will release a bugfix release this week before moving on to 0.9

I'm happy I can help you. Please check this too:

mstef Wrote:I've installed system from live cd with dharma beta3 and when I push mute button I have icon with speaker in circle near hour indicator (top right corner) but in my opinion mute icon shoud be strike speaker. How is in yours system? In windows I can't get this icon.

Also there is no icon in home menu when press mute and when there is update library and showing info about it in right top corner, there is no icon only empty space apears when press mute

- johnny utah - 2010-10-27

Jeroen Wrote:Yeah I want to add a media count but I haven't really decided how to go about it. Adding it to the top right is not something I would prefer as it is already used for quite a lot of things. Also it would force you to choose between displaying one or the other without offering the option to see both.
I highly prefer to have it in a fixed position though, so that it's in the same place regardless of what view you're in.
I have thought about placing it underneath the page label (so where it says movies or tv shows for example), but I'm not sure about that yet. It would also require some refitting here and there.
So, basically yes I will add this, just not sure how yet.

I also suggested this one a while back....and there with you in keeping it subtle...and making it an option.

What about having it on the bottom right? Similar to how the mediastream skin does it. That way it's not competing with other text or cluttering things.

My favorite thing about this skin is probably the different views it offers...all are amazing and well thought-out and implemented and like using them all.

Jeroen, would you consider adding a full-screen wall view that shows the covers edge-to-edge in the future? I think it would be the cherry on top! Big Grin

- Galefury - 2010-10-30

@Jeroen: suggestion for media count: can you make so it replace the rss feeds only when movies and tv shows are highlighted ? Can it be done ?

- mstef - 2010-10-30

loggio Wrote:Jeroen,

Cheers,
Loggio.

Hi, I don't see that problem in my system but I find that RSS stop for a while everytime when fanart is changing on home page.

- Jeroen - 2010-10-30

johnny utah Wrote:What about having it on the bottom right? Similar to how the mediastream skin does it. That way it's not competing with other text or cluttering things.
That's something I considered too. But in some views, like for instance thumbnail view this wouldn't really work out without having to move or remove other elements. Whichever route I decide to go, some moving and refitting will probably be needed, so maybe it's still something to consider.

Quote:Jeroen, would you consider adding a full-screen wall view that shows the covers edge-to-edge in the future? I think it would be the cherry on top! Big Grin
Maybe. I've experimented with it at some point, but wall views have some drawbacks preventing me to do them the way I would want them to. Also, they don't really offer a significant advantage over a normal thumbnail panel.

Galefury Wrote:@Jeroen: suggestion for media count: can you make so it replace the rss feeds only when movies and tv shows are highlighted ? Can it be done ?
No I don't think that's possible. The media count is based on whichever screen you're in. Would be nice though.

mstef Wrote:Hi, I don't see that problem in my system but I find that RSS stop for a while everytime when fanart is changing on home page.
Yes I have that too, although it's a fraction of a second for me. I tried changing the fanart transition time, but it stays the same. Not sure if there's anything I can do about it.
If it were up to me, I would want to change the RSS entirely. Instead of a continuously scrolling ticker I would much prefer to show one headline at a time and skip through them after a certain amount of time. I find the ticker distracting, so I mostly don't even enable it.

- salival - 2010-10-30

Jeroen, I like this skin, but there's one thing missing as far as I am concerned.
Since I have a lot of mixed sources in my tv-show list (Blu-ray, HDTV, etc) I'd like to know which. At the moment I have modded 0.8.8 to show the logo's next to the resolution in views that show this. (I borrowed the code and icons from Alaska revisited)

The same goes for songs in the music section. In list view it could go instead of the star rating, since that's already shown next to the song, and in slide mode under or next to the rating.
It would be great to have this option available in future versions.

Either way, keep up the good work.

- mstef - 2010-10-30

Jeroen Wrote:That's something I considered too. But in some views, like for instance thumbnail view this wouldn't really work out without having to move or remove other elements. Whichever route I decide to go, some moving and refitting will probably be needed, so maybe it's still something to consider.

Hi Jeroen, I'll put my few thoughts. Generally, reFocus is very simple & clean and you should keep it in that way. I prefer that media counters should be only in home screen just for info, nothing more. I create three visualisations how I see it.

1) This is what I like, static info about library counts (as you see I use your icons), you can read on xbmc start or any other way

2) This layout is if you say that first is to much, this is with single icons changing every 2 seconds:

3) And last proposition is created in the same way as wheather or now playing:

And one thing more, is it intended that focus indicator on home page has different color (is more bright) on weather and now playing than on video and others items? I suppose the reason is with length of the indicator but I can be wrong.

- starcitysecrets - 2010-10-31

hi jeroen,

in regards to the memory issue with the video addons constantly reverting to the list view, is there something I can do similar to this fix in Aeon http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=50523 to have the default view as thumbnails?

I know its a different skin so it might not be the same at all but maybe a similar fix for me could be similar to this?

thanks!